The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A notice goes up at random towns and inns  (Read 743 times)

scifibarbie

A notice goes up at random towns and inns
« on: February 16, 2008, 03:14:10 pm »
*A pink haired girl can be seen posting a notice on random notice boards throughout Dregar and Mistone as she travels. She seems very angry and upset, and is crying often..

Upon reading the notice (or if they cant), many ask her about it..she tells them what she was told by the aeridinites, especialy to the half-races and mixed couples she meets...

FOR THOSE MIXED RACE COUPLES AND THEIR CHILDREN

Know the truth of why you cannot have children!

Aeridin says we are corruptions of the world. That after thousands of years of life he is finally setting right the world and ending the chaos our existence sows!

We are not meant to be a part of the natural cycle....we are abominations to be eradicated! Born out of existence...if you are a mixed blood then your presence is an abomination to his natural order! If your a mixed couple, then you will not be allowed to create a corruption!

I say after thousands of years we are a part of nature's cycle! We are natural and how dare he attack us unjustly!

Ask the head priests of aeridin for the truth of it if you doubt!

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: A notice goes up at random towns and inns
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 03:35:34 pm »
*The following notice is tacked on to the bottom of all but the most remote postings.*

We are not abomination - merely the products of a grace which the Lifegiver no longer affords mortals. The union between elf and man, or halfling and gnome, or mortal and outsider - these are not natural things. Never have they been, but Aeridin granted us the ability to join with one another to create new life.

Great and terrible things have happened in the past hundred years. The war with Sinthar Bloodstone, the coming of the Dark Times, the spread of plague and the return of dragons to Layonara...

These things were not without cost. The cost of one such event was the Lifegiver's blessing between the races - now, it is the sanctity of Life as much as the Cycle that is vital. Just as life leads to death, so, too, must life be kept uncorrupted by unnatural change.

I am half elven, and half human. I know your pain, and wept with grief when I first learned of the Lifegiver's will in this, for I will never father a child. But on long meditation, and many weeks of prayer, I have come to understand.

Many will never understand; I wish that I could truly give you that comprehension.

But know this: Aeridin does not "attack" anyone, in this fact that has now been with us for many years. His blessing, so long taken for granted, was revoked. A difficult period of acceptance lies ahead of us, especially those for whom life's road is long.

Know that I share your plight, yet know, too, that the reasons for this change are not in petty or cruel intent. It is Aeridin's will, for the betterment of Life.

~ Ceviren Lightstaff, Healer of Aeridin

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 07:21:09 pm »
Azatta and Ilsare might bless that which Aeriden denies.  Two goddesses of love and tolerance may suffice where but one god might deny.  True love is more powerful than any god... and even if it isn't, two gods are stronger than one.

As for the madman trying to rally people to slay Aeriden, methinks he's the same one who hates Lucinda.  Seems to be his voice in the message.  Same vehement anger and signatures of anonimity.  I must agree with many of his points however, half elves and dear friends of mine and this world are hardly "abominations"  I would deduce that he was not targetting them directly however, but rather that since his decision seemed to coincide with the coming of the dragons, that he's trying to save us from any half-dragon progeny.  Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work with the recent half-dragon mutants being proliferated by the Green Dragon Cult's vile alchemical vials... so it seems he's only put us at a disadvantage where the most dire of half-breeds flourish.

I would suggest we find him and talk some sense into him.  If that fails, turn to Azatta and Ilsare.  His denial of children between loving couples of different races must surely concern them.  Until then, I'll enjoy this era of free love with no fear of commitment, as any good Xeenite should!

-Farros

DMOE

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 07:55:27 pm »
*a note tacked to the bottom in most major towns and inns, written in an elegant script*

Be careful what lies you spread

The avatar of Aerdin fought and defeated the avatar of Corath.....

It took a huge toll on Aerdin and the ability for half races or non pure bloods to breed was loss because of that....

Would you prefer the great evil to still be walking the lands and doing his gods bidding?

Aerdin fought his enemy, for the good of us all......It had an unexpected side effect.  Such things often do....I would be highly surprised if Aerdin himself even realised it would happen

Grow up and deal with it

*signed*

Ireth Astendor

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 08:05:03 pm »
Lies perhaps, but if the Aeridenite clergy is spreading them in calling half elves abominations when asked after the fact, then that is somewhat suspicious.  We need more answers before a war is to be waged.

