The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: roleplayingtips.com: Issue 348 - Sneaky Tactics For Weak Monsters  (Read 369 times)

darkstorme

Re: roleplayingtips.com: Issue 348 - Sneaky Tactics For Weak Mon
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 03:09:41 am »
I don't care if this is a bot; quit giving the GMs ideas!

Praylor Falcus

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 01:36:31 am »
So much for "lets not foster that US versus them mentality

hawklen

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 02:01:18 am »
No offense, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't post negative comments and such. Save if for your myspace blog.

EDIT: Edited for niceness

orth

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 02:40:33 am »
Quote from: Praylor Falcus
So much for "lets not foster that US versus them mentality

Who said we weren't trying to foster an us vs them mentality?  Dude, that's what we're all about...  We do this to stroke our massive egos to lay command over the minions and drones we enjoy watching bow to all our wants. [SIZE=-1]You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is  never join a roleplaying community which welcomes you freely and lets you suck up all their bandwidth with subpar trolling![/SIZE] Muhahahhahahaha muhahahahaha hahahahaha.

Or... maybe some of our community are gamemasters... or ... maybe some of the advice is good all around, you know, for characters too.

:)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 02:41:12 am »
You know... Those are actually really helpful.

darkstorme

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 03:00:47 am »
Quote from: orth
[SIZE=-1]You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is  never join a roleplaying community which welcomes you freely and lets you suck up all their bandwidth with subpar trolling![/SIZE]

Baa haa haa haa ha ha ha hee hee hee hee hee he he.... *wipes a tear from his eye* Phew!

*chuckles*  I think, perhaps, someone posting earlier in this thread didn't register my comment as humour.  Allow me to clarify: when I say I don't wish Gelatinous RSS to give the Gamemasters ideas, I am voicing the prayer of all players: "Oh, God, save me from a Gamemaster with a new trick he's just dying to try out!"

Seriously, if I saw some of these tactics implemented in-game, with some means around them that was suitably intricate, I would be absolutely delighted.  *sneaks off to begin formulating counterstrategies to each of those detailed in the original post*

Ravemore

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 01:45:06 pm »
Nice...I'd like to see some of that implemented if possible. It would certainly spice up the hack and slash...

Hotaru

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 01:56:17 am »
    to be honest i've used the shoot and hide in the original campaign... i had a Rogue/Shadow Dancer  and i popped arrows from out of the shadows where i kept using the "hide in plain sight" feat and i set a few minor spike traps around where i was hiding to stop any advancing guards.... that and i trapped the entire hallway of one of the estates of the Art Theft quests in the first Act if you will... was pretty funny seeing 30 guards rushing out and getting slaughtered by various traps

anything