The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Descending, the Aftermath: A Discussion.  (Read 839 times)

Link092

Re: Descending, the Aftermath: A Discussion.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 11:45:19 pm »
*looks at Argali* "ya, an' where is here?"

Link092

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 07:29:37 am »
*looking up and around* "I say we head to neutral groun' 'fore we mess with anythin'."

Script Wrecked

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 08:15:18 am »
"Because the Tearr might be nearrby, zo when we arre trravelling away, we arre having to trrravel back again?"

Script Wrecked

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 10:56:02 am »
*Argali looks around at the others, her eyes alighting briefly on Brualot*

"Perrhaps anotherr magickerr can use the wand if zis one" *she indicates Idoran* "iz not feeling up to the task?"

Link092

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 12:59:21 pm »
*Idoran Scoffs, and lifts up the wand again, repeating his last movement*

mixafix

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 02:36:48 pm »
Brualot *taps foot considering then offers* I think there is danger that, knowing looks, spirited gestures, and tuneless whistling in the end, will likely fail us, and more improtantly those we deem to serve. *pauses*

This is the time for plain speaking, clear articulation of thought into word, that is, can anyone, anyone answer any of my questions?

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 04:59:14 pm »
Quote from: Link092
*Idoran Scoffs, and lifts up the wand again, repeating his last movement*

// No one is providing a location, so I'll just spout one out. Beside the entrance to the Deep that's in the forest. (the one we went through)

// To let you discuss (as the group is doing right now), let us assume you start out from a more neutral and less dangerous ground (the forest provides plenty of encounters with ogrillions, pig-beasts and black wizards!).

Since no one but Link092 has proposed a starting location I suggest that you act as if you travelled back to Fort Miritix for a rest and to resupply. Some members of the initial group may have chosen to leave - the rest can continue from there.

Link092

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 07:01:14 pm »
*His brow furrows, as he stares at the wand. He shakes it a bit*

"Bloody thin' mus' o' bro- ehh? oh.. there it goes..."

*Idoran looks in the wand, spinning around, pointing it every which way. He stops periodically, shifting around with the wand, until his movement halts in a certain direction.*

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 08:03:23 am »
* As Idoran slowly turns in a circle the close bystanders are able to see how the tip of the wand (carved out of bone) vibrates. Increases and decreases are subtle, but as you check several times in a row - having poor Idoran turn this way and that until he is dizzy - you are pretty sure that the direction is north/northwest. *

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 09:34:26 am »
**Watching Idoran being spun around, Steel moves next to Brualot**

I don't think there will be a group answer to your last question. Too many of us have different agendas, and some of us do not hope to know the answer until after the Tear is in our possesion.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 09:53:44 am »
*Argali makes a small sigh when she sees the direction they have to travel in.*

"Come, we go."

Chazzler

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 02:03:26 am »
*Chakar arrives huffing from a long, long run from the coastal town of Nith to Miritrix, and stops in his steads as he sees the group...*

*He looks at the ones he knows and opens his mouth to speak*

"So, I think you all have been.. down there already? *sighs* I am sorry, but i was too late it seems"

*he settles his backpack down and sits by the common campfire*

Script Wrecked

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 05:49:47 am »
// Assuming noone objects, and I'm not jumping too far forward... //

**The group heads out from Fort Miritrix in a north by north westerly direction. It isn't long before they cross into the territories of the Hilm Protectorate. Eventually, coming from the south, they arrive at the western shore of Tempest Lake, where it meets the Suw River.

There, they stop for a short break, take a quick meal, adjust their packs, and ask Idoran to make another sounding. It is with no small unease that they watch to see if the Wand leads them into the Kuhl Kingdom...**

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 07:01:09 am »
* The bone wand is turned and the result checked several times. The outcome, however, is the same. The strongest vibration is felt when the wand points into the Kingdom of Kuhl - in a north/northwesterly direction. *

akata

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 07:52:44 am »
*sitting at the campfire in Fort Miritrix, Angela watch the group, and as they get ready to leave she picks up her backpack*

Just to make sure I understand this...
Half the group is marked by Fisterion. We all had Shaddy perform some icky ritual on our shadows..
We have people who would backstab their own mother
*her gaze rest on Hardragh saying that* if they figured they could gain something from it, And you all think you can sneak into Kuhl without being noticed?

