The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bugbear Chieftain Deposed by Strange Crew  (Read 170 times)

lonnarin

Bugbear Chieftain Deposed by Strange Crew
« on: November 18, 2007, 04:07:38 am »
Guardsmen and townsfolk are scratching their heads in Mariner's Hold over recent developments in which the dreaded warlord of the bugbear island was apparantly killed by a team of drunken goblins and their massively huge giantkin champion.  Upon returning his head for the sizeable sum of 600 true each, they did a happy dance and stormed the local tavern to throw a 20 keg party to brag and boast of their accomplishments.  

When reached for comment, the large one was mostly incoherent, speaking between huge chugs of ale from a cask held high above his head, laughing hysterically and describing the many ways he smashed the bugbear skulls, making beautiful abstract art on the walls of the dungeon.  One of the wee ones appeared to have some talent in showmanship, as he spun the tales and played the harpsichord fluently for the crowd, rousing them to sing along.  "We show bugbears they not gonna push us around no more!" said another, "Taller than them now we cut off legs, haha!"  

Crowd reactions were mixed, varying between awe, revelry, caution and hysterical laughter as the 4 proceeded to dish out enough ale to quench an army.  "I always knew this place was goin crazy when I saw that orc fellah in the crafthall, but now goblin hoardes?  Think its time to invest in that farmland near Thalos, this can't be good for property taxes!" said one bystander, a dwarven craftsman.  "Thems just havin ah good time, real good folk." said another, a tavern local huntsman.  "It ain't every day somebody even buy ye ah beer, and these uns treat the whole town, with a dead warlord to boot!  Ah reckon they better folk than most of us"  

In light of their contribution to the bounty commision, the local guards chose not to interfere with the revelry, ignoring more than a few noise ordinances for the night.  "I have to admit, I was alarmed when I first saw them, but a head is a head... and these four seemed to accomplish by themselves what regiments of over a dozen bounty hunters often die attempting.  We look forward to any further help they may offer in the region." stated a local clerk. "It's very rare that people accept those higher risk missions... and these boys deliver."

Farros Galdor Reporting

The following users thanked this post: Polak76, Dorax Windsmith, jrizz

anything