The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Bird Lord sends out his scouts...  (Read 253 times)

orth

The Bird Lord sends out his scouts...
« on: January 14, 2008, 01:13:14 pm »
After a recent discussion with Jennara, Plenarius sits high atop the canopy of the Great Forest, calling upon his best eyes. He speaks in hushed trills and coos, welcoming each of the visitors as they nestle upon a perch

At this time, there are three significant matters pertinent to Her Nature. They are Milara, the Lumbral and the Dragons.  What consequence each of these will have on the nature of our world will be evident in the near future.  Whether that includes my lifetime or another generation's remains to be seen.

For now my sights are upon the dragons.
 He pauses and addresses a large golden brown falcon, surrounded by about a dozen of smaller yet similar looking birds.

A good friend recently informed me of swirling magics off the coast of Mistone between Krandor and Vehl.  Sesitilia, I need you and your flock to go and determine with a little more precision where these waters lie. Regard the waters with close eyes, watch the ships who travel and sense anything unusual.  If you can learn anything more beyond a more precise location then even better.

The falcon acknowledges the request with a slow close of his eyes and in a flash, him and his small flock penetrate the leaves and disappear into the south.

Aurdra, he looks to a tiny swallow, sitting content and alone on a lower perch. The metallic children, last seen in the peaks of Voltrex, I wish to know their status. See if you can learn any thing.  Do not raise any suspicion of your task please and keep me informed. He tilts his head to the side and smiles, looking to the swallow inquiring of any questions and after a moment of silence nods lightly.

As Plen begins to address those remaining in the group, Aurdra flutters to the forest floor and pecks away at the ground for a few moments before vanishing in a quick dart.

My eyes, he smiles and looks heavenward. The last and perhaps most pressing matter is this formation of a group, marked by a symbol of a Green Dragon.  As some of you know, our past involves a particular Green Dragon, are these two linked?  See what you can learn of this organization for me.  Any meetings, leaders, locations.  Please, anything you can learn, lay your eyes to the ground, and your ears to the sounds.

He smiles once more and lowers his head in a silent prayer as a beam of sun shimmers through the canopy and illuminates his surroundings.

Mother watch over you my friends, your children.

He extends his wingspan in a long deliberate movement and rises into the afternoon sky.

anything