The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Cailomel Archery  (Read 919 times)

Hellblazer

Cailomel Archery
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:49:46 am »
*In a dexterous hand writing*

Dear woodsman and woman, or those in the liking of ranged attacks. I am offering you my humble services to provide you with arrows, bolts and bows that would shoot true with strength. Prices will be made available as I research them for different composite arrows. But here are a few now.

[SIZE=16]Hickory shafts:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13]Bronze arrow/bolt heads with hickory shafts, feathers of your choice[/SIZE]
 570 trues for 500 (+2 dmg vs animal, +1 to feather dmg)

Iron arrow/bolt heads with hickory shafts, feathers of your choice
 570 trues for 500 (+2 dmg vs construct, +1 to feather dmg)

Platinum arrow/bolt heads with hickory shafts, feathers of your choice
 570 trues for 500 (+2 dmg vs magical beast, +1 to feathers dmg)

Silver arrow/bolt heads with hickory shafts, feathers of your choice
 570 trues for 500 (+2 dmg vs shapechangers, +2 dmg vs undead, +1 to feather dmg)

[SIZE=16]Oak shafts:[/SIZE]

Bronze arrow/bolt heads with oak shafts, feathers of your choice
 1000 trues for 500 (+2d4 dmg vs animal, +1d4 to feathers dmg, level 10)

Iron arrow/bolt heads with oak shafts, feathers of your choice
 1000 trues for 500 (+2d4 dmg vs construct, +1d4 to feather dmg, level 10)

Platinum arrow/bolt heads with oak shafts, feathers of your choice
 1000 trues for 500 (+2d4 dmg vs magical beast, +1d4 to feathers dmg, level 10)

Silver arrow/bolt heads with oak shafts, feathers of your choice
 1000 for 500 (+2d4 vs shapechangers, +2d4 dmg vs undead, +1d4 to feather dmg, level 13)

[SIZE=16]Mahogany shafts:[/SIZE]

Bronze arrow/bolt heads with mahogany shafts, feathers of your choice
 1500 trues for 500 (+2d6 dmg vs animal, +1d6 to feathers dmg, level 13)

Iron arrow/bolt heads with mahogany shafts, feathers of your choice
 1500 trues for 500 (+2d6 dmg vs construct, +1d6 to feather dmg, level 13)

Platinum arrow/bolt heads with mahogany shafts, feathers of your choice
 1500 trues for 500 (+2d6 dmg vs magical beast, +1d6 to feathers dmg, level 13)

Silver arrow/bolt heads with mahogany shafts, feathers of your choice
 1500 for 500 (+2d6 vs shapechangers, +2d6 dmg vs undead, +1d6 to feather dmg, level 15)

[SIZE=16]Elemental Enchantments:[/SIZE]
Adding at the customer request elemental enchantments to the arrows free of charge.

Available are from first (+2), and second (+1d4) and third (1d6) circles
Fire, Cold, Electrical.

[SIZE=16]Feathers damage type:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16][SIZE=13]Falcon: Piercing[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]Owls: Slashing[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]Raven: Bludgeoning[/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]Stirge: Negative energy[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16]Bows:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Hickory short bow and long bow [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16][SIZE=13]1000 trues

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Hickory light crossbow and heavy crossbow [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=16][SIZE=13]1000 trues[/SIZE]  [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16]

[SIZE=16]Oak short bow [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]1500 trues (base dmg 1d6, base crit threat x3, base dmg type piercing, weapon size large, ammunition arrows. Feats required Martial or elf, weight 2.4, attack bonus +1, LR 6)

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Oak long bow [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]1500 trues (base dmg 1d8, base crit threat x3, base dmg type piercing, weapon size large, ammunition arrows. Feats required Martial or elf, weight 2.4, attack bonus +1, LR 6)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Oak light crossbow [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]1500 trues (base dmg 1d8, base crit threat 19-20x2, base dmg type piercing, weapon size medium, ammunition bolts. Feats required Martial or elf, weight 2.4, attack bonus +1, LR 5)

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Oak heavy crossbow [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]1500 trues (base dmg 1d10, base crit threat 19-20x2, base dmg type piercing, weapon size medium, ammunition bolts. Feats required Martial or elf, weight 2.4, attack bonus +1, LR 5)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16][SIZE=13]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Mahogany short bow[/SIZE]
[SIZE=13]5000[/SIZE] [SIZE=13]trues (base dmg 1d6, base crit threat x3, base dmg type piercing, weapon size large, ammunition arrows. Feats required Martial or elf, weight 2.4, attack bonus +2, LR 10)

