The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A summons to Spellguard!  (Read 279 times)

Harlas Ravelkione

A summons to Spellguard!
« on: December 24, 2007, 07:33:33 am »
* Affirmed mages and priests of Lucinda throughout the lands are contacted by magical messengers or familiars and ordered to travel to Spellguard as fast as possible. Messages speak of a threat that must be addressed immediately and you are therefore advised to bring with you your spell books, armours, weapons or what ever means you use to do battle.

----------------

Riders are carrying messages to capitols of the Kingdoms of Mistone. Rumours reach the streets that they have asked the rulers to dispatch soldiers to Spellguard and put these under the command of the Church of Ludinda. It is also rumoured that they are refused, however, since their aid goes to challenge the power of Fisterion and no one in his right mind sponsors such an undertaking.

After having been refused the messengers from Spellguard take to the streets where they bid able men and women to attend the summons from Spellguard - to at least go to hear their tale!

The riders leave after having spent a day in the capitols and gallop along the main roads, passing through towns and hamlets along the way, spreading the words of their masters. *

http://forums.layonara.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=4272&day=2007-12-28&c=3

Filatus

Re: A summons to Spellguard!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 08:09:35 am »
In an old house back in Hlint, an old mage blows the dust from old tomes and starts to prepare. His fingers trace hidden wards on a painting and with a few words spoken the painting dissolves, revealing an alcove with a golden crystal resting on a small cushion.

He watches his creased face reflected in the fiery depts of the crystal, the grey hairs betraying his age. A slight sigh is heard as he retrieves the crystal and adds it to his pack along with a few old tomes, a strange seashell and other items that he may find of use.

A flutter of wings breaks the silence in the house as a large raven perches on a pedestal.

"Ahh, there you are." The old mage smirks slightly. "Took you long enough to draw your attention from cleaning your own feathers as usual. I do hope you'll proof to be quicker in delivering this message."

At that he ties a rolled up scroll to the raven's paw. "Deliver this to the first priest or priestess of the Lady you find at Weavehome. Let them know I will be there. The debate on my retirement has been postponed it seems."

The raven cocks his head at that and quickly turns to flap his wings, flying through a window, bound for Spellgard. The old mage mutters to himself as he watches his familiar fly off. "Perhaps it is not for the old to linger after all."

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 11:34:06 am »
A figure familiar to the streets, temple and institutions of magic of Spellgard emerges from the portal soon after the summons reaches him and makes his way easily through the crowds of regular residents, merchants and sailors, young potentiates and apprentice mages.  He stops at the temple to pay proper respect as he has done hundreds of times in the past.  He chats briefly with the temple staff and highly-placed church officials while there, names and faces he has come to know over several decades, about the nature of the summons. He makes several visits to various places around Spellgard, some more than once and seems to remain there for some time.

minerva

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 07:33:27 pm »
*a tall woman with red hair flecked with the first tints of silver is loading a cart with food hampers when the messengers rush by.  She can be heard saying to the strapping man of some hint of elven beside her*

Even in their hour of need Spellgard would cut off it's nose to spite it's face.  Affirmed only indeed... I guess those of a -lesser- gift are not required.
 I will begin to tally the supplied needed to help the people of Spellgard and it's leaders can go to   * a the rush of a cart going by cuts off the last of her sentence*

Pibemanden

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 06:52:28 am »
*Storold walks around Spellgard trying to prepare those protectors who have seen fewer battles than himself for what might be in store for them. He also encourages them to train harder for battle and stay alert for any threats within the city itself.*

EventHorizon

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 01:50:57 pm »
*Alantha arrives in Spellgard to "hear their tale". Looking for familiar faces she heads up to the temple where she stops to pray and fish for rumors and facts alike in regards to the summoning.
Having spent the better part of the day in the temple, she then heads outside to get some evening tea...*

// Might not be able to make it to this one, but I'll try to.

Skywatcher

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 02:10:27 pm »
*as Clarissa approaches the gates of Spellguard she hesitates for a moment thinking out loud*

Lucindites calling for aid in a time of need?  It would be fair to refuse just to spite them after their refusal to aid others in need but a call for aid is a call for aid and we must help those we can.  I will give ear to their needs before judging the worthiness of the cause.  If it is to oppose the Destroyer it may prove worthy indeed.

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 03:06:07 pm »
Working at the inn Sil overhears a few patrons talk about the summons to Spellgaurd.  

"an opertunity," she says aloud, thinking that perhaps this may be her chance to get inside the school if they are distracted with whatever is going on.  She packs up and readies herself for a journey to her favorite city wondering what this could all be about.  Perhaps she will have better luck there this time then she ever had previously

Jaigan

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 12:45:29 am »
*Overhearing a few people talking about spellguard his interests grow and then makes a note to travel there and see what the fuss is about.*

EdTheKet

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 07:12:10 am »
Brac'ar overhears some people talking about this when he orders his evening meal at the Wild Surge in Hlint.

"What are they? Daft?!? Nobody in his right mind attacks Fisterion."
The innkeep just shrugs.

"Wrap that up for me, and make it two portions, if anyone comes looking for me, I'll be at Moraken's."

*He waits for the food to be wrapped, dons his cloak and hood and leaves Hlint through the northern gate*

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 07:52:18 am »
* The Church of Lucinda warned against any direct action, for who would want to see another 'Hurm'?

Several adventurers, however, did take the portal from Spellguard to North Point and are said to actually have set foot on Molten Isle. Whatever their intentions were, the outcome has yet to be revealed.

The seas surrounding the Molten Isle are calm and no enemy ships have been sighted... no dragon soars. *

anything