The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: using language ears  (Read 145 times)

pejsaboy

• View Profile
    using language ears
    « on: June 17, 2006, 07:41:33 pm »
    My character Agron Thornthistle is half-elf, and I'd like to eventually try and learn/earn the elvish ear. I don't remember off the top of my head if his Int score is high enough, though if it's not i'll try to boost that to qualify at later levels. Anyhoo, i was curious exactly how they work once you have them in inventory. Do you actually have to know words and phrases and type them in the language, or do you type them in english/common and the game translates? I'm assuming the game translates, just looking for a heads-up!

minerva

Re: using language ears
    « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 08:13:28 pm »
    If you have the ear for a language you type either /dm [ what you want to say] or /o L what you want to say .  The game translates.  As a half elf you will be able to understand elven but not speak it unless your bio supports it and you have an Int greater than 12.  No bio support, you can have other players role play teaching you and keep a record of this in your journal. Languages are hard so you won't learn them in a week or two.  It will take several In Game years of consistant RP to learn.  Languages cannot be learned from NPCs or Familairs.

pejsaboy

• View Profile
      Re: using language ears
      « Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:24:47 am »
      Excellent, thanks for the quick reply! I've not come across it in my forum readings so far, so how does game time equate to RL time?

anything