The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Jewelry Sale  (Read 393 times)

Goldwin Blacknight

Jewelry Sale
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:34:56 am »
Ring of Wizardry II....lvl 9....3500 xtra 2nd circle slots

Ring of Divinity II....lvl 9....3500 xtra 2nd circle slots

Ring of Endurance II....lvl 12....7000

Ring of Fox II....lvl 12....7000

Amulet of Bulls II....lvl 11....6500

Amulet of Fox II....lvl 11....6500

Amulet of Cats II....lvl 11....6500

Amulet of Eagles II....lvl 11....6500

Amulet Emerald in Silver....lvl 10....+2 universal....8000

Prayer Beads....lvl 4....Bless 1/day....1000

There are several available of a few of the above items. First come first served.

The following users thanked this post: Erik K

Pen N Popper

Re: Jewelry Sale
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:38:19 am »
Goldwin~
I'd be interested in the amulet of bull's strength.
~Rolan Tennesen

mumbles

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:44:48 am »
*voon sees the notice and the name*

Goldy such fine rings and amulets shouldnt be sold at a third of there true Value ,Surly your hard work is worth more than that and if you cant get there true value on the open market surly of all people youd be the first to donate them to Dorand , No ?

Signed
Voon Loom
fire Opal of Her Perfection

Blackguy

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:52:21 am »
* Lin'da walks past the notice and adds in on Voons chime *

I couldn't agree more with Voon, than what he have already said. This is a clear display of disrespect against the people trying to make a living in this line of business. Be it guilds and trade compagnies, or individuals. I suggest you take notice of a larger trade compagny, and adjust your prices accordingly.

Singed

Lin'da Sulkolindo
Proud member of Raven Trade Compagny.

Goldwin Blacknight

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:08:34 am »
I understand your feelings towards the market. There are many who have the skills to make what I WAS selling here, but few take the time to offer them to the public. In essence-the public never benefits from the market and remains vulnerable to the dangers that stalk this land. Since these items are just some of my old things cluttering up my house I will sell them off to the nearest pawnbroker in order to keep the non existant market up.  SALE OVER.........Sincerely-Goldwin

Heinz Rondorf

• Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 11:10:33 am »
Sounds like some of the "Guilds" are getting a little greedy.

*signed* Frederick Alexander

// If I had no need for something and a lower char needed it, do to me wanting to actually help them I would sell it for no more than half the price, or I might even give it for free. Do not get me wrong, not all Guilds are like this. There are a lot of good Guilds out there.

I agree with Blacknight.

P.S. Guild people are some of the richest people in the game.

Riven

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 11:25:56 am »
Quote from: Goldwin Blacknight
I understand your feelings towards the market. There are many who have the skills to make what I WAS selling here, but few take the time to offer them to the public. In essence-the public never benefits from the market and remains vulnerable to the dangers that stalk this land. Since these items are just some of my old things cluttering up my house I will sell them off to the nearest pawnbroker in order to keep the non existant market up.  SALE OVER.........Sincerely-Goldwin

*Riven ponders this, then pens a note to Goldwin*

Dear Sir,
I appreciate and support the spirit of your wish to aid adventurers in defending the thousands who live in the cities. Perhaps the Saddlebag Pawn Shop can be of service to you and them. If you are seeking a pawn shop, We'd be happy to hold your items on commission, sell them at fair market value, while giving you a 50% commission. That way adventurers have access to your wares, you receive true without having to track down buyers, and the guilds cannot complain that a price is too low, though it is often the case that the single crafter or treasure-collector does commonly sell slightly lower than guilds do. Although the Saddlebag Pawn Shop generally only buys and sells used and new weaponry and shields, in this case, perhaps we can make an exception and be of service. Please send a response to 146 Krandor.
Sincerely,
Riven Ring-Cleaver

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 12:16:26 pm »
HEY GOLDY! STOP UNDERCUTTING MY PRICES!

~Shiff :p

//And just as an OOC note, Ferrit and Kyle of the Angels are NOT well off as I recall from conversations with Serissa.  Also, Shiff IC Was only ever Rich because he sold an Emerald for 200k once.  So you might think when you buy that 20k ammy from a guild the player gets it.  Wrong, it gets split between the guild mates, and Also.  It can cost a LOT of money to even get the gold, silver, mithril, whatever and even the Diamonds and Gems in time and IG money for supplies to make these rings.  The only reason Shiff's prices have been lower then average are because Shiff Gets everything himself (usually) so doesnt charge to cover expenses  :)

Just thought you all should know

jrizz

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 01:00:07 pm »
*wren walks in and reads through the posts, he takes out a quill and writes* Now that these other traders shut you down Goldwin I expect in very short order an Emerald in Silver amulet to be posted for sale by one of them. And I hope they dont shame themselves with a reply like "bring me the stuff and I will make it for you".

