The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Letter to Port Hempstead authorities  (Read 286 times)

Verideth

Letter to Port Hempstead authorities
« on: February 22, 2010, 10:24:29 am »
Hello Lord and Lady of Port Hempstead,

I be a humble gnome that has heard grievances about your benches around the town fountain. With the state of affairs and the city being a wreck, I wanted to offer my carpentry and tinkering skills to replace them. I state my request simply and now offer a gnomish explanation as to why.

We gnomes tend to notice small features and if you would also, I know it would attract more of my fine race. And if there were more gnomes, more work would get done. For us gnomes understand work gives purpose to life and therefore we work hard. As to be given the gift of life but not appreciate it by not working hard is a lack of maturity. And we gnomes are not small in spirit and desire to be more mature and work hard. I promise to align the benches perfectly square to the ratio presented by the buildings. I do not want to causes confusion to passersby if they notice any non symmetry. Also the grand sculpture you have is always best appreciated by those who can sit in comfort and take solace in knowing the grand leaders of such a promenade town have seen fit to take the time to make such a similar small feature has not been lost in notice to ones such as yourselves.

With this small statement of declaration and intent, I seek your permission to do what I said. I ask not for payment in true or fame but seek to add my small part and hope to make the illumination of my race known through hard work.

Dweeble Smallnose

The following users thanked this post: Leshariel

Leshariel

Re: Letter to Port Hempstead authorities
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 10:48:24 am »
*Daniella approaches Dweeble as she reads the letter*

Hey, Dweebs,

You should tell them that we could make benches more appropriate in size for people like us and halflings, so that we don't have much back aches after having to climb on them or dangling our legs over the bench.

We could even make a few brownie size!! *smiles wide* Perhaps the tall folks can use them to rest their feet... that is... when there's nobody sitting on them...

anything