The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Trial of Aerimor Lightbringer  (Read 202 times)

Anamnesis

Trial of Aerimor Lightbringer
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:11:07 am »
A letter addressed to the church of rofirein reaches the hands of the Juticar by a small messanger boy.

Dear Juticar of Rofirein and trusted friend. You had helped me previously in proving that I was not a vampire, as falsely accused.

You had seen your way through to the truth then and I believe you will now see your way to the truth of the events involving my murder and that of my friend Jaelle Thornwood. I trust you to be just in your judgement of Aerimor Lightbringer.

I am asking that I be allowed to be present so that my friend, Aerimor Lightbringer, is not alone. He should not have to face this alone and I hope that his willingness to come before you, and put his life now on the line to attone for his actions, will speak highly of his character.

And that more importantly my own willingness to count him among my friends, would as well speak of how highly I hold him.

With Deepest Respect,
Elohanna Dawnstar
Daughter of the Light
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Yllyrryon

Re: Trial of Aerimor Lightbringer
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 04:45:18 pm »
Having spent the last several days at home with the children and Ely, Krys pauses a moment to ponder the prospects of an upcoming trial of Aerimor, or even if one will ever occur. Watching Ely and their beloved little angels he contemplates the deep interconnectedness of all things, especially that of family. Aerimor`s murder of Ely and Jaelle may have well been an attempt to murder himself or these children. Krys thinks this as he nods to himself slowly. Hence both Krys and their children were equally victims of Aerimor`s heedless act.

And if Ely had been one of the vast majority of living beings not bound to the bindstones? Lost forever. Krys tightened his jaw as a chill passed over him while he watched how lovingly and adoringly the kids played with their mother. And what if the soul mother had been nearby during Ely`s death? The same result - a loving and beloved wife and mother forever lost to those who need and cherish her the most.

Ely`s selflessness had cost them all dearly; Krys even blamed that for the deaths of their unborn twin daughters at the hands of the vampires who had relentlessly tortured Elohanna after capturing her, causing her to miscarry the unborn twins. Had she put the twins and herself first, she would have heeded Krys` pleas for her to remain in exile until the threat was no more.

Selflessness, although noble, can be carried to unfortunate extremes, just like anything else. And what happens when there is no more self to give?

A large part of him strongly yearned to personally settle this injury Aerimor had inflicted upon him and his family. But recent painful lessons had brought him to understand that one must tread the path of vigilantism only after deep reflection, and then only with great caution and deliberation.

In that moment he gained an insight into the plight of those who suffer injustice without relief or vindication.

After hugging and kissing his wife and children he quietly prepared for a journey and departed swiftly. Many days later the crimson clad warrior was seen entering Rofirein`s temple in Vehl. After waiting about town for a couple more days, he was granted audience with one of the lead judge-priests. The crux of their discussion was that Krys, on behalf of his children and himself, as the husband and children of one of the victims, implored that the murderer Aerimor be prosecuted to the utmost extent of the law for the reckless murder of Krys` wife and his children`s mother, Elohanna Dawnstar. He also disclosed his understanding that the other victim, an elf named Jaelle, had been with child at the time of the murder and Krys had understood that Aerimor`s motive was some form of revenge against Jaelle; that his wife Elohanna had attempted to intercede, first trying to dissuade Aerimor and then when that failed, trying to defend Aerimor`s intended victim, Jaelle; Elohanna died in defending Jaelle. Prior to departing, he thanked the priest for his time and submitted his address for future contact and notice of trial, if and when the latter was deemed appropriate.

At this point in time, Krys had no knowledge of Elohanna`s letter to the authorities; nor did he inform Ely of his interview in Vehl, described above.

Anamnesis

Re: Trial of Aerimor Lightbringer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 07:20:10 am »
Dear Juticar,

I am again sending word in the hopes that it will reach you, if the investigation is still on going, I would be willing to provide what evidence I have in this case to help speed along the trial of a man being held confined. His trial should not have taken this long. Please can you set a time and date and send word when you have or post so that those concerned may see and know.

Respectfully,
 Elohanna Dawnstar
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

anything