The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Rumors from Audira  (Read 317 times)

Aerimor

Rumors from Audira
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:04:54 am »
Rumors coming into Audira in the last couple days are that the Desert Giants are once again attacking caravans and adventurers.  

Reports are that no warning is given, no offer of a tax to pay.  

Others report more sightings of giant activities, lots more sightings.  

It appears the giants are very recently on the war path.  

Many are heard saying that the caravan tax may not of been such a bad thing after all.

The market for caravan guards is through the roof, prices have temporarily tripled.

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, jrizz, Alatriel, davidhoff, willhoff, [b]MerlinAlpha[/b]

Alatriel

Re: Rumors from Audira
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:16:57 am »
*Alatriel's voice can be heard briefly coming from town in Audira, but when someone would look to see where it came from, she would be nowhere to be found.*

Ha!  Misunderstood?  HA!  My skinny elf rear!  I told them they should've just killed them all.  Stupid giants... stupid adventurers...

jrizz

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:40:26 pm »
*Wren starts to hear the rumors coming even as they are preparing to execute their plan*

Well I feared this would happen. We have to assume that Hargrot is no longer in control of his tribe and is either dead, under guard, or being controlled is some other way. Our plan no longer stands as a viable one. We need to know what has become of Hargrot in order to decide on a course of action. Tod, Jil do you think you can get in close enough to try to glean some information? Do we have any way to use magics to see into the camp or locate Hargrot?

If he is dead then we must prepare for a hard battle. We must kill as many of their shaman and warriors as we can to weaken them and we must cut off the head, Rotgult, to break them back into small bands.

If Hargrot lives then we must find a way to bring him back into power.

Thoughts?

Lord Dark

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 05:16:19 pm »
*Tod pushes the hair out of his eyes*

Wren, they have a buncha shamans with trueseein', I can't use my shadows in order to get close, now if we go old school, we should be able to get in. We can use the dunes, use some orange or sand colored clothin' to disguise ourselves... we can only try, but we'll be hard-pressed because their eyes are sharper than normal.

jrizz

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 05:47:23 pm »
*Wren listens to Tod*

Okay old school it is, and I am in then. You may not know this but I was trained by Ferrit in the ways of stealth.

*waits for the laughs*

Really I am in with you and Jil.

//Wren can get his hide up to 67 and his move silent up to 56 I believe.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 07:35:29 pm »
*Jil nods in agreement with Tod*

//Jil can get her Hide/MS to about the same

Script Wrecked

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 08:08:58 pm »
"Mmm... Whatever has happened to the Harrgot, zome of the warrior giants may by aggrrieved by it, orr being forrced to be zubzervient to magickerr. If they exist, and if we can find them, then, maybe, they arre pleased to help overrthrow the Rotglut. If zis iz case, perrhaps new alliance can be forrged.

"Of course, ztill remains prroblem of how warrior caste zuztains itzelf, given they arre zo adverrze to the labourring. Perrhaps if they had battle to fight, they would be morre amenable. She can think of at least two conflicts wherre they could be pointed."

jrizz

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 11:56:56 pm »
"Good points indeed. What we need here is information. We have a few of us that can use stealth but there are a lot of them out there. Perhaps a diversion of some kind will allows us to get in and find if Hargrot is alive. But that would negate trying to find a new ally leader."

*he thinks*

"What we need is a way to draw them out of their camp, as many of them as we can in as many directions as we can without them know it is us, thoughts?"

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 01:19:15 am »
After his drink with Wren he lobs the empty bottle over his shoulder.

"We use different armors, colors, weapons. And we make hit and run attacks on the camp with different angle of attacks. Get the to chase one, then an other attack to get other to chase the other attackers."

jrizz

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 02:33:42 pm »
*Wren Looks around*

"That is a sound suggestion. Do we have enough people to do that? Other thoughts?"

Filatus

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 03:19:26 pm »
*Hardragh shrugs slightly*

"Perhaps we should speak with the merchantguilds in Audira. They're the ones facing a big problem, so perhaps they are willing to gather up funds to see this problem dissapear. First we assassinate Rotglut and after that we offer Hargot whatever the merchants are willing to offer for safe passage. That should give him some power back in his tribe, because we could make sure all the wealth will flow in through his hands."

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 04:15:13 pm »
After taking a bite of a roast he had made he licks his fingers and in between licks.

"There are always mercs who are looking for a job. If we ain't enough we can always hired some."

jrizz

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 07:44:08 pm »
"Good plan Hardragh, I was thinking true safe passage tax not to keep the giants for robbing them but the keep the rest of the desert denizens from raiding the caravans. You hit it right on the head."

willhoff

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 09:56:13 pm »
*Vrebel plops down and begins pouring the sand out of his boots*  I'm no mage but dont greater sanctuary hide ya even if they have sight?  Maybe some folks could get in close usin' that to see what the situation is.

I'm gettin' tired of paying these giants trues.  Hargot is most likely dead or if he's not dead he's bout worthless as a leader.  Heck he even told us he dont like bein' a leader anyways *shrugs*

I say we recon their camp and then go in with overwhelmin' force.  If Hargot is alive we'll let him live so he can be a leader of whatever's left when were done with em'.  Then he'll be indepted to us.