The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Grand Opening - the Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop!  (Read 3132 times)

Riven

Grand Opening - the Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop!
« on: September 04, 2011, 03:53:56 pm »
*Small posters are placed in Major Cities and on the bulletin boards in Crafts Halls*

Grand Opening!
The Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop
[/B]

Tired of selling your crafted or unused or outgrown items for diddlysquat at a pawn shop?
Now you can trade in your items for full value!

I am hoping that this shop serves the adventurers and heroes of the realms. Please let me know how it can serve you more fully. We are beginning with 18 chests and only 115 magical items (and 33 scrolls). I invite independent crafters to trade their goods to the shop to fill the chests (for Trade Credit).

Here are the guidelines:

•   Trade your items in to the shop and take items of equal value.
•   Trade higher valued items than what you take for a credit at the shop.
•   Trade lesser valued items than what you take, and make up for it in coin.
•   For all items taken from the shop there is a 10% of value charge in True to cover shop expenses, such as rent, furniture, upkeep of the shop, and the eventual expansion of the shop.
•   Every trade requires a note left for Riven detailing the trade. (// post on this thread in the forum and PLEASE LIST ALL VALUES OF ITEMS TAKEN AND GIVEN (I may not have time to check for you)//).
•   The Shop accepts no more than two of any specific item (unless it’s stackable items like scrolls or potions), so before you drop your item in a chest Examine the chest first to see if there are already two items in it. If a chest is full (but does not have two of the item) then place the item in the Overflow Chest. If the Overflow Chest is full, then we cannot accept the item in trade (until the shop expands to larger space and more chests).

TRADE VALUE OF CRAFTED GOODS: the Barter Shop uses the prices of Cailomel’s Shop for crafted goods (see his posters for prices).

* Bronze Weaponry are half the trade value of Iron Weaponry.
* Enhanced Weapons are 75% of the trade value of the specific weapon and specific enhancement.

TRADE VALUE OF FOUND TREASURES (DROPPED GOODS): For now, the Barter Shop will use 100% of Lens Pricing for dropped goods, with the following trade value exceptions:

PRICE EXCEPTIONS (and please contact me if you think there should be more exceptions) -

Brawlers Belt, Swordsman’s Belt, Archer’s Belt: 2500 True Trade Value (instead of the lens price of 1500)

All dropped/found Leather, Studded Leather, or Hide armors have the following trade value:
Leather +1 - 1,250 True in Trade Value
Studded Leather +1 - 1,500
Leather +2 – 3,000
Studded Leather +2 – 3,600
Leather +3 – 7,000
Studded Leather +3 – 8,400

All dropped/found metal armors have the following trade value:
+1 metal armors = the value of that armor in Iron.
+2 metal armors = the value of that armor in Platinum.
+3 metal armors = the value of that armor in Adamantium

Trade Value of all Scrolls:
Lv. 1 – 256 True Trade Value
Lv. 2 – 368
Lv. 3 – 641
Lv. 4 – 1,603
Lv. 5 – 3,206
Lv. 6 – 6,412
Lv. 7 – 23,750
Lv. 8 – 36,000
Lv. 9 – 57,000
Raise Dead Scroll 9,000

Silver and Topaz ring 1500
Silver and Alexandrite ring 1500
Silver and Sapphire ring 2000
Crow Feather Necklace 600

Oak club 800
Oak Quarterstaff 1250
Oak Speak 1500
Mahogany club 2500
Mahogany quarterstaff 5000
Mahogany Spear 5250
Yew  Club 40,000

Oak Shield (small) 2,500
Oak Shield (large) 3,000
Oak Shield (tower) 3,500
Mahogany Shield (small) 10,000
Mahogany Shield (large) 11,000
Mahogany Shield (tower) 12,000

Compound Oak Shorbow or Longbow 5500
Compound Mahogany Shortbow 10,000
Compound Mahogany Longbow 12,000

ARROWS (count of 500) (these prices include any type of feathers)
Oak Copper-Tipped: 750
Oak Bronze-Tipped: 1,000
Oak Iron-Tipped: 1500
Mahogany Copper-Tipped: 1500
Mahogany Bronze-Tipped: 2000
Mahogany Iron-Tipped: 2500

Special Weapons and Armors
(others not listed below may also have a special price)
Bloodfall Longsword 2500
Coward's Blade Shortsword 1500
Snakefang dagger 1250
Swashbuckler's Sabre Rapier 2500
Last Defense Greatsword 2500
Walking Stick of the Hierophant 500
Dragonskin Buckler 7,500
Dragonscale Bracers 15,000

LOCATION: Twin Dragon Inn, 137 Leringard, owned by Tyrian Baldu’muur.
The Twin Dragon Inn is located on the Southwest side of the residential area of Leringard. It is a three-story building just East of a fountain, with no sign upon the building at present. Leringard can be sailed to from Hempstead, or hiked to (North of Krandor, East to Fort Llast, North to Blackford Castle, skirt castle on West side, North to Palden Lake, and take the West fork to Leringard).

