The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Amulet of Shield for Sale  (Read 465 times)

Pseudonym

Re: Amulet of Shield for Sale
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 11:00:07 pm »
*Scribbled hastily underneath this latest addendum in little, tiny print.*

Please note, to avoid accusations of falsehoods in regards to the advertising of this item, I clarify that this amulet reputedly once belonged to Moraken the humble cobbler on Smith Street, Krandor ... not to be confused with Moraken the Mage residing north of Hlint. Never let it be said I make any false claims in regards to items I sell.

ystrday

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 01:36:22 am »

Tegan

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 02:16:27 am »

Kinai Ancalime

ystrday

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 12:28:19 pm »

Tegan

rigbya

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 09:31:59 pm »

*Seth looks around mumbling something about rich mongrels and their bauble collectin*

Pseudonym

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 09:46:23 pm »
    Dear Sir,

I regret that I did not inform you earlier of my bonus scheme whereby any attractive woman bidding on one of my sale items automatically has an inherent 10% bonus factored onto their bid. Unfortunately for you, being male and not an overly attractive one at that, you do not fit into this category and as such are still somewhat short of Ms Tegan's last bid. You would need to bid greater than 16,500 true to be the frontrunner.

Alternatively, if you were able to bring a personage along with you that meets this criteria (//Cha 16+//) when you collect the necklace, your adjusted bid of (15,327 + 1,532) 16,859 true would, of course, stand as the current highest.

Sorry for any confusion.

Regards,
    Arkolio de'Averlain

rigbya

• View Profile
      « Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 10:16:36 pm »
      Eh? Is this an auction or un yer attempt at wooin some lass?

*walks off muttering*

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 10:20:03 pm »
      That particular lass being taken, last I heard.

*Kinai leaves it unsigned, humming to herself*

Pseudonym

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2007, 12:33:18 am »
      Dear Sir,

I was but having a jest with you. Your bid of 15,327 is, of course, the current highest.

For your information, an auction and the wooing of a lady do not necessarily have to be mutually exclusive events. I prefer to look upon the two tasks as somewhat symbiotic.

Additionally, for the information of the unsigned contributor, my pulchritude-based discount was not Ms. Tegan specific, she just happened to be the previous highest bidder .... though, having said that, I do contest I could trounce her partner quite readily, he being an infamous non-frontlining coward. Indeed, I have been informed the temple of Lucinda in Spellgard now refer to one particular incantation as "Sall's Expeditious Retreat" in honor of it's most frequent advocate.

Regards,
      Arkolio de'Averlain

// Ha!

aragwen

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2007, 02:47:05 am »
      *chuckles as he reads the notice and speak to nobody specific*

I would love to see Sallaron's face when he reads it, I bet the notice would be ripped into pieces and land in fireplace with him storming out of here looking for a particular person with honey around his mouth.

*walks out still smiling*

LordCove

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007, 04:37:10 am »
      Son of a ....... !

*Sall stops by the post, blinking in amazement at what he's reading. He seems about to rip the post down, but instead pulls out his quill and makes a mark*

Right ya bugger! This price better include you delivering the bloody thing in person!

*wrote on the poster is....*
      Sall

*he settles by the memorial with a gleam in his eye, sharpening his blades and watching for whoever goes near the advert*

Masterjack

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2007, 06:13:39 am »

Buddy Tenker

rigbya

• View Profile
        « Reply #32 on: July 15, 2007, 03:56:17 am »
        *Seth bids and grumbles*

Pseudonym

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2007, 04:31:30 am »
        *Arkolio wanders up to check the progress of his auction. He mutters to himself.*

Not bad ... almost enough for a visit to the 1,001 Audiran Nights themed room at the Temple of Xeen.

*Taking out a quill, he adds the following to the already much-added-to notice.*

Vendor's Bid: 17,000

Dezza

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007, 05:44:04 am »
        *Sasha wanders past and chuckles as she reads the notice. Borrowing a quill from a merchant nearby she notes*

Dont worry Seth, if you need that extra 10% I'll vouch for you.

Pseudonym

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 07:18:10 pm »
        SOLD!

Congratulations to the successful bidder, I will contact you at soonest convenience.

To all the underbidders, thank you for your interest, keep a lookout for more items in the near future from the estates of famous personages. If the price is right, I may consider parting with a prized potion of wound healing that was taken from Blood's own stiffened fingers seconds after his death.

Regards,
        Arkolio de'Averlain

anything