The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: *Near Lake Dantuc North*  (Read 8587 times)

Dorganath

// [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sat
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2017, 06:24:44 pm »

// [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Sat Mar 11 17:11:46] Listen Check:  20 + 6 = 26*

The stranger's attention is drawn to the odd little creature, though his expression reflects both recognition and some small surprise...something along the lines of "Well now...what are you doing here?"...though such a comment remains unspoken. He does not seem concerned in the least.

His expression shifts a little once he looks back to the magical workings to one of validation and some satisfaction. His head then tips to the side...then looks to the trap door before he stands and moves that direction a bit.

"Yes, please!" he calls upward. "If you could do something about the flames..."

* screenshot available upon request

Chuckles_McChuck

((listen check: 6 + 8 =
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2017, 10:44:52 pm »

((listen check: 6 + 8 = 14))

Spying the strange creature emerging, Lia decides to try and ignore it hoping the others will quickly dispatch of it if it becomes a nuisance and continues attempting to write her notes in spite of all the distractions.

Acacea

The stranger calls out to
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2017, 08:57:18 pm »

The stranger calls out to someone up top, the odor of smoke filling his nose and mouth as he stands to be near the trap. Armand can hear a muffled curse from the ferryman afterwards, and everyone hears the next crash as the burning roof caves in above their fortress of solitude. The mages make their notes and observations with varying degrees of success (poor Lia finding it difficult to write while dual-wielding snow machines), noting that indeed it is possible to get the occasional intended result while simultaneously wielding utter chaos! The cleric looks on in dismay, though the footstool with aspirations above its station waddles a little towards her before it is apparently worn out for the day. 

And then, after a blurry change of being, everything is okay. No! Everything is fantastic. You waddle about in your polar environment, with plenty of leftover fish and ice to do the ol' belly slip'n'slide over, not a predator in sight. Today is a good day!

You (and the fat green furry thing) have all become penguins. You will remain penguins for the next

*robot voice* One. Minute. Thirty. Seconds.

"In the Heavens, Toran throws his hands up. 'This is why we can't have nice things,' he says accusingly to Lucinda." :P

Dorganath

*squawk*
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2017, 11:57:18 pm »

*squawk*

Acacea

There is some strange noise
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2017, 03:56:00 pm »

There is some strange noise that goes unprocessed by bird brains, and one of your fellow penguins disappears from the world, never to be seen again.

You return to your original forms (prior conditions intact) in 

Zero. Seconds.

Happy penguin intermission over; it is no longer a good day. Trap door seems to be on fire. All humanoids accounted for. Down one cute round furry thing. It's harder to breathe in your larger forms. You appear to be trapped between ice and fire with surges happening fairly regularly, minus the occasional beat. 

(I await your responses with fascination. :P )

Chuckles_McChuck

Out of penguin form and still
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2017, 12:34:58 am »

Out of penguin form and still in dire straights, Lia develops an expression on her face that only the designated town drunk would want to approach.  If the stranger didn't recognize her earlier, this expression might have changed that.  Storming to the hatch and quite literally, as she is a living blizzard, she focus's this new found frustration at the hatch, or more specifically the fire above the hatch, by simply aiming the blizzard-steam escaping what she imagines is her pits.

'On the bright side, no one can accuse me for smelling bad,' she muses to herself.

Acacea

The fire actually feels
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2017, 01:23:00 am »

The fire actually feels blessedly warm for its brief existence... Is it the fire-extinguisher-on-steroids or Lia's formidable expression that so adroitly quashes it? The world may never know.* Both the hatch and the top of the ladder are taken thoroughly in hand. Though the fire immediately above her is doused, there seems to be debris on top of it that make it difficult to get beyond right away. 

*It was the fire-extinguisher on steroids.

Chuckles_McChuck

Satisfied with her work, Lia
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2017, 08:09:15 pm »

Satisfied with her work, Lia breaths in deep and lets out a contented sigh.  She then looks to the others and smiles, "Hyi'll leave... the rest... teh yo."  Before freezing more dinner and sits down again.

Lance Stargazer

*Armand groans for a bit
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2017, 11:45:56 pm »

*Armand groans for a bit while looking at the events happening, he has a hard time deciding on what his attention is, either the problem to actually get out, which now he can't bring a golem at least not yet to do the heavy work for him, or how is the interaction of the wild magic and the reaction of each part of the containment, which academic value surpases anything else on the room,  or .. breathe which is slowly becoming more and more hard * 

*He gives a look on the room, looking for something to use as a lever to help to apply strenght into the Trapdor and try to increase his chances to actually open it *

Acacea

//Spot check
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2017, 11:54:48 pm »

//Spot check

ystrday

*Orn looks down at herself
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2017, 01:27:58 pm »

*Orn looks down at herself and pats herself making sure all her parts are back where they should be after her very brief stint as a penquin. Sighing a bit, she mutters to herself of the craziness she's involved with, looking at Lia Orn gives a helpless sigh and sits next to her* I agree with Lia, I'll leave the rest up to you.

Lance Stargazer

// Rolled a 17 = 9+8 
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2017, 12:10:51 pm »

// Rolled a 17 = 9+8 

Acacea

In their private winter
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2017, 03:03:27 pm »

In their private winter wonderland, it's difficult to make out different shapes beneath the snow and ice, though conveniently it all seems to settle outside the ritual circles. Armand spots a few frosted leaves, though, and so is drawn to the branch that had attacked him, earlier. Though not terribly large, it held up well enough when attacking his knees, anyway...

Acacea

//Hey people! I'm sure we'd
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2017, 03:08:14 pm »

//Hey people! I'm sure we'd all reaaally like to get this wrapped, is there a chance we could agree on a date everyone could meet IG (after this week, preferably) for less tag? If everyone's cool without I don't mind, I just assume you'd like it not hanging over you ;) 

Dorganath

// Next week is fine with
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2017, 11:28:46 pm »

// Next week is fine with me...weekends and evenings are my usual mantra. Finishing on the forums is fine too! My relative silence the last week or so has been due to...things.

Chuckles_McChuck

//Friday the 31 Mar - Sunday
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2017, 10:03:03 am »

//Friday the 31 Mar - Sunday the 2 Apr will be impossible for me, but I should be free every other day after 5pm PST.  Usually just need enough heads up for long events to let the wife know ahead of time and avoid death glare.

ystrday

//Next week I believe will
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2017, 02:45:52 pm »

//Next week I believe will work for me mostly; the 31 and that weekend is out for me. The evening anytime after 5pm pst will work better with my schedule. Thanks

Lance Stargazer

// Another "short" Session?
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2017, 11:36:37 pm »

// Another "short" Session?  *grins* 

I'm our of home on a work trip during this week, And  next week is still iffy, I'll know more on next Monday, till then I could work on a schedule. Will update as soon as i can.

Acacea

*nudges Lance* any update? :)
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2017, 02:53:13 pm »

*nudges Lance* any update? :)

Lance Stargazer

/ /   Sorry RL .been really
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2017, 09:07:57 pm »

/ /   Sorry RL .been really mean so far.

SO next saturday 1 pm CST wouild work if still want to do something in game for this.   I can acomodate, though with enough tikme during the weekdays after 7 pm though