The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Descending, the Aftermath: A Discussion.  (Read 840 times)

miltonyorkcastle

Descending, the Aftermath: A Discussion.
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:23:48 pm »
////// use this thread for the comments and discussion among those who returned from the Deep, what might have been spoken on the long journey back to Miritix. //////

"Curious dragon. I can see why some might choose to side with him over Fisterion. He proved slightly more tolerant than his cousins. Still pompous, but wise enough to be patient. I look forward to speaking with him again. But first, time to speak with Mighty Fisty, Alexander of Hilm, and the deposed Queen....... oh, and the Black Wizards."

mixafix

Re: Descending, the Aftermath: A Discussion.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 05:26:53 am »
An Investigaor seeking clarity - Brualot chips in early:

So we work for a dragon now, some have made this mistake twice at least too it seems.

So why does the Dragon want us to do this work?

what do we hope to achieve by it?

what are the overall objectives?

can we clarify these points here as part of this discussion for those like myself who are ignorant of the detail or the purpose of doing this dragons bidding.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:51:15 am »
*Argali makes a soft chuckle in her throat as she grins to herself*

"Any appearance of choice in the matterr of worrking forr the Drragon orr not was merrely the politeness by the Drragon. Unlike zome otherr drragons...

"The Tearrs arre the scrying devices. Orr one allows to scry and the otherr to block the scrying. Zomething like that.

"Anyway, as you can imagine, zis iz verry useful in the conflict, to be knowing what yourr enemy iz doing.

"All sides arre wanting the Tearrs.

"What arre we hoping to achieve?"

*she tilts her head and becomes very serious for a moment, looking Brualot squarely in the eyes with a look of deadly earnst*

"To stop anotherr city frrom being razed like Leringarrd. To stop the Drragon Stealerrs with theirr corrupted drragons and drragon-daemons frrom taking over Belinarra. To stop the lives of frree folk frrom being trrampled underrfoot in zome inconsequence while these giants crrash arround carrelessly as they settle theirr differences. Zis iz what we hope to achieve.

"Getting the wand iz the firrst small victorry we have had in zis conflict, though we are yet to realize its potential."

Filatus

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 11:23:37 am »
*Hardragh for the first time speaks out, since they left the Deepening's lair*

"Not knowing how this wand exactly works, perhaps it would be a good idea for some of you to tell how the Tear got stolen from Fisterion in the first place. It is not known by all I warrant, but important if we want to know where to start searching."

*He pauses for a moment*

"And what was said about this bloodpool and the remains of the Broken One. Perhaps it is easier to find our foes in the here and now by looking closely at where it all started in the past."

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 03:46:07 pm »
"Stolen from Fisterion. Has a nice ring to it, yes?"

Steel pauses, rubbing his metallic chin.

"Really, one of my greatest accomplishments, though as much as I'd like to take full credit for the event, I had many accomplices. Some of whom are here with us now, and some of whom are supposedly with the Cult, since it is with the Cult that the Tear is now believed to reside."

"And when Argali says this is the first small victory we've had, it's because we've been trying to determine the head of this Cult. In this one venture, not only did we discover a proposed name for the head, but we also ruled out the Deepening Dark as being the head, and for that matter, even being affiliated. Well, unless it's not actually the Cult that has the stolen Tear. But since we're still working under that assumption, asking us to bring the Tear to him more than likely means he doesn't have it, and is therefore not working with the Cult. Of course, he could actually know where it is, and simply wishes us to waste time chasing it to keep us from meddling in something else the Cult is doing, but let's hope he really is a faction outside the Cult's influence."

Script Wrecked

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 06:57:44 pm »
Quote from: Filatus
*Hardragh for the first time speaks out, since they left the Deepening's lair* ...

*Argali glowers at Hardragh, her eyes narrow, her face grim, she slowly turns and walks away, putting some distance between them. As she moves off, she shoots Steel a look of disappointment.*

Script Wrecked

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 09:21:37 am »
"Alright, enough of the chatting. Time forr the doing."

"Misterr Madgickerr," *Argali addresses Idoran Mossfeild* "iz time to see if wands worrks..."

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 09:40:43 am »
**glances from Argali to Idoran and back**

I don't think that man knows much at all about the Al'Noth, or if he does, he's doing a good job of hiding his connection to it.