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Mahogany long bow [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]5000 trues (base dmg 1d8, base crit threat x3, base dmg type piercing, weapon size large, ammunition arrows. Feats required Martial or elf, weight 2.4, attack bonus +2, LR 10)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Mahogany light crossbow [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]5000 trues (base dmg 1d8, base crit threat 19-20x2, base dmg type piercing, weapon size medium, ammunition bolts. Feats required Martial or elf, weight 2.4, attack bonus +1, LR 10)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16][SIZE=16]Mahogany heavy crossbow [/SIZE]
 [SIZE=13]5000 trues (base dmg 1d10, base crit threat 19-20x2, base dmg type piercing, weapon size medium, ammunition bolts. Feats required Martial or elf, weight 2.4, attack bonus +2, LR 10)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16][SIZE=13]
/// occ info: The prices of the arrows are roughly half the price of what a normal to big pawn shop would buy them for.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16]Special note[/SIZE]. If you ask me to add and elemental enchantment to the arrows, note that you will lose the racial properties of the arrow heads, when facing foes that are not of that racial type. Meaning you will get the 2d* of the arrow heads with the feather type damage, if you face what the arrows was intended for. Plus you will also get the enchantment bonus. But when you face an enemy that is not from the racial type of the arrows. The Feather type will be replaced by the damage type of the enchantments.

The arrows does not give two times the same damage type. If you face what the arrow heads are made for you will only get the 2d* of the racial properties. If you fight something else that what the arrow heads are made for you will only get the 1d* that is determined by the wood and feathers combination.

So as an example. If you have an iron stirge Mahogany arrow with a fire 2 on it. You will get the 1d8 (from the bow) + 2d6 negative energy vs construct + 1d4 fire.

Chazzler

Re: Cailomel Archery
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 01:33:10 pm »
I presume you have some means to discern their magical properties, the arrows that is.
So if you could enlighten us on how the arrows work against the beasts they are are targetted to be used upon? I am certain that would be helpful for others, and to your business as well.

~Chakar

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 02:33:41 pm »
// As there is considerable permutations, I decided not to write it up here, even more that the information will become available soon on lore, milt is working on it. Once that info is available on lore, I will simply copy paste it here. Only the arrow head and wood affects the pricing and level requirements.

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 03:06:07 pm »
*Fehriel comes to the traders hall and looks for his poster. After a while he finds it under many other posters of other traders. He untacks it and then put it a bit more to the side away from the others and to the top.*

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 02:17:37 pm »
*Once again Fehriel comes and Takes his add pinning it on top of the billboard, for some reason people keeps pinning their adds on top of his. he also makes some changes to his prices so it is more appealing to the mass of archers.*

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 02:34:24 am »
*and Yet again our favorite red eyes ranger comes and retacks his add on top of the others, adding this time a new type of arrows and bolts.*

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 11:18:12 pm »
*Comes and adds some new information yet again*

Pseudonym

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 11:23:34 pm »
1,000 x Oak with iron arrowheads - your choice of feathers
1,000 x Oak with silver arrowheads - your choice of feathers

Arkolio Salvorre

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 11:28:33 pm »
*fehriel leaves a message back*

I will get on it right away, you will receive a squirrel messenger when the order are ready. I would like to know your preference for the feathers though. Since silver are commonly for undead, I think Raven would be best suited for that need as it gives a buldgeoning damage. But that is up to you

Fehriel Cailomel
*A wolf print is drawn under his name*

Hellblazer

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 01:27:23 pm »
*A squirrel runs off of Feh shoulder and starts to sniff for Arkolio*

Hellblazer

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 03:41:42 pm »
*adds some more things to his posters and repins it over the others*

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 11:50:58 pm »
*he comes back after several months and pins the add back up*

Pseudonym

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 12:07:47 am »
Dear Sir

I seek to purchase an oak shortbow and your price of 1,500 true is most reasonable. I shall make your acquaintance at soonest convenience.

*an elaborate ~oO C Oo~ set into red wax*

Hellblazer

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 03:14:22 am »
*Fehriel comes and looks at the add*

Mr C, your bow is ready. You can send me a bird to let me know of where and when to meet.

Fehriel Cailomel

Hellblazer

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 12:44:16 pm »
*Fehriel comes back and corrects some informations, then adds Mahogany arrows to his list*

Hellblazer

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 09:28:22 pm »
*Fehriel comes again and cleans the tacked parchments that were placed over his own poster.*

Hellblazer

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 11:27:12 pm »
*Fehriel comes back a few days later and pins a new add on his own poster after clearing it again from the unwanted adds.*

If you wish good deals, without paying the market trade up of greedy guild workers. Then Cailomel Archery is the place to be. The arrows are are straights and flies true. The bows are strong and light. Even the pawn brokers would pay more than I charge for my goods. So why pay more to groups that are in only for the profit and who would deal with any one with trues, even those that would put your own life at risk. When you can have it for a fraction of the price they charge.

Fehriel Cailomel

SteveMaurer

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 01:13:26 am »
In a big scrawl, the following is written:
I gotta friend who is an officer, and to make her happy, I need to get a Oak Short Bow.   Ill pay for it.  Is that OK?

ROTTie

Hellblazer

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 07:30:30 pm »
*Fehriel pens down*

I will have one ready for you very soon.

Fehriel Cailomel

lonnarin

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 04:17:38 am »
20 logs of mahogany towards ah mahogany heavy crossbow.  Got yer logs ready.  Pick em up soon.

-Kurn Blackwater