FINDING THE SHOP INSIDE THE INN: From the main room of the lodge, take the furthest and most left door. This opens into a hall – turn right and follow it to the end to a large room that houses two different shops.

THERE ARE TWO SHOPS AT THE TWIN DRAGON: Tyrian Baldu’muur and his Apprentice Alton Tealeaf run Tyrian’s Trade Goods (chests marked in red). You are invited to purchase any of their goods for True Coins. Their prices are very reasonable and they are usually open to negotiations. At the far side of the room is the Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop (chests marked in gold). Examine the bookcase and the room divider for further details and instruction.

FREE SPELL COMPONENTS: In the Barter Shop there is one chest for freely giving and freely taking spell components.

ALL ARE WELCOME ANYTIME: The doors to Twin Dragon Inn are always open. Come warm yourself by one of the fireplaces in this elaborately decorated Inn.

FREE PORTAL IN MAIN ROOM OF THE INN: Feel free to make use of the portal in the lodge.

ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR RENT: Leave a note for Tyrian Baldu’muur or Alton Tealeaf regarding rooms for rent at the Twin Dragon Inn.

GIVE PRIVACY TO RESIDENTS: Please give other residents of the Inn Privacy - meaning, please do not open any door, other than the doors to gain access to the shops. Anyone caught snooping or thieving will be dealt with harshly by Tyrian's guards.

If you have ideas or suggestions, please send me a note at the Twin Dragon Inn. I welcome your ideas, and I look forward to meeting you!

~Riven Ring-Cleaver
Proprietor, Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop

RollinsCat

Re: Grand Opening - the Saddlebag Pawn Barter Shop!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 10:47:35 pm »
A note in cramped script.

Took an iron sabre.

Left a designer ring, a suit of cougar leather armor, a bronze bascinet, and a hundred and twenty-five gold.

Ty R-D

Riven

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 04:00:32 pm »
*Riven excitedly reads the note*

"Our first customer! Yes! Now we just need the Crafters and Seasoned Adventurers to start creating Trade Credit with their items and we'll fill the chests with goods of interest to many!"

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 11:17:36 pm »
Gel wanders by and speaks with Riven after he gets a sense of what is going on.

I will be making a few items soon that I will be happy to plop in to your store.  Look for me soon!

Guardian 452

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 12:59:41 pm »
*leaves a letter at the new shop*

As a Sledge of The Master Crafter. I am presently refining copper and tin ore into ingots, then making bronze ingots.

My current level of skill and lack of apprenticeship will not allow me to progress into making actuall items at this time.

Would your shop have interest in my copper, tin, and bronze ingots?
I can also cut and polish lesser quality mineral stones.

~Raghnall
Sledge of Dorand

Riven

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 02:26:31 pm »
*Riven pens a letter to Raghnall*
Good to hear from you Raghnall! We don't have room at the store just yet for ingots and crafting resources. It's a tight space and i've filled it with all the chests I can, and there is no room for that. However, one day we'll expand and maybe we'll offer that service.
Come by and see me sometime and I'll show you around the shop!
~Riven

Riven

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:35:55 pm »
A burly mail-covered dwarf with mud-stained boots walks into the Twin Dragon Inn and stops dead in his tracks. His jaw drops gazing at the two huge dragon statues. Then he peers about, eyes wide. His companion, a woman dressed in forest colors, continued walking, unabashed.

“Mighty luxurious place this...don’t seem right to trek in here with muddy boots fresh from the forests.”

A fountain near the door serves him well for a quick wipe of his boots. Whether his deed was seen or unseen by the serving folk of the Inn, he doesn’t look around to check.

The two pass a free portal, half surrounded by plants and decorations.

Bron says, “Well that’s handy! Leringard is a long tromp from Center, and I won’t ride in those sway-beasts that cross the sea unless I must!”

