The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Krandor Hospital seeks stewards  (Read 319 times)

Xiaobeibi

Krandor Hospital seeks stewards
« on: February 21, 2010, 04:29:40 am »
Krandor Hospital seeks stewards

It is the mission of Krandor Hospital to:
  • Provide healing and safety for those in need
  • Conduct research into poisons, diseases, illnesses and conditions in order to provide cures and better treatments.
  •    Promote works of beauty and music as healing of the spirit
  •    Investigate and act against threats contrary to the ideals of Krandor Hospital

Krandor Hospital provides two wards for sick, two operating theatres, a guild section, library, kitchen, a dormitory for young healers and musicians (currently one resident, Rocky) and a hostel for travellers.

Krandor Hospital is fully funded by charity and its endowments. No charges shall be levied for its services. Galathea Arnaduillae wishes to express her heartfelt gratitude to the many generous donations and offers of help which has made this possible.

If you believe in these ideals and wishes to actively support them then we are seeking stewards to oversee the running and provide expert help. Herbalists, healers, research wizards, alchemists, musicians, brewers, cooks, woodsmen and more are needed; but needed most of all are kind hearts and gentle hands.

The patron deity of Krandor Hospital is Beryl, but no acts of worship or declarations of faith are requested, only respect. Toranites are welcome to join and will not be asked to go against their faith, but they are reminded not to speak or act disrespectfully towards Beryl. Followers of Baraeon Ca'duz, Branderback, Corath, Grand, Pyrtechon, Shadon, Sulterio & Vierdri'ira need not apply.

Dark elves and gray dwarves are advised they must provide sufficient evidence to convince Galathea Arnaduillae they have repented their ways and are no longer rabid, homicidal killers hell-bent on the enslavement, slaying and torture of all civilised races. Failure to do so may result in unwarranted attention.  

All interested parties should write to Galathea Arnaduillae (//send a pm).
/Alexandrite Arnaduillae

//Feel free to take a look around the hospital, the door is always unlocked and apart from one or two signs it is furnished and ready.

//Galathea will donate a fully furnished hospital and the needed true to establish the guild. BUT, once the guild is up and running she will hold no special position nor retain any privileges (apart from the right to turn away dark elves and gray dwarves she doesn't trust.

//The guild is open to all regardless of levels, classes or skills. I do in fact hope it can be a meeting ground between new and old players and characters.

//Please note the rules on guilds, which can be found here: LORE: Player Guilds and Organizations

//First order of business will be to arrange for staff. That is first order of business once we have the members and approval for a guild

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, Anamnesis, Hellblazer, Kenderfriend

Hellblazer

Re: Krandor Hospital seeks stewards
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 12:19:53 pm »
*A very delicate and artistic writing is left under*

I don't think I need to tell you, but you have my aid.

Sil

Anamnesis

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:19:51 am »
My Dear Friend Gala,

I would very much like to offer my aid in the hospital in Krandor if you would allow me to. If you have need of an additional hand please let me know as soon as you can.

May My Caring Light always be with you,
~Elly
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 10:23:25 am »
My Old Comrade in Arms,
How yah doing?  Yah need help with a Hospital?  Well I think I can help.  Might be a Striker but I've dressed more wounds then I care to remember, so I'm sure I can help keep people in one piece, or at least one living piece.  (gotta chop stuff of sometimes, yah know?)
Lemme know if yah need help.

Shiff Dragonheart

Warchild214

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:20:53 am »
Dear Galathea,

I always try to help a sick or injured animal if I happen to come upon one. I also know that "healing" does not only come from rest, medicines, songs and blessings but can also come from the soothing nature of petting a soft furry animal. I have seen this calming effect first hand on the sick and elderly in my travels.

I would be willing to bring a few of my animal friends to the hospital every so often, and take them to the sick people in the wards to have some quiet healing time just relaxing while petting and interacting with my friends.

The only compensation that I would require for my time, would be that if I ever do find a sick or injured animal, I would be allowed to bring it to the hospital to be healed and rest till it was back to full strength.  

If I see that the animals are providing some healing to the admitted patients, I would ask the hospital in time build a small separate wing for the sick and hurt animals of Mistone.  I would be willing to supply most of the wood and other building supplies needed for the addition also if needed.  

Not many folks seem to care about the domesticated animals on Mistone and I would like to change that and educate them that animals need someone to look out for them and try to spot their diseases in their early stages before it spreads throughout the lands of Mistone potentially polluting the food and water sources.

Shadowleaf A

Warchild214

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 11:25:10 am »
Galathea Arnaduillae,

I always try to help a sick or injured animal if I happen to come upon one. I also know that "healing" does not only come from rest, medicines, songs and blessings but can also come from the soothing nature of petting a soft furry animal. I have seen this calming effect first hand on the sick and elderly in my travels.

I would be willing to bring a few of my animal friends to the hospital every so often, and take them to the sick people in the wards to have some quiet healing time just relaxing while petting and interacting with my friends.

The only compensation that I would require for my time, would be that if I ever do find a sick or injured animal, I would be allowed to bring it to the hospital to be healed and rest till it was back to full strength.  

If I see that the animals are providing some healing to the admitted patients, I would ask the hospital in time build a small separate wing for the sick and hurt animals of Mistone.  I would be willing to supply most of the wood and other building supplies needed for the addition also if needed.  

Not many folks seem to care about the domesticated animals on Mistone and I would like to change that and educate them that animals need someone to look out for them and try to spot their diseases in their early stages before it spreads throughout the lands of Mistone potentially polluting the food and water sources.

Shadowleaf A

Warchild214

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 11:26:09 am »
Dear Galathea,

Shadowleaf A

Warchild214

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 11:30:57 am »
Galathea,

Shadowleaf A'nadivian

Xaltotun

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 07:35:40 pm »
*written in very poorly syntaxed common, and with a very shaky hand*

I agree with Shadowleaf and I too care about all the animals and how they are treated. If you can see your way to helping provide a small sanctuary for animals too, I think it would help everyone heal.

~~ Ygraine, of the Ursus clan

Mastiff of Liv

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 01:10:42 pm »
*Durgen sits down at his desk and takes his time penning a message on some parchment in neat, albeit blocky, print.  When finished, he seals it with wax and seeks a courier for delivery.*

anything