The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: An angry half-orc washes up in Vehl  (Read 284 times)

osxmallard

An angry half-orc washes up in Vehl
« on: May 04, 2010, 03:24:46 pm »
Reports are heard in Fort Vehl regarding a half-orc who has come in on a small fishing boat, the original crew who set sail on it now missing.

The half-orc heads towards the One-Eyed Harpy.  He is dressed in darker attire with some blood staining in the cloth and answers to the name Jericho.

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, miltonyorkcastle, Alatriel, Zoogmunch, Kenderfriend, geloooo, RollinsCat

osxmallard

Re: An angry half-orc washes up in Vehl
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:24:04 pm »
At the tavern, he demands to know where the "White Rofie" can be found.  He is directed to the temple by some now-battered patrons to find some information on a "dwarven pirate with one eye and two glowing blades".

cbnicholson

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:41:23 pm »
The man can find Daniel easily by simply shadowing the temple for a brief time.  Daniel comes and goes frequently throughout the day and night.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:56:29 pm »
*after many frequent donations of severed monster heads, the local people of Vehl had BETTER remember such a dwarf!*

osxmallard

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 03:35:21 pm »
*the half orc melds into the shadows, waiting for Daniel to leave the temple without company.  Jericho follows Daniel until the coast is clear, cornering him in a nearby alley, and cracks his neck from side to side before speaking.*

cbnicholson

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 02:20:41 pm »
At the sound of the neck cracking, Daniel turns and reaches for his holy symbol, implosion ready in his mind.

My my, I heard a rumor you had been thrown overboard and not seen again.  Pity you survived. I myself thought it a sort of justice.  What do want?

Oscar Wilde

osxmallard

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 08:57:00 pm »
The half-orc looks down at Daniel coldly, unimpressed by his holy symbol.

"Me not here for white rofie man.  If me was, we not talk, yeah?  Me look for pirate dwarf and maybe you knows wheree he is.  I turns him in for piracy for you court to handles.  Me promises.  You tells where can find hims or me old ship jax, me like see captain.  Maybes you knows where can finds other crew maybe me like talk them too."

cbnicholson

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 10:04:39 pm »
With a furrowed brow, Daniel tries to recall last he saw Kurn before speaking.

Commendable of you to give the Law such consideration Mister Jericho now that you are on the right side of it (dryly).  Sadly, last I saw the dwarf you speak of was at the Inn in Vehl many weeks ago.  I have not seen him in some time.  If you wish to file a complaint at the temple you may do so, but I warn you there will be much writing involved and oh, a small administrative fee.

Daniel turns to walk off, keeping an eye on the dangerous man as he does so.

Oscar Wilde

osxmallard

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 04:58:44 pm »
"Me not dones with you yet."

The orc extends his finger, pointing it firmly at Daniel and raises his voice angrily.

"You gonna helps me find dwarf and lets me know whens you do and puts message to me at Vehl Inn."

Jericho speaks to the dockmaster on his way to the inn.  Once he gets to the Harpy, he props himself at a corner table and waits silently, as a cat waits for a mouse to leave it's hole.

osxmallard

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 05:02:42 pm »
* A poster is placed near the docks of Fort Vehl *

REWARD FOR OLD SEA STORIES

If you have ever sailed on the Jacksonvilet, come share a tale or two at the One Eyed Harpy this week!  There will be a prize and lots of gold for the best storyteller each night.

lonnarin

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 07:37:51 pm »
*an angry skull helmed dwarf marches into the arena and hollers*

Story Time with KURN!  Come on!  Whar ye at, Jericho?!  Hope ye got me gold warm n ready!

lonnarin

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 08:23:09 pm »
*grumbles after many hours*

Ye makin meh bored lad!  I be back soon nuff.  How bout ye leave meh ah time ye ready!  Ahm lookin forward ter beatin ye front of ah crowd this time!  Lets set this up and we place some soddin bets onnit.  What, ye think I kill ye fer free?  Lemme know, when ye ready.  Yer mouth be flappin and asking fer ah reckonin', ah aim ter give it ter ye, woman-beater!

*stomps off and sails for lands to train in*

lonnarin

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 05:21:42 pm »
The Pirate's Duel culminates in a bloody and brutal end for Jericho.  After a few choice words about the half-orc's lineage and cowardly beating of women, Kurn goaded he and his thugs towards the arena.  A tumultuous back story was told by a local bard of the events leading up the the duel.  Eventually the two cut throats finally faced each other in the arena with a full audience in tow.

When it seemed that the thugs that Jericho hired would intervene in the bout, a mysterious cloud of darkness sprang up to confound them.  By the time it had cleared, Kurn Blackwater emerged victorious with his opponent strewn about in many pieces and chased the longshoremen all the way to the docks, sailing frantically for their lives.  Cursing up a storm and throwing bits of Jericho after them as they made haste the dwarf told them to warn all their pirate friends to keep far from Vehl's ports if they knew what was good for them!

As an added note, it is recommended that all arena participants wait until the magic of the medical zone restores them before leaving the ring.  Vehl Arena and its staff are not responsible for lost legs, arms, heads, lives or Jerichos for those who attempt fleeing the ring.