The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Questions about the trip to the mountains and other things  (Read 166 times)

Skywatcher

Questions about the trip to the mountains and other things
« on: April 10, 2007, 04:53:02 pm »
*After hearing tales of the trip that was conducted to the mountains Clarissa heads to the Stormcrest shack to discuss some questions with anyone who might be interested*

Hearing about the eyes and the webs of appearent scrying I am wondering if this could be connected to Broegar in Prantz.  He has some powerful scryers working for him as I have been party to being spied upon by them before.  They seem to have the ability to see things throughout Dregar and beyond.  It seems that these two surveilance efforts could not have escaped each others attentions so assuming they know of each other the question comes to mind are they working together or just tolerating one another.  I think this should be taken into account as we ponder what could be going on.

Secondly, the talk about Milara has me pondering what he's doing in the mountains.  From what I have heard the treaty he made when Blood fell is very similar to one he made a few hundred years ago with the kingdom of Erilyn.  Same time period, same conditions.  At the end of that treaty he took over Alindor.  During the treaty time before he used various forces of giants and other creatures to soften Erylin for his take over.  What does he have planned at the end of this treaty.  Haven't I heard of dragons being reported flying around those mountains?  With the patern of dragons cropping up in places and taking control of regions (Hurm and the black dragon, The isle of Bastil and the new white dragon, and now a rumor of a dragon being seen in the vicinity of the group that was routed in the mountains of Dregar), could Milara be using the dragons to coordinate efforts to soften the resistance in the various regions in preparations for his next revelation?  I have no good answers to these questions but as I hear rumors and tales various details seem to form patterns that lead to questions about how things are connected.

*she looks around at those gathered with a questioning look*

Does any of this seem to fit together to any of you or am I way off base?

Skywatcher

Re: Questions about the trip to the mountains and other things
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 09:08:23 pm »
And just to be clear, I am not trying to link Milara to whatever was seen with the red eyes but merely to explore if Milara may have anything to do with the activity of the dragons since they have been seen around his lands and his timetable is drawing nigh if history is to repeat itself.

Dorganath

Re: Questions about the trip to the mountains and other things
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 09:30:09 pm »
*Connor remains silent for a good long time after Clarissa's question is asked, perhaps leading some to assume he hadn't heard it. After some length, and after everyone had pretty much forgotten the question, he speaks...*

You know, I was tempted to say "no"...that Broegar was not involved.  Though I thought about it and began to realize that would not necessarily be a true answer. To explain...

The network of scrying I saw was huge.  There were hundreds of threads intersecting the one that was being used to scry on us, and it led back as I described.  It's possible that one or more of those threads could be traced to Broegar as well.  Yet even so, I would question as to whether or not he was using the web or being used by it.  My guess would be the latter at the very least.  Perhaps he is a tool of this presence from below the Deep.

Though to be perfectly honest, it's not really prudent to make the assumption that he is somehow participating in this web of scrying, nor is it prudent to discount the possibility.  But to be quite honest, Broegar's ability to know what is happening in various parts of the world can simply be a matter of judicious use of his own diviners...or simply nothing more than a network of well-placed spies.

As for Milara *shrugs*...historically, he follows his own plan, and if someone else's plan seems to line up with his own for a time, he surely is not above making allies of convenience.

anything