The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Looking for rings to help me identify things  (Read 253 times)

Crunch

Looking for rings to help me identify things
« on: March 24, 2008, 03:05:01 pm »
I'm looking for rings and what not that would help me identify the items I find as I wander the world.  I've found those pesky pawnbrokers try to cheat me every time if I don't know exactly what I'm trying to sell.

Bart

//Looking for items to improve my lore, but I'm not sure that there is jewelry that helps with this.

darkstorme

Re: Looking for rings to help me identify things
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:33:40 pm »
*a hastily scrawled note is pinned underneath*

As far as I know, sir, there are no rings that would aid you as you describe.

There are, however, potions available, both from myself and others, which can accomplish the feat, albeit in a consumable fashion.

-Kell

Crunch

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 07:05:15 pm »
*sighs as he hefts his swelling pack onto his back*

Thank you friend.  I had feared as much, but thought the question was worth asking.  My only issue with the potions is they last such a short time.  

What is a dwarf to do?  Can't hardly be 'spected to leave perfectly sound lookin' armor and weapons lying about to rust.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:51:15 pm »
Mayhap you could bring your things by the Four Stars some time; both proprieters and a fair number of the regular patrons are well-versed in artifact lore.

~ Pyyran Rahth

Krell Himmler

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 11:17:09 pm »
I, the generous Count von Hass will be more than happy to identify your items for you for a 10% fee of the sale value. However if you would please to not bring me worthless junk such as bat dung and the like, I am sure you will learn in time to some degree whether something is worth something, or nothing.

Suffice to say interesting and unusual items and knowledge thereof is somewhat of a hobby for me.

Sincerest Regards,
Count von Hass
Westshire Estate
//Lucius Kaiser

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 11:20:45 pm »
With respect to Hass, Karn or I would be happy to tell you what a given trinket is and does, and, like as not, the tale behind it - at no charge other than the pleasure of mayhaps coming across something new.

It's a fine enough hobby, after all.

~ Pyyran Rahth
Proprieter, Four Stars Tavern
Haven City

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 01:29:03 am »
For helping focus your learned mind I suggest Sapphire Rings and Amulets.  They really do exist.  I set them in silver sometimes when I'm bored.  As for bargaining rings, I would try the Dorand's Helper or two.

-Farros Galdor

anything