The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: An Open Letter Regarding the Loss of Several Head of Cattle in Krandor Outskirts  (Read 177 times)

SiliconMagician

*NAILED TO THE DOOR OF THE INN IN KRANDOR*

To Whom It May Concern,

It was probably quite distressful for you to discover that the several head of cattle that were rescued by a party of adventurers, including myself, on the night of the Tsunami from the Krandor Paddock and placed in the meadow to the side of the road for safe keeping from the floods were missing.

Therefore I felt it proper to post this, my sworn affidavit, of the events I personally witnessed that day in regards to your livestock so that you may approach the proper Krandor authorities for reimbursement of your cattle.

On the day in question, I and another adventurer friend of mine were returning to Krandor after a very long and expensive trip to Dregar to purchase a pack oxen.

As we were coming down the Krandor road, I stopped at the bridge right next to your herd of cattle and turned to my friend, who was leading his brand new, and heavily laden oxen behind him.

I said "You must be careful here, do not step off the road."

My friend replied "Why?"

At that very moment, as the words were leaving my lips, his pack oxen, for inexplicable reasons known only to it. Stumbled off the road and into the bushes along the side, where unfortunately for it, a rather nasty assassin vine sprout has been known to lurk.

The vine indeed was lurking in the brush off the side of the road waiting for just such an opportunity and instantly pounced on the poor beast.

I pointed over my friends shoulder and said "That is why, your ox."

He looked over and saw that by this time his oxen was completely wrapped up in vines and bellowing and fighting for all it was worth, slowly having the life squeezed from it's body.

He cursed wildly, drew his sword, and despite my many warnings that such a creature was far more deadly than it looked and that his oxen was for all intents and purposes, dead already and to leave it. But he plunged into the bushes wildly and made an attempt to hack the beast free from the deadly vines.

The vines instantly dropped the oxen's now dead body and lunged for my friend, wrapping him up in a matter of seconds and killing him even faster than it had killed the ox.

I then watched, terror stricken, from the bridge as the vine, apparently not happy enough with killing a large ox and a brave if foolish adventurer. Shot across the road in front of me and began entangling your cattle and murdering them one by one. It was only a matter of a few seconds, and before the minute was up an ox, a man, and several cattle were down and being dragged back into the bushes by the vines to be consumed.

The vine, then apparently still unsatisfied with its body count, began creeping toward ME at a rapid pace.

I was in no physical shape to take on such a creature after my long journey and having watched its murderous ways, I turned tail and rain for Krandor, vines snapping at my heels in an attempt to grab me up.

I screamed at the top of my lungs as I approached the krandor gate and as I ran into town with the vine, still hungry apparently, coming after me and it then decided that one of the druids in town was a better target.

The druid kept his cool, destroyed the vine within a few seconds.

You have my sympathies over the loss of your livestock, and my apologies for my friend's clumsy ox.

If I were you, I'd petition the proper authorities for neglect on leaving such a dangerous creature just outside the walls of town for such a long period, and I beleive they should reimburse you for the loss of your cattle. There is however, no reimbursement for my poor friend, and his ox.

Sworn by me this day to be truthful in all accounts,

Ragnar Ogresbane, Adventurer, Self proclaimed "Wanderer of Mistone"

(OOC Comment: yes..this really did happen IG and it was one of the most hillarious things I ever witnessed or experienced in ANY game ever. This sort of thing could only have happened here on Layonara. Kudos to all the GM's and coders who designed this world so well that the very monsters can sometimes surprise you with very intelligent cunning.)

I

The following users thanked this post: SteveJW, Chazzler, Serissa, Jilseponie Wyndon, davidhoff