The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Flyer Goes Up  (Read 412 times)

RollinsCat

A Flyer Goes Up
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:03:04 pm »
[SIZE=16]On this middle* day of Mar
Who watches behind silken mask?
As friends gather round the bar
What knife waits behind the cask?

Who killed the owner of this Inn?
Who will find the final clue?
Webs of intrigue round us spin
Who will find out?  Will it be...you?[/SIZE]
[/I]
[SIZE=16]
Ides of Mar - A Silver Buckle Event

Twenty-One Mar at seven-thirty in the evening.

Masquerade dress expected.  Magician being sought to shape you into your wildest dreams...and there will be a mystery to solve.[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=10]
*Yes, I know the Ides of March is the fifteenth, a critical person cannot make that day.  Just pretend, darn it![/SIZE]

RollinsCat

Re: A Flier Goes Up
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:47:42 pm »
A request - if you think you're going to make this, please sign up/let me know, so I can estimate how many clues and possible suspects there will be...

Aphel

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 04:17:45 pm »
I'd like to come, but I doubt that I can properly RP at 3AM. The amount of coffee required would... let's not talk about it. ;)

Anamnesis

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:35:22 am »
//I will be there!
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Lance Stargazer

Re: A Flyer Goes Up
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:21:28 am »
Wendsday was a good day . thursday is not sadly, i'll stick around as much as i can , but won't be much.

*throws away the mascarade special disguise *

RollinsCat

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:20 pm »
Rules for the game are posted under the flyer.  

A list of suspects will be made public.

Each Ball attendee will receive one clue that only they know, with the rest of the clues either supporting or eliminating a suspect to be known by their fellow attendees or scattered around the Silver Buckle.

As clues are found out, suspects can be ruled out...except for one.

The first to correctly identify the killer from the clues will be awarded a dinner of House Specialties; an entire Huangjin Duck prepared by the Proprietor (before his untimely demise), fresh bread, steamed rice, and a mini keg of the very first batch of Frostbeard Ale, a new Buckle special brew!

Happy Hunting...

RollinsCat

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 10:56:42 pm »
This event has been moved to Weds. the twenty-first March to accommodate scheduling issues.

RollinsCat

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »
More information is posted on the upcoming heinous murder of a respected and dare we say loved businessman and bard!

THE VICTIM-TO-BE:

THE WIDOW-TO-BE:

THE (Unusual) SUSPECTS:

JETTA RAVENLOCK, UNDERPAID HEAD OF SECURITY?

EDWARD GILLIAM, AGGRAVATED BOUNCER?

GRIFF SILVERSAND, FOLLOWER OF AN ENEMY GOD?

PADDY, QUIET SUPPOSEDLY REFORMED NE'ER-DO-WELL?

LANA POETR, OFT-COMPETING BARD?

ZIGRUUM FROSTBEARD, ANOTHER FOLLOWER OF THAT MISBEGOTTEN VIOLENT WARLORD VORLAX?  VEBRAX?  WHATEVER.

...be the first to find out and win some of the Silver Buckle's finest house specialities!  Twenty-one Mar!

//Permission to post images given by SP-Studio provided credit for software is noted.

RollinsCat

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 03:00:59 pm »
The Rules for the Mystery Ball are re-posted and updated:

A MASK CHECK WILL BE IN PLACE TO PREVENT SNEAKING IN BY SUSPECT INDIVIDUALS.  

A magician has tentatively agreed to attend provided his ship isn't late coming into harbor, so if the winds and waves are feeling favorable, your wish for wings that work will come true! (Or tails, or fur...).

A list of suspects has been made public, along with some art by the soon-to-be-dead guy.  See below.

Each Ball attendee will receive one clue that only they know, with the rest of the clues either supporting or eliminating a suspect to be known by their fellow attendees or scattered around the Silver Buckle.  Possible murder weapons will be found throughout the tavern as well.  

Please do not remove clues, so that others may have all the information.  Read 'em and leave 'em.

As clues are found, suspects can be ruled out by reasonable doubt...except for one!

The first to correctly identify the killer from the clues will be awarded a dinner of House Specialties; an entire Huangjin Duck prepared by the Proprietor (before his untimely demise), fresh bread, steamed rice, and a mini keg of the very first batch of Frostbeard Ale, a new Buckle special brew!

Happy Hunting...

RollinsCat

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 11:30:15 am »
New suspects are added to the list of possible nefarious murderers; is it the cold and (supposedly) incarcerated woman formerly known as Edna Blackheart?  One of her minions, three of whom spent days in stocks outside the Silver Buckle?  Perhaps the hard-working and never-thanked-enough general manager of the tavern, Michael Gilliam?  Or could it be the one who knows the most and bears the brunt of Andrew's follies...his wife?

Find out TONIGHT!

RollinsCat

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 05:23:55 pm »
Update to questions:  Ball starts at seven-thirty eastern, not eight-thirty, but will go to ten-thirty or eleven so if you can't make start come when you can.

Anamnesis

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 06:57:21 pm »
Elohanna stands vigilant by the door awaiting the guests arrival, and making them feel welcome to the masquerade ball, checking masks are in place but also that no unwelcome visitors slip in. Music is playing softly in the background, and fresh food being carried around by staff to offer the guests.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

RollinsCat

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 08:09:38 pm »
...guests begin to arrive; a demon from the pits, a fan dancer, and a white wolf join the party...

RollinsCat

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 09:08:12 pm »
...a tiger, a very ugly and short old man, a dapper little gnome, and a fox join in the hunt, and just as it seemed the hall was full, a lovely dwarven lady in emerald green finery...

RollinsCat

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 10:35:35 pm »
An evening of clue hunting, song and friends seems to go well - but the famine has been slowly choking Mariner's Hold, and a protest interrupts the jolly celebration.

Elohanna puts out a chest of food and both she and Andrew are seen moving between city hall and suppliers, as well as asking around for reputable but out of work cooks and helpers.

//actions after last night's protest are to discuss with city hall opening a soup kitchen off the Buckle, and hiring out of work locals to help.  Funding will be from the Buckle and the Buckle will provide the food.

Chazzler

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 10:31:43 am »
*After hearing the news of a kitchen opening in the Buckle for the poor and hungry, Chakar smiles finally at the situation and says to himself.*

"At least I know where that donation went, then. And for a good cause, nonetheless."

anything