The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Silver Buckle Closed  (Read 116 times)

RollinsCat

Silver Buckle Closed
« on: January 21, 2011, 10:05:39 am »
A sign outside:

[SIZE=16]
Dear friends and guests, we regret that the re-opening of the Silver Buckle Tavern is delayed.

The doors will remain locked for the time being but rest assured we will open as soon as we can!

Thank you,

The Silver Buckle Staff
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

//Please do not use the Buckle at this time if you do not have a key, to represent it being closed until further notice.

The following users thanked this post: Anamnesis, davidhoff, willhoff

RollinsCat

Re: Silver Buckle Closed
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:59:46 am »
//reminder: Buckle is still closed and locked.  Please do not enter to peek around unless you have a key - there are a total of three people with a key at this time.

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 09:55:27 pm »
*angry dwarves and old timers knock impatiently at the windows and doors of the establishment.  Curtains are deftly pulled down over squishy bearded faces pressed against the glass shouting inside for beer and wenches*

RollinsCat

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 04:34:30 pm »
Edward squeezed past the small throng and pushed through the door, closing it firmly as soon as his brother was inside.  "Good gods, we've been closed for - hells, we've never even OPENED, and they're still pounding on the doors!"

Michael shot a look over his shoulder.  "Be glad they're still here, brother.  In fact - "  The blonde man stopped mid-sentence and sniffed.  He walked nearer to the stage, eying neatly arranged chairs he had last seen stacked and covered, and sniffed again.

"What?"

He didn't answer at first but took a look around.  In addition to the chairs, furniture by the fireplace was uncovered, dusted, and in place.  There were plants that had not been there two days ago.  Edward glanced at the chairs and headed immediately to a small office right of the door.  Michael followed his nose to a comfortable-looking red velvet chair nearest the fire, seat and arms just a bit shiny from wear.  He didn't recall seeing that one in inventory.  He inhaled deeply and was certain.  Cigar tobacco and sandalwood.

"Someone's put up a bookshelf and chairs."  Edward came out of the office and they walked around the huge tavern together.

Covers were off paintings, vases were placed; someone had put up stock in the bar cabinets and food on the shelves.  There was a chest of darts in the gaming room and all the cots, stacked so neatly for so long, were opened and in their proper bays in the clinic.  A white velvet chair with gold threading sat in front of Elly's empty and waiting desk.  There were cushions on the floor and plants everywhere.

"Look for a note, brother?"  The big man nodded and Michael unlocked the secured inner door to head upstairs.  More plants; again, furniture placed, quite a bit of it.  Up here there was a hint of sweat and soap to compliment the sandalwood oil his employer favored and the cigars he couldn't seem to stop smoking.  All the rooms had dressers and racks and bookshelves and armoires, ready to be occupied - his boss has even swept, it seemed.  Portals were ready to be used.  The entire inn felt to Michael as if it was waiting to exhale.

The note was on the red velvet covering of the platform bed in Andrew's room.  The room was already looking lived-in; an open book face-up by the bed, instruments on a table, stacks more books in a cabinet and men's clothes on the floor.  Only the bed seemed pristine with no wrinkles in the cover or lumps in the mattress.  He picked up the note.

Michael, Edward:  Please contact Paddy and bring him back, I'm sure his skills will be handy soon.  He can use any room he likes.  Leave Heloise where she is for now.

I've done a bit of work as you can see.  Thank you all for the fantastic care you've taken of my Grand Dame and know that I have been summoned to Hlint - when I return, hopefully we can start opening for some limited and careful business.  The Cult and the bindchasers are only getting more bold so we may need to wait a bit longer but soon, my friends.  Use your discretion in the meantime.

Oh - and no one enters before Minu does, period, except for the four of you.  No one.

Pray for her.  I'll be back as soon as I can.

AWR

The note folded crisply and he tucked it in a pocket.  Edward was still downstairs and he found his brother in Elly's private storage room, checking shelves.  "I doubt he'd leave it there."

"He's brought everything back.  All of it, Michael."  The excitement in his brother's voice made him smile.  He handed his brother the note and let him read before speaking.

"There is a bloody lot of dwarven draft bottled in the cabinets, and wine.  Are they still outside?"  Edward nodded and put back the bag of powdered pearl he'd been holding.  "Let's go whip up some community support.  I think a little outdoor pre-opening party is in order."  With matching smiles they headed back to the finished goods pantry to load up some good will and cheer for the customers outside.

RollinsCat

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 09:01:51 pm »
//Another reminder to those people who are using the Silver Buckle Inn for the portal, despite the door being roleplayed as shut tight and locked.  Please desist.  The Silver Buckle is closed until certain in-game issues resolve and using the portal is poor manners and breaking of rp.

Thanks.

anything