The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Dragon Isles  (Read 1458 times)

Dezza

Re: The Dragon Isles
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 04:15:45 pm »
*Leisa nods and slips into the foliage disappearing from sight*

Dremora

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2011, 08:12:51 pm »
Nym moves off towards the foliage making it look like he's gone to check out something of interest and motions those not going into hiding to stay put, in order to give himself plausible excuse to vanish; which he does so quite literally before moving to a better vantage point at the humanoid figure's flank.

ystrday

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2012, 10:34:53 am »
*Fluer softly places herself invisible, and with true sight up she watches Leisa and Nym move into position. She stays not far from Night, and ready with a hold spell and a bigby spell (bigby spell that knocks you down), which she will use first if the figure tries to run away or puts up a fight for Leisa and Nym*

Dezza

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2012, 05:40:04 pm »
In position Leisa gives a barely perceptable nod to Fluer to to use the hold spell and prepares to drag the man to the camp when he is held.

Dremora

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 03:25:00 pm »
Once the figure is within reasonable distance, a rush of footsteps at an unnatural speed can be heard racing towards it; Nym's invisibility wearing off when he rammed into the figure to try and bring it to the ground.

geloooo

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2012, 07:16:37 am »
[INDENT][INDENT]The figure is immediately knocked out cold. He seems to be a human male bearing brown woodsman garbs. He stays unconscious for several hours. How do you proceed?[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Dremora

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 07:41:42 am »
Nym snatches up the man's wrists and drags the figure into the light of the campfire for the group to examine.

"This one is a frail thing.."

geloooo

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 04:52:32 am »
[INDENT][INDENT]Your "captive" remains unconscious. Do what you will until he wakes up and you shall be provided with the appropriate response. He's bound to stay unconscious for a couple of hours, more or less.[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Dremora

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 05:51:58 am »
Nym checks the man over for anything suggesting that he is more than a simple woodsman, leaving the others to watch or conduct their own investigations as they see fit.

Dezza

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2012, 04:31:12 am »
Leisa maintains a watch at the edge of the camp as they prepare to interrogate the prisoner.

geloooo

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 10:54:31 am »
[INDENT][INDENT]The man wakes up and puts his palms over his eyes as he grunts for all to hear. Moments pass and he composes himself. He looks at all of you with a disgruntled look.
"What were you planning on doing? Rob me? Don't have any trues. Steal my stuff? Nothing but the clothes on my back. What do you want?!"
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Dremora

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 04:51:15 pm »
"Skulk about in the dark like an amatuer and count yourself lucky you still have a head, churl."

Nym takes out the poster but it is rolled up, clearly assuming if the man was Velen he'd recognise the gesture, especially given they all have one.

"Where is the one called Velen? He has a task for us and my patience has now run its course."

geloooo

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:28 am »
[INDENT][INDENT]The man fashions a toothy grin.
"Not much traffic in the isles so you don't expect folks to just show up and knock you out cold."
He shakes himself off and slowly stands.
"What's he worth to you?"[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Dremora

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 10:26:26 am »
The second the man asks that, a shortsword drops from somewhere on the underside of the elven warrior's arm, into his hand. With the typical speed possessed by his race and their cousins, the blade point is pressed to the woodsman's throat in a eyeblink and the man's shoulder is grasped by Nym's free hand; poster falling to the grass.

"About ten seconds before I start 'examining' ~your~ worth.."

The cold, calm and obviously threatening tone along with the baleful stare from silhouetted eyes suggests he is serious, and considers himself and his companions the ones with the upper hand in this negotiation.

ystrday

The Dragon Isles
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 04:04:09 pm »
*Fleur takes a look around them casually making sure it is just the small group of them around.*

I would answer him *said casually* he does not normally like repeating himself.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2012, 10:48:12 am »
Meanwhile Night stands behind the man, close to enough for his presence to be felt and inspects him for any magical impression.

geloooo

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2012, 11:43:11 am »
[INDENT][INDENT]The man does not seem to emanate any traces of the Al'Noth. What with your threats and displays of power, the man eventually yields after a while.
"Alright, alright. Do all folks nowadays kill first and then ask questions later? I would have expected more civilized folk in these lands."

Oddly enough, you're all surrounded by a vast copse of trees where you constantly hear the music of a very populated forest.
"Since this one's patience has "run its course". I'll eagerly inform you of what you must do and spare you the pleasantries."
He stands upright and walks up to the spot where you all mauled him.
"I've been tracking a caravan that was supposed to reach the docks a week ago. It never showed up so I figured it would be best to track the  thing myself. But since you're all so eager to get your blades wet, I'll let you folks locate the caravan."
He points further north where wheel tracks can be seen overlapping another set of tracks.
Best bet is they dragged the caravan the opposite direction. Find it and bring back what's in it to me. We'll talk trues if you succeed.
He pauses and gauges your responses.
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Dremora

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2012, 11:56:46 am »
Letting the man go but prowling on after him so he cannot get too far, his expression is concealed by the lack of light and the deep hood. Putting his shortsword away before folding his arms over his chest and studying the man before him until he has finished speaking. Nym then glances left and right to the others in the group, biting his tongue long enough for them to maybe say what he is about to instead.

ystrday

The Dragon Isles
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2012, 03:10:05 pm »
*Looks at each of them, then back to the man*

Wait a moment.. what -we- must do? What does that have to do with Valen?

Dremora

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2012, 03:27:36 pm »
This ~is~ Velen.

anything