He adjusts the weight of his full rucksack and grunts a bit. Then eases himself down in a cushy chair next to the largest of the fireplaces, grinning like a kid. But the lass was antsy to see the shop and be out quick, so they headed to the left corner door and surveyed the forbidding sign.

“Well, the poster said through this door!” and Bron marched through.
The lass held back, wondering if the poster was mistaken, afterall the sign was not welcoming.

Down the hall and around to the right and there it was – a large room housing two shops, full of chests, a handful of armored guards, and a Halfling scribe who seemed to be cataloging a few items.

The two travelers studied the guidelines and rules of the shop, but Bron was muttering and shaking his head. Finally he approached the Halfling scribe.

“So, what’s the low-down on this place, eh? How does it work?”

The Halfling peered at him over his spectacles, his eyes lingering with a distasteful expression on the ragged iron chainmail that almost covered Bron’s frame, ending just above his wide belly.

“The sign says it all, Sir,” spoke the Halfling formally, and then he turned back to his ledger.

Bron’s brow furrowed and his tone deepened in irritation. “I read the sign, scribler, and if I’m askin ye for how it works, it means I don’t understand the sign. So explain it!” The last few words were raised well above the needed volume, causing two of the guards to close their visors and loosen the blades in their sheathes.

The Halfling looked stunned momentarily, then spoke up swiftly, “Sir, it’s really quite simple. Place your items in the chest, and take whatever you’d like of equal value. Then pay a 10% fee in coin of any item you took. Trade more than what you take and you end up with a credit for later use. Trade less than what you take and you owe True for the difference. Understand?”

The dwarf nodded, but his eyes were straying to some very fancy red-brown boots in the halfling’s hands. Flames were etched in gold along the edges of the supple leather.

“What be those?”

“Er, sir, these boots were just recently traded in, along with a very nice Cloak of Azatta, and a heavy mace. They are called Boots of Vivacity. They increase your armor, and grant fire resistance.”

Bron grunted, “that can be handy at the forge, fer sure...the fire protection that is.”

“And,” the Halfling spoke up, “they grant you a boost in your performance skills. Ahem...not that you would care of course.”

Bron glowered at the scribe, “how would you know I don’t care, hm? I’ve been known to chant some mightily intimidating battle chants when me blood rushes fierce-like!”

“I...can imagine,” the scribe replied, bravely trying not to be intimidated. “And the last thing the boots grant are a boost to one’s ability to Taunt.”

“HA! To Taunt? Nothing pleases me more than to see my enemy turn red in embarrassment! I’ll take them!”

The Halfling looked greatly surprised, and cautiously pleased. “Really?” he replied, “but....they are quite valuable – worth 5452 True in trade value. No offense, but, you look rather ragged to have much to trade.”

Bron’s look of excitement about the boots changed to quiet rage. His face turned red, his eyes widened and began to darken. His fist unconsciously clenched, and it took effort not to grab the annoying runt in front of him. “Listen you pen-pushin’ pencil-lickin’ pipsqueak...” Bron began in an intimidating tone.

“Guards?” the trembling Halfling managed to whisper.

Bron’s voice became more hoarse as he spoke, “Ye don’t be judging a dwarven berzerker by his ragged edges! I’ve got plenty to trade, and if ye insult me again I’ll be stuffin that pen in yer inkhole and tossin ye across the room! Even if the guards turn me black and blue, get it?”

“ye...yes.”

“I’ll take those boots, and I’ll have me a look around. I be needing an iron warhammer, seein as how I’m only makin bronze these days.”

Slightly emboldened by the presence of two guards who had moved up to flank Bron, the Halfling spoke up, albeit in a voice that wavered, “We...Sir....don’t have an iron warhammer....we do have a bronze one...”

“WHAT? And ye call yerselves a shop? What shop don’t have an iron warhammer! It’s the best weapon fer smackin some sense in sprite-sized self-important bookworms!”

“We...only have what crafters and adventurers put in the chests, Sir.”

“You mean ye have no control of inventory? What kind of a joke shop is this? I trudged all the way from Center to trade my good bronze weaponry, and a suit of platinum full plate armor I won at an auction, mind ye. And ye be offering me a bronze warhammer? I kin make one! Well...as soon as I learn a bit o carpentry I can!”

Bron fumed silently, and moved off to look through chests of goods.

The lass he had chanced upon in the woods and who accompanied him here was staring longlingly at a few items in the boots and belts chest...but then she sighed and closed the chest. “One day...soon.” She said, in a low voice. She turned to Bron and nodded, saying, “I need to head to a meeting. Thank you for showing me where the shop is.”