**Looks back to Idoran.**

What do you say, dragon-gifted? Point the way?

mixafix

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 10:11:39 am »
Brualot continues, aware his questions are blowing away in the wind somewhere...

well taking this forward....say the wand leads us..somewhere.....plan on arrival is?

and if this relic is recovered....by some chance...not yet explained....what would be done with it?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 11:02:09 am »
Mm... not much planning we can do because we don't actually know where we're going.

But the question of the hour is your last one, yes?

Fisterion wants the relic, and will cause me and a few others literal pain if we don't give it to him. But that's the worst he can do, short of stomping on more cities, which he knows would eventually lead to dragon hunts again, and the last thing he wants is another Bloodstone.

Shadrix wants it as well, and would offer important information in trade, though since he has the relic's counterpart, affording him both pieces gives him a rediculous edge in power we may not want to allow.

I'm sure the Cult wishes to keep it as well, and if they're smart, will negotiate to do so. Otherwise we'll steal it from them like we stole it from Fisterion. I bet we could even use the same trick they used on Fisterion.

And if we take it, and don't give it to any of these factions, you know that all three will come knocking on our door to get it, just like we're knocking on theirs. It may, in fact, be best for the balance of power to return it to Fisterion.... though I'd just as soon use its power to kill Fisterion instead. Anyone up for a dragon feast?

mixafix

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 01:55:07 pm »
*Brualot muses nodding* yes I rather feared that might be the issue. As you put it one or all will be in pain really!

Of course there is another...no...no...I shouldn't ...*breathes in and then* well look what if it was destroyed.....or preferably both were destroyed...then there would at least be a limited point in causing further pain with no prize at stake...

So I ask this can one be destroyed with any sense of balance to the fight..or would it need to be both! and could we do either ?

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 02:50:41 pm »
[ Aiming the follow up quest for the 22.nd of November folks - same timeslot as the previous plot quest. Now you have a timeframe to work with. ]

Script Wrecked

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 04:03:32 pm »
// FYI, PMed Link092/Idoran so this doesn't slip by. //

*Argali chuckles dryly to herself at Steel's words*

"If only we could be using zis thing to be brringing these dogs to heel."

*she then replies to Brualot*

"These arre the verry Tearr of Orrn and the Tearr of Ausirr. Argali thinks it would be no small feat to be brreaking them.

"But of courrse, zis iz all assuming the wand does what it says, that we can follow the wand wherre it leads us, and we can be recovering the Tearr once we get therre.

"Time slips by. The longerr we tarry, the morre chance zomething bad happens to make the difficult task harrderr."

mixafix

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 04:12:56 pm »
At this stage I am just not sure why good people might die to take magic from one Dragon to another, which if I have understood this correctly will upset at least one, or two if still alive....and to which you and maybe me are already beholding to....or have I missed anything?

Link092

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 04:41:52 pm »
*Idoran clutches the wand, looking nervously between it and the others. He mumbles something about protecting something this time*

*looking at steel* "I like to leave magic to the professionals... an' I think I made a slight mistake handin' over tha' dust... I'm gonna start bein' more careful with 'em now..."

*he glances at the wand, and lifts it up tentatively, twisting his wrists as he brings it parallel to the ground. he starts turning around in a full circle, feeling the tingling sensation he gets from the wand, stopping periodically to get a feel for how it works*

*glancing up periodically* "Can ye give me a run down on some things? I'm fer thinkin' I asked a stupid question, but a man I spoke to a while back put some doubts in my mind."

// on the 22nd? I might not be able to get to that... well, I take that back. It's possible, but doing it the day after the CDQ won't help the "bosses" mood. What do I need to do with the wand if can't go?

Script Wrecked

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 06:58:45 pm »
*Argali answers Brualot*

"We do it to prrevent morre razings of the cities, morre deaths of the innocent on the whim..."

*Her attention is drawn as Idoran makes use the wand. Argali watches excitedly and no small sense of uncertainty. Then, the possible implications of Idoran's words dispel her minor reverie.*

"What dust werre you giving the Drragon?"

mixafix

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 11:33:14 am »
Then regardless of individual pain or other distress that other dragons or cults might deliver...you intend to return it to its original owner ?

or did you have another plan?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 02:15:51 pm »
**Steel looks to Brualot, but this time is silent, his mask hides any expression that might otherwise betray his thoughts.**

Link092

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 04:47:28 pm »
*looking at the group, then at his surroundings.* "Where are we gonna start the search? Fort Miritrix?"

Script Wrecked

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 09:18:00 pm »
"We arre starrting herre, now. What iz wand saying?"