The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Corn Sale - 8 Boxes  (Read 237 times)

Riven

Corn Sale - 8 Boxes
« on: May 07, 2008, 09:41:31 pm »
*Poster in Hempstead and Vehl craft halls*

Corn Sale
8 Boxes for 1750 per box = 14,000 true
4 Boxes for 1875 per box = 7,500 true
1 Box for 2000 per box

~Riven Ring-Cleaver
Twin Dragon Trade Goods and Saddlebag Pawn
137 Leringard

Lynn1020

Re: Corn Sale - 8 Boxes
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:54:26 pm »
*A female dressed in dark leathers stops to read the poster. Then can be heard mumbling to herself as she walks out*

No wonder all the cornfields are empty...

cbnicholson

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 10:40:27 am »
*snickers as he reads the note* "Enterprisin bugger he is."  *Writes a reply* I'll take a box fer two thousand true.  *leaves a description of himself*  Ben Poetr.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Riven

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 02:01:10 pm »
*The smells of spiced cider waft through the crisp early morning air, as servants build up the fire in the wide hearth of the hall of the Twin Dragons. A bleary-eyed minstrel combs his locks, nodding to the dawn customers. He greets the spiky-haired merchant behind the trade counter, and speaks.*

"So that's what ye've been up to Riven....the last several weeks? Dancing in the corn fields?"

*The bright-eyed Ranger flashes a wide grin, as he glances up from the many boxes of corn he's inspecting and sorting.*

"Nay, nay, I haven't been in a corn field in months. Nay, while Slip has been tending the merchant booth, I've been in the Whitehorn, meditating by the banks of a stream. Communing with the Light of stars and moon and sun. Breathing Light into my blood and bones and mind. Finding an inner peace to nourish my heart and spirit in these dark times."

*He gives the corn a wry grin, before continuing*

"All these boxes of corn were dropped off by weary travellers who wished to unload their burdensome packs upon the Saddlebag Pawn. So, *shrugs gracefully* what could I say to them? So I have bought these boxes at a discount, and am looking to sell them. And judging by a few notes delivered here, I'd say they are either sold or almost all sold. Say, have I showed you this golden harp?"

*Riven gingerly unlocks a box of dark wood, and unwraps a delicate golden harp from  the padding within. He gently strums the string, a lyrical melody unfolding from his fingertips, as his eyes half-close. A grin and a red flush flash across his face and he hands the harp to the minstrel*

"Heh, not an expert as ye are, at playing my heart song. But I do delight in it..."

Riven

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:39:28 pm »
*Riven checks the poster in a craft hall and sees Ben's note and description*

"Isn't he one of Slip's friends from the Angels?"

*Riven writes a small note under Ben's*

"Greetings Sir! I'll send Slip or myself to meet you at the Angels Guild, or you can come to the Twin Dragons at 137 Leringard."

*He scribes a short note to Ben and drops it off at the Angels Guild*

ystrday

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 07:37:30 pm »
Will take the four boxes of corn

*signed Tegan*

Riven

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 12:58:34 pm »
*Riven pens a response to Tegan, and sends a messenger to drop it off at her home in Dregar*

Greetings Tegan!
Happily will I pass four boxes on to you. I'll arrange for Slip or myself to meet you soon!
Enjoy,
Riven

anything