The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kudos for great roleplay  (Read 35416 times)

Shiokara

Re: Kudos for great roleplay
« Reply #840 on: October 23, 2011, 10:02:07 pm »
Kudos to Sehky, Ayndel, Armand, and the DM Diva for letting me roll out Bill Walker as intended (passively interested) during a brief impromptu. I had a good time, and the report on the scroll came out nicely.

Anamnesis

« Reply #841 on: October 26, 2011, 07:09:31 am »
Andrew and I would like to this moment to Thank all those who came to share the happiest of occasions with us both, and stayed through all the chaos that entailed! We had a wonderful night!

takes a deep breath...

Aerimor - for setting up the singers and piano

Andrew (the groom) -  for not being late!

Melody
/and the children for the beautiful music/Luther Vandroos. (I have never heard/read it sung so well! (here and now))

Alazira
for dealing so well with being both the priestess of the ceremony and being maid of honor walking Elly down the aisle! (way to multitask!)

Daniel Benjamin
for being the best man and trying his best not to outshine the groom! (for comforting Elly and Andrew before the ceremony and making them less nervous)

Gel'larian/Arfur/
- for helping to make sure that the guests were on the correct side of the fence

Steel - for helping provide the food afterwards!

Plenarius/Orth - For the best fireworks Layo has ever seen! And for coming to the wedding! (sorry about there not being many single ladies there.)

Emwonk/Trya - for making the bouquet toss more like target practice!

Charlie/Arfur - for being guardians at the gate! Because of them the only trouble at the wedding was Trouble!

For the Many guests that showed up for the event!

takes another deep breath...

Thank you Amgine, Riven, Damon, Arfur, Finn, Katelyn, Lana, Ferrit, Kyle, Lareth, Chakar, Todd, Tralek, Vrebel, Nokka, Kaldar, Illia, Zigruum, Argali, Kurn, Zarianna

Our wedding would not have been as perfect without all of you coming and showing your support! We love you all! Thank you all for the wonderful gifts too! Elly is now definitely encumbered! You are all so sweet!
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Alazira

« Reply #842 on: November 02, 2011, 12:58:40 am »
Thanks to Brewmaster for an excellent night of entertainment as well as my associates in being entertained.  It was a most excellent evening.

mixafix

« Reply #843 on: November 02, 2011, 04:23:18 am »
Want to throw a big thanks out there to Darktanyin for taking the lead in the Dumas brothers 1489 World Tour. He had us punching above our weight in some wacky places and reminded us there was no I in Team.
 Good to see a run in GMT time so planning another even as I type! :)

RollinsCat

« Reply #844 on: November 12, 2011, 10:10:32 pm »
Just a thanks to Daniella/Alatriel and Lance/er, Lance...for running the Toranite Leadership Program.  It was some really great role playing and some really great character development and I enjoyed it tremendously.

now there is a LG paladin loose in the world with my mind behind her...*chuckles*

RollinsCat

« Reply #845 on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »
Thank you to everyone who stopped by the Duets night - Elohanna, Jetta/Lyle, Argali, Lana, Armand, Gel'larian, Melody, Raina, and B'hrian Ahurr'ur'tha.

Special thanks to the performers:

Gel'larian

Lana and LAndrew (she looks better as me than I do!)

Melody

Jetta (dagger tossing for the win)

Lyle Underroot

and...a special performance from Crockett and Stubbs, Brechside County Jamboree, and Dancing Hooves Harry, Torgo, and Quayle, the Wayward Wildside Trio!

Special thanks also to Lonn for the Excitable Fan!

all of y'all who missed it, there will be something in January, now that our dress rehearsal is done.  be looking for it!

lonnarin

« Reply #846 on: November 23, 2011, 12:32:49 am »
Very well RPed times there indeed!  Amazing songs from all of you.  Growing a quest out of tonight's events, check the rumor mill and we can continue the Trio's tales.

mixafix

« Reply #847 on: December 06, 2011, 05:34:06 pm »
Thanks to Portlie Dumas for taking the lead in the latest Tuesday Dumas tour. Though he stayed closer to home he led at a dangerously exciting pace! and got us safely through to the diamonds. Thanks to all those who joined up.

Fian Bearsark

« Reply #848 on: December 10, 2011, 10:33:35 am »
Thanks to Ytsim and Jared for a great evening of treasure hunting and especially thanks to Brewmaster for sinister halflings, black boxes, moral choices and most of all ----> Owlbears! (those fuzzy things bring me right back to Pen an Paper DND, TSR's Keep on the Borderlands rockin it Old School)

THACO!

mixafix

« Reply #849 on: January 08, 2012, 07:23:41 am »
Thanks to all those past and present who have posted screenshots and useful comments about quests and events.

As time goes by these works provide great memory kicks - and particularly where PCs are highlighted.

So keep posting on the gallery all!

