The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: In the Whitehorn Forest .. // SehKy CDQ discussion thread.  (Read 460 times)

Lance Stargazer

In the Whitehorn Forest .. // SehKy CDQ discussion thread.
« on: July 07, 2010, 08:38:48 pm »
*The memory came back fresh as the arrow was loose of the grip of the bow, it strilke true on the device made your senses go blurry, that has left a mark on your mind as you all go back toward sthe Red-Salt Ledge

The spirits are down cause somehow the victory tastes hollow, as the lodge inhabitants still plan to leave for good and the death of the sweet Ahlena weights heavy on your hearts.

SehKy and his friends starts the long way back tired and bleeding, with the scarce hopes they have crushed

// Well guys feel free to emote here of the aftermath.

The following users thanked this post: MadHattan

gilshem ironstone

Re: In the Whitehorn Forest .. // SehKy CDQ discussion thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:48:33 pm »
*Gel'larian walks in silence a long while, a thought weighted on his mind. The quiet, broken by the thrush of leaves and the warble of birds. The pressure inside him reaches a pitch, and his words hiss out like steam from a kettle.*

I am not sure why, but so often our good hearts are rewarded with sad endings. I wish it were not so, but I like to think Ilsare is merely shielding our hearts against some great and sudden battle to come.

*As his words settle in he blushes in embrassment, perhaps revealing more than he wanted, maybe not saying all that he could. He pulls his black hood up and continues on in silence.*

Warchild214

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:13:57 pm »
*Shadowleaf trails the group applying a fresh bandage to the deep cut on his forearm.  As he continues walking behind the group he overhears Gel'larian say something but cannot quite make it all out.

He keeps moving with the group checking behind them every so often, feeling that something just isnt right.  His senses go back on alert as he keeps scanning the land behind them to make sure nothing is following them, then turns to address the group in low voice "Keep your eyes open friends..let us not get caught with our guards down"

MadHattan

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 01:15:51 am »
*SehKy walks alongside the injured Tyneri; caringly gives her comfort as he can and responds to Gel'larian* Our sorrow is great for we loved Ahlena but she would not wish our hearts become hard with grief. *half hugs Tyneri, careful not to hurt her; obviously SehKy is taking Ahlena's death hard*

*Observing that Tyneri is alright, SehKy moves forward in the group to walk alongside Jilseponie and after many steps in silence alongside Jilseponie he whispers* Jil, it was you who imbued Marquis arrow, you and Tyneri. You imbued it and I let it fly. *as question statement*

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 10:37:15 am »
After Sehky returns from seeing to his fallen friend and then comes to Jil's side, she replies to his question and then responds with another.  She continues to ask questions of him, steering his thoughts towards what happened and what didn't happen, letting him come to his own conclusions to help him see what he could do to improve his latent ability.

"Yes, it was already imbued by someone other than yourself.  So that in itself should tell you that it is more than just drawing the bow and aiming the arrow at a target.  It is so much more deeper than that."

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 09:01:12 am »
*As the group come near the Lodge, the feeling of hollowness creeps into yoiur heart , as the survivors keeps working on cleaning the area and making more Barricades, A very tired Fillion, eeceves the party with a ghost of a smile

SehKy and his friends have returned,

- What happened? What did you find?

*As She sees Tyneri, she hurries to help her and call a couple of workers to help the wounded elf, she's carried over and with a final smile to SehKy she is taken into the lodge with the rest of the wounded *

*She returun her atention towards you and looks with an expectant look *

MadHattan

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 10:25:41 pm »
Fillilion, *SehKy hugs tightly but careful not to hurt her* The primary threat is no more, the hoard is broken.  After basic defenses are seen to, there is time for a respite for all of us.  Everyone needs to rest and mend, both workers and warriors. I think Tyneri is going to be alright.  How about yourself?  You look tired.  Where is Letia, is she alright?  *SehKy releases the long hug and trades news and stories with Fillilion*

MadHattan

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 10:30:13 pm »
*Leaving Fillilion SehKy seeks out Jilseponie and finds her under a tree sitting quietly. Jilseponie takes out an arrow and holds it out to SehKy* Just hold one end ... I'll hold the other ... *SehKy Reaches out to hold his end of the offered arrow*

*Jilseponie instructs* Concentrate on what you feel ... *She concentrates herself and fills the arrow with energy*

*After a few moments SehKy states* I feel the Al'Noth imbued in the arrow
 *Jilseponie smiles* Did I have it on a bow? *SehKy responds* No *searching her face*

*The arrow vibrates slightly, a tingle covers SehKy fingers. With a slight push, SehKy feels a sudden push against his fingers almost causing him to drop it. Jil relaxes and the feeling quickly fades.*

*After a few moments Jil puts the arrow away and instructs* See? Its not just in setting it on the rest, drawing the string, or aiming a target. Its a culmination of what I just showed you, plus all that. Do you understand now?

*SehKy responds* The question you are asking is, can I do this?*indicates her once imbued arrow*

*Jil smiles* If you have the strength of will to do so, yes. Remember, I was in your position once.