You have no plan for what to do IF you find the tear, because one half doesn't trust the other.
*shakes her head sadly* there are simply to many things left hanging to blunder about in the bushes, if you wish to leave now it will be without me. I have no intent to travel into the heart of the dragon cult to watch you backstab each other for the tear
*waves a few fingers to Sasha and Sall before leaving heading towards Stort*
safe journey

Script Wrecked

At Fort Miritrix - Angela's Departure
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 10:12:45 am »
Quote from: akata
*sitting at the campfire in Fort Miritrix, Angela watch the group, and as they get ready to leave she picks up her backpack*

safe journey

*Argali waves after Angela*

"Thank you forr helping. It was much appreciated."

Script Wrecked

At Tempest Lake - Before Kuhl
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 10:30:05 am »
Quote from: Harlas Ravelkione
* The bone wand is turned and the result checked several times. The outcome, however, is the same. The strongest vibration is felt when the wand points into the Kingdom of Kuhl - in a north/northwesterly direction. *

*Argali surveys the forests and rolling hillsides that stretch out before them.*

"It seems we must enterr the Kuhl. The last time we arre doing zis, to rescue the Queen, it becomes verry dangerrous, verry quickly, with no small sacrrifice by zome involved." *her eyes alight briefly on Sallaron*

*she thinks a while, considering options*

"Given that we arre not knowing wherre we arre going, we have zeveral options.

"Firrstly, we can follow the wand wherre it iz leading us. At zis point, zis would mean enterring Kuhl. If we werre to do zis, it iz obvious we cannot enterr as the heavily arrmorred forrce. Zis would be drrawing all zorrts of bad attention, no? If we werre to do zis, we would have to be in the smallerr grroups, looking like the common people orr the arrtizans, no? Like we do when we go to the Phal."

*Argali spends some more time thinking*

"Anotherr option iz to trravel norrth along the borrder as it winds, and find wherre the Wand iz pointing to. As and when the Wand points due west, we will have the better idea of wherre we arre going, and will be able to make betterr prreparrations, no? Alzo, trrravelling west into Kuhl means spending the least time within the borrders.

"Yes, zis iz sounding like the good idea, no?"

*she looks around the others for any response...*

EventHorizon

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 02:18:31 pm »
Quote from: akata

Just to make sure I understand this...
Half the group is marked by Fisterion. We all had Shaddy perform some icky ritual on our shadows..
We have people who would backstab their own mother
*her gaze rest on Hardragh saying that* if they figured they could gain something from it, And you all think you can sneak into Kuhl without being noticed?

You have no plan for what to do IF you find the tear, because one half doesn't trust the other.
*shakes her head sadly* there are simply to many things left hanging to blunder about in the bushes, if you wish to leave now it will be without me. I have no intent to travel into the heart of the dragon cult to watch you backstab each other for the tear
safe journey

Well that settles it for me as well. Going in without no plan and with this... fractioned group is simply going from bad, to worse.
Some of you I trust with my life, and I am sorry but I dont see this leading anywhere good.

*glances to Sall and Sasha before turning and leaving, heading towards Nith*

Link092

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2008, 10:35:28 pm »
*Idoran follows along with the group, listening to they're conversations. He occasionally steals glance at the bone wand. At one of the stops for camp, he begins to unpack his armor, lifting it from the pack. doing so, you hear a small pop, and a short yelp of pain, as the armor clatter's against the ground. Frowning, Idoran grumbles as he rubs his arm. The muscle under the skin seems to have gone slack, and torn slightly out of place.*

"I've been exertin' my self a bit too much these past few days... Steel, take the wand, I don' wan' it gettin' broke  with me holdin' it..."

*Grumbling in pain, he passes off the wand, and holds his limp arm, testing it for anymore damage. He look's up to the others.*

"I won' be doin' much fightin' either, but I'll keep goin' with ya, to see it through."

// OOC I will more than likely not be going on this next quest. Sorry guys. I might join the next afterwards if there is one. just keep me updated. I won't be back on the forums until a few more days.

Filatus

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2008, 12:18:52 am »
*Hardragh walks up to Steel and smirks visibily at Argali*

"Funny how repeatedly pointing out other people's flaws makes it easier to forget one's own. There's really only one question I have at this point. Especially to the one's bound by Fisterion."

"Are you even considering returning the Tear.. after all he has done to Leringard, just to get rid of your own problems?"

"I say that he can get the Tear, but the price would be the head of Snowtooth. And the newly rebuild docks of Leringard decorated with the white wyrm's scales."

"Or would you simply hand it over, betraying the people that died?"

anything