RollinsCat

« Reply #850 on: January 15, 2012, 12:07:25 am »
Thanks to Brewmaster for spicing up our Deep trip!  new monsters to look up, slaves freed...a good night.

davidhoff

« Reply #851 on: January 16, 2012, 10:16:24 pm »
I want to say a BIG thank you to DEZZA and all the characters that helped Griff Silversand with his Champion of Vorax CDQ:

Argali Trueaxe
Beli Tinker
Gunder Harbist
Azk'a Thunderaxe
Zigruum Frostbeard

This was a really fun and rewarding quest for Griff and I.  It was great to see all the dwarves out together.  I fully enjoyed it all.  Dezza put together a nice challenge with the squabling dwarf clans, the Voraxian gifted boy and the Dwarf-Hunter Giants.  Very memorable.  Thank you all so much.

Edit: PS, I forgot to take any screenies..if anyone has some to post to the gallery that would be great; especially when the clans were on the battlefield about to go at it.

mixafix

« Reply #852 on: January 17, 2012, 03:08:46 am »
Great to see so many people out on a CDQ

mixafix

« Reply #853 on: February 01, 2012, 03:16:20 am »
Respect to Troll King and Master for getting a themed series up and running. Sadly it is not my time zone but it has attracted a good sign up and I look forward to living and breathing a story from those pcs that go.

As a whimsical aside - I note the sign up for the second episode is half the first and wonder at the storytelling ability of the GMs;) - have they waned before they have even started!:)

I am sure in truth, more will actually join as time goes by...have a good one and you never know I might make a sleepless night episode one time!

PS thanks to Portlie for leading the Dumas Brothers and company into new territory to sort out some Great Forest Bandits and I think the bandits probably won but a scary outing was had by all attending!

RollinsCat

« Reply #854 on: February 16, 2012, 12:05:23 am »
Thanks, many times over, for the great Wayward Wildside series from Lonn.  It's been a pleasure to be part of an extended whodunnit, and to see such good turnout all stemming from a player event and one unwise - but morally right! - decision.  Enjoying it all the way!

Nehetsrev

« Reply #855 on: February 16, 2012, 07:32:04 am »
Bah!  Morals, humbug! *says Jetta*  I just hope this gets me in good standing with the ruling powers in Mariner's Hold and produces opportunities for better paying work in my career field.

------
OOC - Agreeing with RollinsCat here though.  The whole series, from the first impromptu to the semi-finale (since with the Withspoon's situation there's still more to do), has been a blast to participate in!  Definitely looking forward to seeing more of this sort high-quality questing.  Brewmaster did an excellent job of marrionetting a goodly-sized cast of unique and flavorful NPC's while simultaneously keeping the quest moving, including the behind the scenes dealings.

Anamnesis

« Reply #856 on: February 21, 2012, 01:17:23 am »
I want to take the time thank all those who participated in the recovery of Andrew tonight! It was a very nice turn out and I appreciate Jako, Ferrit, Tralek, Rory, Ziggy, Jetta, and Andrew for being so wonderful.

Rory and Ferrit were great finding traps, sometimes the hard way. Jetta for reminding us that she needs a raise and Elly plans to see she gets one. Ziggy and Tralek for their protections and moral support. They are two of the best friends Elly can have. Jako for being a great meatshield and in the end being a great fighter! GO JAKO!

I also want to thank Diva and Rowana for running the CDQ, that has proved to have many unexpected consequences.

Thank you all for a fantastic night of adventure and for testing my character and Andrew.

There is still definitely some follow-up to the quest that needs to be done and I look forward to working with some of you again in the future!

Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Alazira

« Reply #857 on: February 26, 2012, 07:52:47 pm »
So .. this morning I was minding my own business and suddenly someone I don't know asks to roleplay (and only completely different timezones excuses my thoughts that he was a newbie who needed help ;)  )... so of course I drop what I'm doing and head on over.  I'd like to say thanks for a great little bit of rp and character development from Eghaas.  Robin had a chance to not be stuck up for once. It was fun and hope to repeat it again.

Katie/Robin

Alatriel

« Reply #858 on: February 29, 2012, 07:03:19 am »
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the great rp last night.  

And.... to give you a song that I have stuck in my head now because of it.  Zombies - She's Not There (Original Stereo) - YouTube

lonnarin

« Reply #859 on: March 01, 2012, 12:59:23 am »
Excellent questing tonight folks!  I had about 6 ways to lose that quest and only two ways to win it, and you won.  Oh sure, not the super ultra added special ending with the ewoks on Endor and the troops on Corescant dancing, but hey, better luck next time  No Seriously, you cured the poison, ended the curse on these poor Witherspoons, made true love prevail and didn't let Edna escape.  Old Councilman Grue might even begin to warm up to Andrew at this point, only if he'd cut his hair and get an honorable job, like accounting.  Jetta though, gains three minions and the Councilman's ear, Aesther and Samantha got the ear and more.  Speaking of Which, I owe Samantha a Lawful point!  Also, the Silverbuckle is now guarded by the expert mouser kitten Griff and 3 more go to good loving homes.  Be sure to add them to your CDT threads. ;)

Quest reward, kittens.  PM me their names for my quest writeup!

And all those whose jaws hit the floor when you heard Edna speak those special words, send me a PM with your investigations!

anything