*SehKy considers the words of Jilpeponie. SehKy prays to Ilsare then he withdraws an arrow and firmly holds it horizontally, center shaft, with two fingers. Focusing on the arrow SehKy uses his will to fill the arrow with energy.*

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 11:24:45 pm »
// For the clarification.  . and i tought i already stated to you this.  The arrow was lost on the shoot.  It did not returned to SehKy, for some odd circunstances he did not picked the right arrow on the first shoot. .

So the special arrow was lost on the destruction of the magical device .

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 11:02:09 am »
//PM Sent regarding Jil's instruction

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 11:43:20 am »
*The residual energy of the arrow make it resonates on SehKy  body, for a moment he's distracted of his prayers, but regain his concetration feeling the imbuing into his fingers, his eyes, his ears, all of him, yet, the event last few moments and as he keeps his concentration , the magic fades *

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 08:56:01 pm »
*As they stroll along, Jil speaks with Sehky alone*  Tell me something.  Why do you wish to become an Arcane Archer. What exactly to you is the meaning of such a status?

*After he answer she asks another question*  Now, then, tell me what you did wrong back there? You know it was I that assisted you.  What was it you should have done?

Warchild214

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 09:00:19 pm »
*Leaf hears clearly what Jil asks Sehky and listens for Sehky's answer as her strolls behind them*

MadHattan

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 02:41:05 pm »
Jil, I have two answers to your question as there are two sides to a page.
 My first answer is that, I joined the militia to defend our valley in the Whitehorn from hobgoblins. I joined to Red Salts to be with others who follow the Lady Archer. As a Red Salt I honed both my skills as a warrior and my relationship with Ilsare. I became more. I became refined. We defended those who need defending. We brought the righteous sting of Ilsare's love to the hobgoblins; who without thought, brought immeasurable pain and terror to my people who were captured, killed and tortured for hobgoblin amusements and hatred.  Under Ahlena's tutelage and then Elohanna's I learned about the Al'Noth how to use it.  The spells of Ahlena and Elohanna have their uses to be certain, but the knowlege and skill that you possess, the Al'Noth of the arcane archer, will allow me to add much needed salt to the sting of my arrows; be another highly effective tool that I will use to defend those I love.

My second side to the page is that each bow I carve; each arrow I fletch; each shot I make is a prayer to Ilsare. I seek to take the artistry of my archery to another level by adding the Al'Noth to my archery. I seek to use the Al'Noth to make the twang of my bow; and the flight of my arrow sing a song that is truly beautiful and pleasing to Ilsare. The arcane will allow me to sing a song that is louder; a song loud enough to touch the hearts of all who hear it. Through that song I will reveal Ilsare's love; beauty and inspiration.

MadHattan

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 02:45:50 pm »
*After he answer she asks another question* Now, then, tell me what you did wrong back there? You know it was I that assisted you. What was it you should have done?

*to Jil* As you have instructed, I must force the Al'Noth to fill the fibers of the arrow like oils fills a flask. I felt you take the spell energies and force them into the arrow. I know what I must do *looks very determined*.

*stops and holds up an arrow for Jill easily balancing it on his finger by the point. Sehky closes his eyes and prays to Ilsare then forms the spell in his mind and rather than releasing the Al'Noth through his hands he struggles to holds the Al'Noth back to contain the enormous energies within himself.*

*SehKy's skin turns red as he struggles to contain the spell energies and his hands shake as he concentrates.*

*SehKy's arm, hand and fingers tingle with the unreleased spell energies as SehKy begins to fear losing control.*

A voice, a remembered voice, Jil's voice, speaks to SehKy softly with quiet confidence, "Aiming is just second nature, natural, have faith and it will flow smoothly" with that SehKy thinks of Ilsare and quells the raging storm of spell energies and with gental force gathers the energies to his heart then pushes them to his arm, hand, fingers and finally into the arrow.*

*SehKy opens his eyes and looks to Jil*

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 11:48:38 pm »
*Gel'larian stands nearby eavesdropping.  He shakes his head at the exchange and mutters.* You do it your way, I'll do it mine.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 10:23:55 am »
//sorry folks, but Jil stated that she walked with Sehky alone.  Not close enough to anyone to do any eavesdropping.  The training she does is always done in private as was the way she was trained.  She was taught that this process is not public and frowned upon if done that way.  But being in the CDQ with others makes it difficult to do and would not want to exclude those also helping.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 04:58:02 pm »
*SehKy nocks the arrow with determination, and just for a moment he feel the world to stop by, this has to be the shoot of his life, the all and the nothing can be felt at this moment each part of the world separated and at the same time as one, the adrenaline fills his blood as he finally for once feels the caress of the Al'noth crossing thru his arms, bow, hands ears eyes, heart.. .. .

... yet the moment pass fast, and the magic disipattes, Still he was there for a moment he was there, and once there he only has to find the way back , Its always easier to reach somewhere once one knows what is what one is looking for *

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 05:01:17 pm »
// SehKy spends 2 more months in the Lodge training and finding the knowledge and patience to find their inner self in the woods, No matter what his masters had tried, starting this moment his road to learning is alone.

SehKy Succesfully passed the CDQ and its entitled to take Arcane Archer levels, He must take five consecutive levels on the class tough.

I am leaving this thread open for two days more starting the hour of this Message, If some of the loose ends wants to be persued.

MadHattan

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 04:34:10 pm »
**SehKy does what he can to convice the Red Salts to stay together to defend the elves of the Whitehorn*