The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Auction: Exceptional Cloak of the Panther  (Read 317 times)

gilshem ironstone

Auction: Exceptional Cloak of the Panther
« on: June 22, 2010, 01:32:27 am »
I am auctioning one Cape of Panther Leather of extraordinary craftsmanship.  Bidding will start at 15,000 true and close one month from now.

Contact Gel'larian Windsbreath with your bids.

//Auction closes one week from today.

//stats +3 AC (Deflection), +5 Hide, +5 Move Silently, Lvl Req. 14

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler

gilshem ironstone

Re: Auction: Exceptional Cloak of the Panther
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 02:57:06 pm »
The opening bid has been lowered to 10,000 trues.  This is an excellent opporunity to get a top quality cloak for a low price.

Ravemore

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 03:42:26 pm »
10,000 True.

-S.A.

stragen

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 06:07:51 am »
*A letter arrives for Gel'larian*

Re: Auction for Exceptional Cloak of the Panther

Master Windsbreath,

With regard to your advertised clock for sale. I offer, 11,000 true coin.

I would also like to meet with you regarding the value of gems: diamond, sapphire, alexandrites that I provided to you for your crafting.  I have further goods and bounties from Rael Kingdom, including some fine panther pelts.

I am sure we will be able to come to some mutually beneficial arrangement.

Yours Broodingly,

Gladyus Rockface

Masterjack

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 06:15:17 am »
12,000 trues

Buddy Tenker

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 08:37:24 am »
Gladyus, please contact me at your leisure.

//just for clarity, bidding will close at 11:59pm EDT on Monday, June 28.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 01:43:01 pm »
//Just one more change to the auction rules.  To prevent last-minute auction sniping, I will not accept any bids from new bidders past 11pm EDT, Monday, June 28.  I will use the post time in the upper left-hand corner, and be utterly merciless ;)

Guardian 452

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 02:19:49 pm »
sorry for the long OOC in your auction but.... I dont see your idea working at all. Basically all it does is if I am the person who wants to last second bid.. I now do it at 10:59 PM EDT and no one will be able to bid after I do for the auctions last hour. The way of doing it that I reccomended to you via PM today will not only remove any sore feelings from the person who had the winning bid for 3 days only to be beaten in the last second... it can also raise the amount you will get for the item.

Secondly I would not reccomend changing the nature or rules of an auction in the middle of said auction.  :)

G-452

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 03:00:50 pm »
//I did not say no new bids, I said no new bidders, old bidders are welcome to battle it out to the last minute. Anyone who is serious will try and make a last minute bid. Thank you for the advice to not change my auction rules in the middle. If anyone who has actually bid thus far has a problem, please PM me and I will likely change the rules back to the original.

I don't like your system G-452, because it does not allow for infrequent players who might not be on the forums as much as you and I. I do appreciate the advice though.

anything