The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Paladin priest know how?  (Read 388 times)

silverblades

Paladin priest know how?
« on: December 27, 2005, 07:45:00 pm »
From an RP stand point would a paladin of Toran know all other paladins that are out there. Would this be known info to a new paladin? would this extend to priests also?, or must this be RP'd to find ones diety?
There can be only One.

silverblades

RE: Paladin priest know how?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 06:49:00 pm »
Still waiting for a reply on this Im starting a paladin and would like to know. Would I know about other paladins that are under Toran. I have been keeping track of a few by server status. thanks.
There can be only One.

tom bombadill

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 06:58:00 pm »
i can't answer your question as it seems a sensitive area close to meta gaming. however if you know there names and they are paladins. then they will most likely have there diety emblem on the shield, and when you see them with it you could be a bit more forward and assume they will want to talk with you and get to know you. it is also a good idea to learn your dieties allies emblems as well. they may not be as ready to accept you but you should be able trust them to at least hear you out.

EdTheKet

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 05:20:00 am »
silverblades - 12/28/2005 4:45 AM From an RP stand point would a paladin of Toran know all other paladins that are out there.
He wouldn't as Toran has a lot of them.

would this extend to priests also?
Yes, he wouldn't know all the priests either. Of course priests and paladins of Toran proudly display who they worship so when you meet one they're not hard to recognize.

or must this be RP'd to find ones diety?
Not sure I understand this last question?
  EDIT: Moved to 'Roleplaying: how to on Layonara"

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 06:15:00 am »
you'll want to RP others dieties, so that you don't
A) heal people of deities that are clashing (Pyrtechon, Shadon, Branderback, Corath, Mist, Baraeon Ca'Duz, Kithairien, Xeen, Vierdri’ira, Grand -if you wanted to know)  that will likely hurt ya... badly.  And when you DO heal someone, you could/should RP getting hurt by it...
B) you can have long, intelligent (or not) conversations with people who have the same, or different deities.  Imagine starting an argument with a Xeenite about how spoiled they are, and that they should come to your side and start serving a god that you devote your life to...  (ok, pulled that outta my butt)
C) offend someone.  I get offended.  Alot. By either bards,  (icky tweety birds) or persons of Toran because they go around SHOUTING that they SERVE TORAN and ALL MUST KNOW...  ok, you should do that, and you should offend people by doing that.  Just doing that will let ya know if people have the same diety, or if they hate ya...  I just don't like it, but put up with it.

silverblades

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
well your right when you introduce yourself as a pladin of toran people immediately give you their opinion of what they think of you, be it good or bad. (must be the guilty conscience thing). Thanks Ed for the feedback and the others also. now that ive started to play him he's not as stuffy as I thought I was going to play him.
I asked this because of the rarity of paladinship and the fact that thay are so near justiciers and the court systems not just some run of the mill fighter and such. thanks again. *smiles*
There can be only One.