The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Letter for the authorities it may concern in Port Hempstead  (Read 287 times)

Blackguy

Greetings

I write this letter because I want to press charges against a indivual that have committed a crime in your city.

this individual goes by the name of Hawklen, thats is the only one I know that he responds to. He can normally be found clad in puple, brandishing a quarterstaff and a skullmask near the fountain the in the main district. Trent knows who he is, and should be helpfull in pointing him out.

The charges i want to press is cruelty and murder of an animal. This animal seemed to be a splendid horse belonging to a paladin, who recently was in town. His name is not know to me, but it would be wise to seek out which paladin this horse belonged to.

The situation brief: The paladin had the Horse tied up near the water foundtain in the main square. Opposite of it, was the person Hawklen. I sat no more than two benches away, and heard an conversation between Hawklen and another indivual that I didnt get a name off. She was clad in black, and seemed to know him. Their conversation consisted about how Hawklen was feeling, and he expressed himself to the woman that he was bored. I didnt think more of this, as this is usually the case when people spend to much time in the city. then from the corner of my eye I saw Hawklen approach the horse, and without a word he drew his sword and thrusted it opun the poor animal. the horse, seeing no other option as it was tied down, out of fear began to defend itself from this surprise attack. Hawklen proceed to repeatedly slash and cut the horse to death, without him ever saying a word. I was paralyzed, to say the least, I couldn't beleive my eyes. I tried to stop the him from finishing his foul deed, but alas i was tolate. I then asked what in the world he was doing. He said that he was merely trying to make the horse go away. I can find 10 other ways to do that without the use of swords. He then had a brief talk with the woman he was with, and then performed a ressurection of the animal. Clearly this was in direct contempt with the animals owners diety. He then merely tried to talk his way out of this, and I told him that I would be pressing charges against him in this matter, to which he merely shrugged as if no fearing any repecussion from his deed.

I write this letter in the faith that the authorities will do what is nessecary in this matter. I will not play jugde, merely state that i was an eyewitness to this incident. Hopefully others who witnessed Hawklens actions will follow suit and testafy against him.

A humble citizen of Mistone.

Lin'da Sul'kolindo

EdTheKet

Re: A Letter for the authorities it may concern in Port Hempstea
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:14:17 pm »
Dear Miss Sul'kolindo,
Thank you for your letter, it is good to see that in these Dark Times people still have a sense of responsibility.

That being said, there is no law that states animals cannot be killed. However, as this horse was somebody's property, it can be classified as a desctruction of property.
However, the proprietor will have to file the charges with us before we can take it into consideration.

Blackguy

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 06:29:04 pm »
* Lin'da looks over the letter, abit frustrated about the wording, but choose to respond anyway *

I'll not go into a discussion about how animal's life is weighed diffrently than humans, as that have already been defined by the Law. Althou I would like to say that I think that an animals life, if taken in sheer pleasure, or fun, should act as crime on pair with taking another persons life. But the law is clear, and I respect it.

On the matter of the Paladin, I will attempt to locate this "propertys" owner, so that he can testafy against Hawklen in this crime.

I trust that once this owner is found, and he can verify what have happent to his horse, than he will press the same charges as I have done.

Yours Sincerly

Lin'da Sul'kolindo

Tialle Dianesis

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:00:37 am »
    *she stops to post a small note on the letter*
    If we are speaking of the same horse then as far as my knowledge goes that belongs to Matilda (not sure if the name is correct), a Paladin of Lucinda. I write this knowing that she is the only one I saw leaving a horse tied down near the fountains.
    - Tialle Dianesis

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 12:12:02 am »
    She walks by the letter and freezes as she catches the name Hawklen, skimming quickly through what was written. She then looks down at her own dark clothing.
    "Time for a new look," she sighs a bit before running ahead. "And a good warning for him."

Blackguy

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 03:13:57 am »
    * Lin'da sits in the public library, and goes throught the rules of this land. She carefully reads every page, and makes sure that she leaves no rules left behind. Finnaly she reaches a page, that makes her eyes quirk, and she begins to write a letter for the autorities *

It have come to my attention that the laws does not see killing animals as a crime, but it clearly makes a distinction with familiar belonging to wizard or sorcerers, and with animals compagnions normally found in the presence of rangers and druids.

I will make no attemp to bend the law in this direction, but I would wonder if a Paladins Warhorse does not go under the same ethics, for the purpose of dispursing punishment, and/or pressing charges.

It have been told by the townfolk of this city that the Paladin Warhorse was owned by no other than by Lucinda's chosen sworn protector Matilda Landsend. I have made an effort to contact her, through the church, and I hope i can have her make her point viewed here, for when its relevant.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 11:08:46 am »
    *a note was tacked on with a trowing dart under the other notes* the lady clad in black was just an innocent by stander.

EdTheKet

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 02:22:50 pm »
    //please note that this letter exchange is between Lin'da and the authorities, it's not a letter on a board somewhere.

Praylor Falcus

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 03:58:24 pm »
    *Walks by and see's the post , A look of anger is soon replaced with a look of concern*

What kinda fool would anger a god, does not the fool know the poor animal must now be destroyed, as being tainted by the magics of a another god makes the poor thing impure and thus unworthy of being what it was intended. The wrath of this god will surely be far worse than anything we mere mortals can do to him. That is if Lucinda is really a god and not a fable .

*A sudden look of deep thought consumes him*

Has the ox murder of Hlint finally been emboldened by lack of action to commit crimes openly , feeling he is untouchable?

Blackguy

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 04:11:34 pm »
    Quote from: EdTheKet
    //please note that this letter exchange is between Lin'da and the authorities, it's not a letter on a board somewhere.

*point ups to what Ed said*

anything