We must speak to him directly.  The callousness of his clergy in declaring us all abominations makes me suspect something's not right at all.  If he lost power and that's why it happened, then Azatta and Ilsare might be able to help him...  If as his clergy say, he views innocent halfbreeds to be abominations, then perhaps Corath touched him more than we realized...  

Any who have detailed knowledge of this war between avatars please come forth with whatever knowledge you have before some poor innocent god gets slain out of ill-placed vengeance.  Any who have proof that this is his bidding come forth too.  Knowledge is better than fury.  We need options here, seldom is any history pure black and white.

-Farros

DMOE

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 08:10:57 pm »
*penned in an elegant script*

I told you what happened....

I watched the battle myself...

Corath was trying to create strange half breed creatures, experimenting...I think it most likely that the inability for non pure breeds to breed came from Aerdin stopping those experiments....

They fought, one was vanquished, one was not....

What else is there to know?

*signed*

Ireth Astendor

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 08:24:47 pm »
Much my friend.  Find me soon, I have much to tell of recent sights of Corathites and half breeds.

-Farros Galdor

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 11:00:13 pm »
*lex'or, a blue haird man, passes by and sees the noticed left, after asking around he get to hear it was a pink haired girl. He sighs and shakes his head, ripping the note left by the Aeridin healer*

"So they finally started to tell the story outside of the clergy. And it's starting."

*After talking out loud to himself, he moves out of the inn and into the night.*

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 12:03:31 am »
*Ceviren, checking the various notice boards and inns in the course of his travels, sees some of the new, harsher postings, and the few which reflect reason. He sees, too, his own posting torn, and sighs to himself.*

"I do not have much chance to win a war of words... May the Lifegiver watch over us all."

*Shaking his head in a mixture of grief and exasperation, he simply moves on, already thinking over his next destination, and the next town where he might to more good with healing and medicine than ever by mass-produced parchment.*

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 01:40:47 am »
Let us not be duped, Milara is laughing now.  I saw two Black Wizards at his side when I saw him last, not too long ago.  He made mention of his doing war in the heavens and had his sights set on the ancient tombs of rofirien.  With the great red Pyrtechon being summoned to the realms on fFiresteep by his gathering forces, and the Green Dragon Cult now artificially creating half-dragon beings...  And now Corath's Avatar is seen battling Aeriden's... and though Aeriden seemed victorious, he is now weaker for it, and can no longer sustain his past graces.

Do you not find it odd or merely coincidental that such events so neatly coincide within the span of the few past months?  That the bleak handmaidens of Corath, those robe wearing skull licking maniacal manipulative sods the Black Wizards, would be standing side by side with Milara, and then shortly therafter, Aeriden and Corath's avatar were seen battling?

And now it seems that heretical morons within the clergy of Aeriden are heard giving this girl advice as callous and despicable as any Corath would whisper.  Aeriden himself would never call any child born of love an abberation... maybe he doesn't like shifty druids, but for the whole dogma of his religion to change overnight from "all life is sacred" to "those without pure blood are cursed" seems a few steps beyond a simple change of mind for Aeriden.  Whoever this clergy member was who gave such misinformation about the word is most assuredly compromised by the agents of Corath.  

And despite all appearances of Aeriden's victory... Corath is a master of manipulation.  He did something to Aeriden that day, perhaps severed some magical link he had on the realm.  Or perhaps he poisoned the god in their epic battle.  In any case, this symptom seems to stem from the very same gosdwar now being waged by Milara, with Corathite Agents at his side with the Green Dragon Cult at their disposal.  Most assuredly not a coincidence.

Milara and Corath did this, not Aeriden.  Aeriden loves ALL life.

And now that half-breeds are out of the question, it sounds like Pyrtechon won't be able to make any to fight the Green Dragon Cult, hmmmm?  Milara now has a monopoly one some of the best shock troops one could hope for, and necromancy enough that this curent situation doesn't effect him in the slightest.

And one thing is very certain... Aeriden and his church are now in grave danger.