“Aye lass, anytime. A pleasure traveling with ye.”

Not long after that Bron carried an armful of goods to the scribe.
“I’m takin these goods, and here be the values as best as I kin see it.
Bronze warhammer, valued at 625 True.
Boots of Vivacity, valued at 5452 True
Boots of the Cougar, valued at 459 True
Robe of Acid, valued at 552 True
Cougar Pouch, valued at 917 True.
Total value taken 8005 True.”

I’m giving the shop these fine bronze weapons I made:
Bronze falchion, dagger, katar, and darts, total valued at 1,500 True. Bronze weaponry be valued at half iron, aye?
One suit of platinum full plate armor, valued at 5000 True.
And three scrolls of level 2, and two scrolls of level 1, valued at 1,616 True.
Total value given 8116 True.
That gives me a Trade Credit of 111 True, aye?

Bron glares at the Halfling until the Halfling nods assent. Then he empties his coin pouch into his thick hand counting, frowning with concentration.

“Now I owe ye 10% of what I take, aye? That’s what....812 True? And here be almost all the True I have – 462 coins. I owe ye 350 True more. Good?”

The Halfling piped up, “er...Sir....i’m not sure if we accept IOU’s.”

Bron edged closer to the Halfling, his lips twitching. “What do ye mean 'not sure’. Is it in the rules on that placard or not?”

“er...no sir...Riven, the Proprietor has not specified if IOU’s are acceptable. But...no offense, but not all customers can be expected to be honest ... Sir.””

Bron smacked his armor with a fist, the other hand opened and out came tumbling the 462 gold coins onto the low table next to the Halfling. “Well then, we have our anwer don’t we? It’s not in the rules to NOT do IOU’s, so here be an IOU from Bron Smith. IOU 350 True. If Riven has a problem with that he kin find me at Center craft hall, or in the smithy at that fort near the goblin caves. And Bron, however ragged he may be, is honorable and honest. Or do ye doubt me...?”

At Bron’s intimidating stare the Halfling just shook his head, “no” and started scribing the details of the transaction.

Guardian 452

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 06:25:32 pm »
*this note is left at the new pawn shop*

I took an interest to your special 25 bolts in your ammunition chest. (Bolts of Teleportation).
 (Lense value 5200, lvl 9)

I am leaving 200 Copper, Oak, Stirge arrows and 150 plain arrows that ive enchanted with electricity (1d4 electric damage).

Should this be in insufficient trade, please let me know and I can sweeten the deal.

(EDIT) I have also added 520 True to the donation chest, 10% of the items value I recieved.

~Enzo Reynolt

thedagda

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:06:16 pm »
A halfling with a scraggly beard trots in dragging behind him a suit of panther leather and suit of white stag leather, he tosses them in the chest with other leathers and peruses the other goods.

"Um...can I just leave these for a bit of credit?  I'm in the market for some rings that will make my muscles bigger or make it so I don't get sick much.  If you get anything like that in, I'd be interested.  If you don't want the leathers just donate 'em or toss 'em, I can make more if I need them."

As he heads for the door he yells over his shoulder "Oh!  The name's Tramel...Tramel of Wayfare!"

Riven

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 12:06:30 pm »
*Tinpin, the halfling scribe pokes his head up from behind a chest*

"Aye, Sir Tramel. Your credit is now...urm...3,770 True! And if ye let me know how to contact you I may be able to send ye a note when a jeweler drops off strength enhancing rings and necklaces. And do consider crafting panther and white stag in studded leather or hide, Sir, I'm sure we'll have customers looking for them!"

Riven strolls in, reads the note from Enzo, nods in approval and pens a note to him, sending it to Folian's Vale.

Riven

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 10:43:43 pm »
Riven tallies up the items just delivered from Folian's Vale, and pens a note to Enzo, while talking to himself.

"A Cloak of Mystery, eh? That will make some rogue happy! and a Ring of Divinity of the First Order, an Oak Club, two scroll cases, and a Combust scroll. Add these to the arrows, and he has a store credit, as these are worth far more than the Teleportation Bolts."

Riven examines five more items, before placing them in the chests.

"A necklace, and two belts - Healers Hug! Wonderful! And a Ring of Might. That will make a martialist very happy! and a Parasol of Shock Resistance. These are rare items, it seems to me. Very generous of Lady Elohanna! I best send her a note of thanks and of her store credit."

