The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Stalking the borders of Kuhl...  (Read 982 times)

miltonyorkcastle

Stalking the borders of Kuhl...
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:03:35 pm »
Steel (and any other self-proclaimed Triple S members who wish to do so either on their own or with Steel) spends weeks traveling the southern border of Kuhl (northern Nesar) between Miritrix and Nith, scouting the number of checkpoints and troops. He's looking for a rough estimate of how many troops patrol the southern border at any given time, as well as what kind of troops (recruits, drachs, etc.), and timing of the border patrols, if in fact there are troops that troll the border along with those that guard the check points and roads.

In short, he's looking for two things:

1) The opportunity to hit an isolated group of soldiers in a forested region away from major roadways and cities.

2) Which checkpoint on the southern border is weakest at a given time, providing the opportunity to hit a unit of GDC troops where witnesses (such as traveling merchants) can describe the scene.

Those other strikers that wish to participate, if you have anything else you want to add, or are looking for something different than Steel, feel free to post that here for the plot GMs to review and respond.

The following users thanked this post: Lance Stargazer, Alatriel, davidhoff

Alatriel

Stalking the borders of Kuhl...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 08:28:15 am »
//just as another point, don't know if it's helpful or not, but the event in the deep, due to the time bubbling effect and Dezza not being a "mean" GM (per his own words )  to keep three of our characters locked for 2 months... that event happened at least 2 years ago in game time.... which would mean Steel has had time to come back and start trouble elsewhere since then.

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Stalking the borders of Kuhl...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 05:41:11 pm »
//// Assuming Steel has found a suitable target, I think it's about time we see what the GDC army is made of, yeah?

To elaborate, Steel will use whatever information about potential targets along the Kuhl border he may/may not have found to formulate a plan of attack with other self-proclaimed Triple-S'ers. And, following that, naturally, comes the series of hit-and-run attacks. Let me know what else you (the Plot GMs) need from me/the Triple-S strikers (more explanation, patience, etc.). ////

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 05:27:47 am »
Just letting you know that something is in the workings to address this - we are not ignoring you. ;)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »
//// A number of folks, both continuing and new Triple S members, showed for this event. In short, Steel lead the attendees to Fort Miritrix to prepare for the moves against the GDC in Kuhl. He and Viper also explained various bits if information and some of the targets. ////

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 10:58:29 pm »
// What timezone are you guys in - or most of you at least? Trying to figure out whether this can happen on a week day or whether it has to be a weekend. Also, if during weekends, what time would suit this group best?

Alatriel

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 12:19:04 am »
//I'm EST, but my son has soccer from 9-10am on Saturdays, so preferably after 10:30am on Saturdays if possible or any other time during the weekend.

Thanks!

willhoff

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 04:43:39 pm »
//EST time here.  After 6pm is good for me.  Any day if fine but Saturday can be tricky as I like to watch my Noles (FSU football Amercian) play.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 06:05:58 pm »
/// Wow, I totally missed your post, Harlas. CST (EST-1, GMT-6) here. Sunday and late Saturday mornings are best, though I can squeeze in a weekday with enough advance notice. ///

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 02:17:22 am »
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, guys. RL has a good and tight hold on me these days - and for some reason I never invested in tumble. ;)

Anyway, I want to run this and would very much prefer a weekday. Sadly, being in India, this will not work at all for any of you guys. Weekends, however, are so very tight for me. Next weekend is not possible due to parents visiting, but I will try for the one after that.

I will keep you posted.

Chazzler

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 05:47:22 am »
//GMT+2, but I have been known to stretch to EST evenings. Any day of the week or weekend should be doable

RollinsCat

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 08:17:23 am »
est evenings after eight except Friday, and weekends depending on my busy social calendar (rolls eyes at self)

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 01:49:40 am »
It is late notice, but please take a look at this calendar event: http://forums.layonara.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=17778&day=2010-12-3

Can you guys make that?

willhoff

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 12:47:27 pm »
//I think I could swing that

RollinsCat

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 12:48:48 pm »
Nope, will be at work - gl guys!

Aerimor

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 07:44:25 pm »
That's Friday morning here.  I'll be working.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 10:54:37 pm »
Thanks for quick feedback, guys.

I have moved it one week to next Saturday. Does that work better?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 09:11:27 am »
////I should be able to make it on that Saturday.

Alatriel

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 10:11:07 am »
I could've made it Friday, but Aerimor couldn't.  Neither of us can make it that saturday because we'll be moving that weekend.

Chazzler

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 09:53:48 am »
Satyrday should work for me

anything