The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Strange encounters....  (Read 154 times)

Warchild214

Strange encounters....
« on: December 20, 2009, 08:58:28 am »
*Shadowleaf plops down his back and bow on a table at the Stormcrest Shack and pulls up a bench and orders an ale.  He begins to tell other patrons of his recent adventures on Dragon Isles in the Caesin Hills....

*His ale arrives and he takes a healthy swig and begins to speak*

"I must say that I saw something unusual in the Caesin Hills.  You see, I was adventuring there recently with some other adventurers...*seems to think for a second*  I belive thier names were Bella Rogue, Chaynce Baldu'muur, Richard Watchman and Zakarem...all very worthy friends to accompany you across the lands.  As we made our way into the hills the grass was very long and wispy as it swayed from the gusty air currents..or what we thought were the currents but turned out to be snakes hunting that area.  After the group dispatched the first one, we examined the serpant.  We came to realize that is was "sea snake"?  We all thought whats a sea snake doing in the woods and hilly land?  Our caution grew high as this was not a normal sign.  Chaynce and Zak lead the front for group protection, with Bella, Richard and I providing support.  Bella befriended this mouse that seemed to take to her.  Our pace slowed after the first encounter as we came to a rise in hill and proceeded upward through some thick grass.  We were attacked by what seemed like a nest of sea snakes and we tried to replell the serpants..  They were coming from everywhere and we were holding our own...but one got thru our defenses and coiled a deep strike right into Bella's leg...  She immediatley fell to the ground...I saw it with me own eyes...I ran to her aid and applied a potion...but it was already to late..the poison had put her on the brink of death and she passed out from the shear pain.  Richard pulled from his pack some bandages, potions and oinments and got to work while Chaynce prayed at her side...which seemed to stabalize her..but she was still not out of harms way and she was very weak.  We all decided to wait a bit and let Bella regain some strength before we move on again.  I left the group and got to the top of a small ridge and scouted the area for any movement ahead and my eye caught sight of some mushroom creatures not 60 yards from where the group lay..so I quitely made my way back to the group and infomed them..After Bella managed to get to her feet after some more healing aid and prayers..  Chaynce and Zak formed the line on the ridge and eliminated the mushroom creatures...since Bella was still not feeling well we made our way out of the area the best we could..  We still dont quite know why the sea snakes have come so far inland other then maybe hunting mice..but they prefer fish I thought?........  

*looks around table for any possible reasons from patrons*

twidget658

Re: Strange encounters....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:04:57 pm »
*The ship captain warns poeple as they arrive on the Isles*

Ya'll best be on watch for snakes...they be runnin' heavy. I bet ya it's due to dem varmets, rodents and birds that be swarmin'.

*Shakes his head slightly as he rubs his chin*

I done been hearin' about folks gettin' eatin' and kilt.

*Lowers the gang plank for the people disembarking. As they step off unto the ground, he hisses real loud to watch them jump. He just laughs and goes to his cabin.*

anything