The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Horror in Hempstead Docks!!  (Read 403 times)

Pankoki

Horror in Hempstead Docks!!
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:16:18 am »
[INDENT]Word spread quickly through settlements near Port Hempstead and beyond.

A dark ominous cloud moved into the city Wharf. A cloud not a part of the weather of the world, with intent it lowered from high in the skies into the docks.

As it landed, panic and horror ensued. Many died when the cloud slid into their mouths and ate them from within. The local authorities have closed the docks until further notice while investigation ensues. No ships are allowed in and out of city (Please roleplay accordingly, signs have been posted in the wharf district).

Some commendation goes to Darthirae and Acacea, who having been around at the time were extremely helpful and saved many lives while dealing with the chaos.

----

Seemingly related, [SIZE=13]a children's rhyme begins circulating among the younger residents near the wharf, and then rapidly to those of other port cities such as Leringard, and with a short seeming time, even to Lor. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13]"When fog like night steals the light,[/SIZE][/I]
[SIZE=13]Blow it away, blow it away![/SIZE][/I]

[SIZE=13]When tendrils creep and beckon sleep,[/SIZE][/I]
[SIZE=13]Step away, step away![/SIZE][/I]

[SIZE=13]When rain comes down, wear not a frown...[/SIZE][/I]
[SIZE=13]Wash it away, wash it away![/SIZE][/I]

[SIZE=13]If sleepers left sleeping, no cause for weeping,[/SIZE][/I]
[SIZE=13]Time to play, time to play[/SIZE][/I]"
[/INDENT]

The following users thanked this post: SteveMaurer, Teo

Lord Dark

Re: Horror in Hempstead Docks!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 12:47:30 am »
*Tod's eyes widen, looking like little wafers, at hearing the news and he rubs his forehead worriedly. He seems glad to know that Acacea and Darthirae made it out alive. He is constantly on the lookout while he goes about his business in Hempstead.*

Pankoki

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 06:56:36 pm »
The Hempstead docks are announced to be opened once more (Word is the Merchants were pressuring hard for it). Some extra guards remain but tensions run high and traffic is low. Many rumors spread of monsters high at sea and people seem unwilling to travel by ship.

Authorities are still unsure what brought on the attack, where it originated and who might have been the perpetrator.

Shiokara

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 01:03:46 am »
On hearing about the strange deaths Zahid rents a room for several nights at The Scamp's Mug. He keeps mostly to himself, but often sits at the bar, listening for anyone who may be talking about the incident or about any other strange events on the ocean.

He listens particularly for anyone at the scene or who helped clean up afterward who may have seen the bodies of the deceased.

SteveMaurer

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 08:39:39 pm »
With a large crack and flash sudden teleportation magic, an elfin wizardress with glistening silver hair materializes out of nowhere back on the dock.   Still surrounded by the dissipating glow of Al Noth, DarthirĂ¢e pulls up her umbrella, shakes the rain of a different continent off of it, and folds it neatly away.

She then walks, in her typical confidant noble's strut, past some bodies, up to the captain in charge of the scene.

"Here," she tells him, handing over a small sheaf of several papers.   "These are Scrolls of Wind Invocation, which even the least talented beginner in the art should be able to manage.   If any new cloud appears and the members of the Academy are out, use them."

"They are not gifts, however.  If you actually find need to use them, I shall expect compensation from the Hempstead Council.   Gods know I've given them enough coin over the years; they can start giving some of it back."

She then turns towards the Tower Academy, and returns with an easel, a sextant, and a map.  She sets herself up on the pier, and starts attempting to line up the exact direction from where the cloud came with her sea chart.   Her assumption is that, as with nearly all spells, the attack came in a straight line.    But she offers nary an explanation to any who look at her, and indeed seems to be in a generally foul mood, caused not at all by the decay around her.

Pankoki

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 05:36:20 pm »
The guard in charge looks at her a little confused, but he takes the scrolls and simply informs her that it is not his call to promise any payment at any level, that such things need to be brought to the proper Trade Council representatives, or other city management officials. He however gives her the small grace to simply store them in an accessible place and that if it ever comes down to using them, he'll try and put a good word in for her.

He is far too busy with the watch however, and quickly goes back to what he was previously doing.

SteveMaurer

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 09:54:52 pm »
The elfin girl hardly hears him, clearly self-involved with some thought that brings an angry expression to her pretty face.   "I cannot believe," she mutters loudly enough for the guards to hear, "that my design was not considered the best."   She steps coldly over the bodies on the docks without even noticing them.  "But...   to lose to a cheater?     Aggh."

Petulantly, she kick one of the corpses in the leg, and stomps off back in the direction of the academy.