Wren

jrizz

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 01:22:32 am »
*after a few days Wren comes in a checks the board again. He writes:*
I see those that shut you down Goldwin have nothing to say for themselves. So it seems the trade guilds are now shutting down people that are selling things that they cant provide as well. What is next protection gold demands?

Wren

mumbles

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 05:40:30 am »
I have plenty to Say on the matter For instance I have a range of diamond Jewlry lying around , a aray of emerald Jewlry for that matter to that i hardly use .
i dont offer any of my services on the open market for he ONE reason i know they will never reach the true value they are worth , Now Goldy i dont mean this a personal Dig ive seen your bank account i know your not that poor that you need the trues .

But when someone comes and asks if il make something im more and happy to help , but i hardly ever take Trues for instance i made a set of rings for someone and i didnt take a true instead they spent a month in the desert digging sand for me *shrugs a little*

Maybe its better we just talk face to face goldy

Voon Loom

Pibemanden

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 06:15:58 am »
If you really want a price for two emeralds set in silver I can give you one. I am pretty sure you know where emeralds are found as most who has replied here might too, but I can tell you that it involves great danger getting these gems. So I would be able to sell you the said amulet for 300.000 trues with a garrentie that it is newly made and not stolen from anyone, plus the fact that it is made to last centuries from when it is made which would be right after you have given the order to me.

*Signed*Storold Doesscha, protector of the Weave

mumbles

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 06:55:32 am »
*laughs with a smile*
Id Dig out an emerald set in silver and sell it to you Wren for that Price if you like

akata

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 08:09:48 am »
*chuckles and shakes her head* Surely you are joking Wren, make a fair offer and we are more then willing to provide you with said piece of jelwery. I can tell you I find Storolds offer to be an absolut minium for the item you are requesting.

// If I had no need for something and a lower char needed it, do to me wanting to actually help them I would sell it for no more than half the price, or I might even give it for free. Do not get me wrong, not all Guilds are like this. There are a lot of good Guilds out there.

I agree with Blacknight.

P.S. Guild people are some of the richest people in the game.

//for the ooc part of this thread:
There is a very good reason to why guilds got a standard price and it has nothing to do with greed or a desire not to help new players.

If standard prices are removed any reason for starting a crafter are removed as a  guild would always be able to flood the market and undercut an independant crafter.

mumbles

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 08:40:37 am »
//guilds are also a privalage people have spent for the latter part years building up theyve spent years  to get them to the stage that they are today , the way i see it you should be willing to pay there prices for the convenance of being abel to get your hands on whatt you want ASAP as most guilds have the lesser items in stock *shrugs* yes you can go to an indepent trader who might hvae it cheaper but then again theyl take a few days to make it and for all the people who have little time or work heavy hours like ive started to do it makes it easier so they have more time to do what we all come here to do and thats have fun .

jrizz

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 11:45:05 am »
*Wren walks in a reads the posts. He writes:*
Pretty much what I thought I would hear *he laughs to himself and then looks up and down the list again* I still dont see a silver and emerald amulet offered here. Well at least not for what it is worth. Asking 300,000 true for one of those is like asking top price for a mithril weapon of a type that no one or very few use. A mithril dire mace wont sell if you post it but a mithril long sword will bring you riches. The same goes for this amulet. Here I will test it and show you I am right. *takes out a new parchment and writes something, then he nails it up*

mumbles

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 11:48:09 am »
Amulet Emerald in Silver....lvl 10....+2 universal....8000
*voon coughs pointing*

So you think 8000 trues is a fair price for this Amulet Wren?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 11:54:44 am »
*Reads Wren's post, looks at his Mithril Greatsword, then considers the Emerald he traded for it, thought about how hard it was to get
 the Emerald, grins and walks away grinning*

"Poor Hardy...  He got robbed..."

jrizz

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 11:57:40 am »
*Wren turns when he hears Voon's voice*
No Voon I think a fair price for such an item is between 10,000 and 15,000 true *he says* But still I dont see them listed by any guild or crafter ever *he pauses* Can you tell me why that is? I am sure the answer is "who in their right mind would put two emeralds in silver?". So it is an item that no crafter or guild will list as available. So the real price is, whatever someone will pay for it.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 12:02:34 pm »
//Thats true with anything...

The trick is figuring out the MOST people will pay for something...  ;)

anything