-Farros Galdor, Aberration

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 02:00:07 am »
//Once again, this Aeridin Fight was MONTHS IRL ago...  YEARS InGame...

DMOE

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 04:43:20 am »
//The quest where Aerdin's Avatar killed Corath's ran around June of last year.....

Thus meaning it has been roughly 7-8 years IG since it happened...

No one who was on the quest felt the need to run about telling people and no one decided to investigate the rumour that was put up about the battle....Until now...

Spike

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 08:28:27 am »
*He walks into the inn with a swish of midnight blue cloak, his face hidden in the shadow of a hood as always. Skimming through the notice and the arguments forming a slight smile crosses his lips.*

"Lies indeed? We shall see where these abominations take you."

*He orders a drink before stepping lightly out into the night chuckling at the foolishness of the so called heroes of the land."

Pen N Popper

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008, 09:10:04 am »
Quote from: DMOE
//The quest where Aerdin's Avatar killed Corath's ran around June of last year.....

Thus meaning it has been roughly 7-8 years IG since it happened...

No one who was on the quest felt the need to run about telling people and no one decided to investigate the rumour that was put up about the battle....Until now...

((OOC
http://forums.layonara.com/rumour-has/116732-merchants-tale.html#post488012
Sure wish people shared information with those out-of-the-know.

Dorganath

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008, 01:05:23 pm »
// When there's not necessarily an IC reason to share, why would they?  The resolution of that event did not necessarily automatically give those involved with the knowledge that mixed-race couples could not reproduce.  As EdThKet said, there was a time-lag between the event and when there were no more conceptions between mixed-race couples.   The rumors about such came some time after the link and it was 3 years in game-time between that event and the point where mixed-race conceptions were not possible.

// So while I'm sure some did share the experience, they may not have connected them, and I don't see a reason for most (except maybe Bumblebee) to stop random people on the street and ask if they've heard about this or that.

// EDIT:  Things posted in the "Rumors" forum are considered to filter into general knowledge. From there, people are free to ask around.  ;)

Anamnesis

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 08:49:18 am »
*she looks upon the notice, saddened even further than before with the recent attacks against the children, herself and now her own faith, she speaks softly to herself*

Aeridin please grant me a small part of the grace you have to hold strong throughout these trials and attacks against what my heart knows to be false attacks against you.

*she picks up her bags sorting through them before picking them up and heading out of the tavern, she walks off shaking her head at the others replies she has seen*
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

scifibarbie

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 11:06:36 am »
*occasionally the pink haired girl was stopped by a few of the faithful of aeridin...begging her not to spread the lies, or half truths she seems to believe.

She just stares at them, and tells them to talk to their priests for the truth of what she says. That they came from the head cleric in Northpoint himself.

That the cleric told her he (she wont say aeridin if she can help it) wants to stop the corruption of the races. That the 'pure races' are not supposed to mix lest the purity of their being lead to a corruption. That their offspring are corruptions and abominations on the world and he means to end it to save the world.

It can be seen that more than one mixed couple or or half-breed obviously is taking what she said seriously and sadly.

In a few places, people distance themselves from mixed bloods and mixed couples, as if afraid to be seen with them, after hearing the girls words.

DMOE

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 07:16:10 am »
*written in an elegant script*

Answer me this, if you can....

If Aerdin truly believes half bloods are an abomination...

Why is his highest and most respect paladin a half elf?

Why does that paladin STILL have Aerdin's blessing and divine powers?

*signed*

Ireth Astendor

Hellblazer

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 12:07:21 pm »
*A man appears from the shadows and tacks a note then goes back into them disappearing from sight*

Easy, for the sake of appearances. Imagine the chaos it would bring if he was to make all of this public knowledge, by even more confirming it with the removal of the powers of those who served him loyally, for all theses years unknowing his true nature.

akata

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 02:49:27 pm »
*chuckles reading the last note*

for the sake of appearances... if that was the case then why would the very same Aeridinites tell the creator of these notes, that all half breeds are corruptions of the world? Seems more to me like a cheap trick of the corathites.. looks like people are sharpening their pitch forks and finding the good old torch. Maybe just maybe people should seek out the Aeridinites and get their side too, because second hand information is always so accurate.

*signed*
Angela

anything