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 08:40:04 pm »
Gel'larian enters with a large bundle.

Seven Panther Cloaks, Two belts of tiger skin.  I will go look around.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 08:47:43 pm »
After looking through the chests, Gel'larian sees some silver jewelry, puts it in a pouch and drops some coin in the chest.

//took sapphire set in silver, one ring and one amulet.  No price from Cailomel, so I used then lense price.  3316T combined.  I left 332T.  Let me know if I owe more.

SteveMaurer

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 02:37:44 am »
Upon opening the chests, people may be surprised to discover equipment which has mysteriously appeared, along with the following note:

To whom it may concern:

I have added these to your chests.

~ One Iron Rapier
~ One Mahogany Longbow
~ One Regular Flight of Fancy
~ One Greater Flight of Fancy
~ One Last Defense
~ One Crow Feather Necklace
~ One Enchanted Mithril Buckler

~ One Circle of Death Scroll
~ Two Mass Haste Scrolls
~ One Stone to Flesh Scroll
~ One Flesh to Stone Scroll
~ One Ball Lightning Scroll
~ One Undeath to Death Scroll
~ One Greater Stoneskin Scroll
~ One Etherial Visage Scroll

I find it exceedingly unlikely that I shall ever need anything from your barter establishment, but if anything strikes my fancy, I will simply take it.

~ Lady Z.

SteveMaurer

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 02:44:05 am »
Upon opening the chests, people may be surprised to discover equipment which has mysteriously appeared, along with the following note:
To whom it may concern:

I have added these to your chests.

~ One Iron Rapier

~ One Mahogany Longbow
~ One Regular Flight of Fancy
~ One Greater Flight of Fancy
~ One Last Defense
~ One Crow Feather Necklace
~ One Enchanted Mithril Buckler

~ One Circle of Death Scroll

~ Two Mass Haste Scrolls
~ One Stone to Flesh Scroll
~ One Flesh to Stone Scroll
~ One Ball Lightning Scroll
~ One Undeath to Death Scroll
~ One Greater Stoneskin Scroll
~ One Etherial Visage Scroll

I find it almost unthinkable that I should ever be interested in anything from your fine barter establishment, but tell you now that if anything strikes my fancy, I shall simply take it.

~ Lady Z.

Riven

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 01:03:43 pm »
Tinpin, the halfling scribe of the Barter Shop is, in fact, exceedingly surprised by the note and the donation of items! He pens a note to Riven to alert him to this mysterious support of the shop, and says "Thank you!" out loud a few times, just in case it was a deity that had stopped by.

Then he pens a note to Gel'larian, talking to himself, "tsk tsk....only two of each item allowed in the chests! More than that and there will end up being no room for other items!"

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 03:06:00 pm »
*A young woman with long red hair, and dressed with a long white and black dress, enters the inn, and moves towards where the halfling is, looking at him with piercing green eyes, she finally speak *

Greetings Master merchant .

I brought here this for your fine stablishment in name of the Stargazer family, Master Lance sent us a bird informing me to deliver this personally in token for his support the entrerpeurism of your stablishment, as he has done in the past.

He sends his regard and apologizes for not coming perosnally, since he is on a trip right now.

**she then bows and start to head away after being dismissed *

// Put One necklace of bulls I , and two rings of fox cunning 1 as well .
Cheers .

Riven

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 04:07:52 pm »
Tinpin bows profusely, stammering, "and I, Lady, wish my Master Riven was here to meet you personally. Actually, if I am not mistaken, he is on an errand for the good the Master Stargazer. Please convey my Master's deepest gratitude for the contribution to this endeavor. I am sure a fine adventurer will greatly appreciate these items, and be of good service to the realm."

thedagda

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 04:33:39 pm »
Leathan, a middle age man strolls through the shop and offers two rings enchanted with the wisdom of owls to Tinpin "I would like to donate these and in partial trade I would like the necklace enchanted with the cunning of a fox.  I believe that would leave me with a meager credit and a ten percent donation of two hundred and fourteen True, yes?"

He waits for a reply and hands over the ten percent fee with a slight nod "For your ledgers the credit will be in the name of Leathan Lampter.  I shall stop in on occasion and peruse your wares so there is no need of you having to send a message by post."

He tips his head with a slight smile and heads for the door.

Riven

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 08:15:03 pm »
Tinpin scribbles the transaction and thanks the gentleman.
"thank you very much, Sir. I have recorded a Trade Credit of 1,340 True for Leathan Lamptor."

anything