The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Looking to buy and item for trade  (Read 403 times)

Aerimor

Looking to buy and item for trade
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:24:48 pm »
I am looking to buy or trade for the following items:

Dorand's Belt *is crossed out*
Boots of Hardiness (greater) //+2// - I am willing to pay 50,000 true.

I also have a the spell scroll for Greater Spell Mantle for trade.  It is of the ninth circle.

Please feel free to contact me here or in person.

~Aerimor

Chongo

Re: Looking to buy and item for trade
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 02:55:35 pm »
Quote from: Aerimor
Dorand's Belt - I am willing to pay 60,000 true.

Done and done.  If you are unable to find me about, seek out Emie, Ami, Wren, Drexia, Syton and refer them to my storage for the trade.

-Rukrym-

Blackguy

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:20:28 pm »
* linda looks up on the note and adds her own comment *

I thought I made myself clear last night at the raffle. The items won are not to be sold, traded, given or otherwise made a profit off. The item in question was donated for a good cause, and shall not serve as a means to making people get cheap tickets and selling the items won for profit.

As I also said, there was plenty of other items for people to benefit from, so even if a single item you wanted was taken, it doesnt justify to start trading items away.

All items are marked by the Foundation, and if anyone comes aross such a item other than the winner of them, please contact the foundation.

Lin'da Sul'kolindo

* she walks away from the trade post board very aggitated *

Chongo

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 03:33:30 pm »
*Writes on Lin's note*

Agreed, I am not interested in trading for the scroll you apparently won.  That aside, the belt is a separate matter and is one of several I own, and I will trade out to you for your gold.

-Rukrym-

Aerimor

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 03:48:08 pm »
No Lin'da you did not make yourself clear.  You never posted any such rules.  You made an anouncement AFTER I picked the item.  I immediately requested to trade it in. Which you denied, even though you allowed Kyle Pardon to trade an item he could not use.  You then conceded to me that it could be traded.  And as obsurd as it is for me to have limits placed on MY items, I conceded to your desires as posted on this post and only asked for a trade.

So not only are you out of line for failing to state redicilous rules before an event is held, you are out of bounds for stating them half way through.  You are then in the wrong again for not allowing me to fix the oversight you made while there was still time.  And lastly you are a lier for telling me I could trade it with your permission and now posting on my post griefing me for trying to uphold your silly rules.  You are a poor representative for the foundation, for lawful citizens and for anyone that keeps their word.  In future if you are going to be the face of a charitiable event...  Please post ALL rules in advance.  Then announce any changes at the begining of the event.  And lastly do not lie to someone under any circumstance.  Remember the cause, the cause was to raise money, not to decieve an honest elf and then to flat out lie to him and slander him for your miss-deeds.

If you wish to make your apology to me in person, I will meet you gladly.  If you are too short on memory or honor to rectify this and print yoru retraction here, then I will survive.  If you are honorable enough to print your retraction, I shall remove this reply and write it off to the fact you had so much on your mind and let bygones be bygones.

Yours in good faith and complete honesty,
~Aerimor

P.S.: Once again proving no good deed goes unpunished.  Try to oblige someone's silly post-fact rules and they still slander you in public!

Aerimor

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 03:49:30 pm »
Rukrym

I will gladly meet you for a purchase of one of your belts.  Please let me know when and where.

~Aerimor.

*Aerimor crosses off the belt form the below posted announcement*

Blackguy

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 04:03:22 pm »
Quote from: Aerimor
No Lin'da you did not make yourself clear.  You never posted any such rules.  You made an anouncement AFTER I picked the item.  I immediately requested to trade it in. Which you denied, even though you allowed Kyle Pardon to trade an item he could not use.  You then conceded to me that it could be traded.  And as obsurd as it is for me to have limits placed on MY items, I conceded to your desires as posted on this post and only asked for a trade.

So not only are you out of line for failing to state redicilous rules before an event is held, you are out of bounds for stating them half way through.  You are then in the wrong again for not allowing me to fix the oversight you made while there was still time.  And lastly you are a lier for telling me I could trade it with your permission and now posting on my post griefing me for trying to uphold your silly rules.  You are a poor representative for the foundation, for lawful citizens and for anyone that keeps their word.  In future if you are going to be the face of a charitiable event...  Please post ALL rules in advance.  Then announce any changes at the begining of the event.  And lastly do not lie to someone under any circumstance.  Remember the cause, the cause was to raise money, not to decieve an honest elf and then to flat out lie to him and slander him for your miss-deeds.

If you wish to make your apology to me in person, I will meet you gladly.  If you are too short on memory or honor to rectify this and print yoru retraction here, then I will survive.  If you are honorable enough to print your retraction, I shall remove this reply and write it off to the fact you had so much on your mind and let bygones be bygones.

Yours in good faith and complete honesty,
~Aerimor

P.S.: Once again proving no good deed goes unpunished.  Try to oblige someone's silly post-fact rules and they still slander you in public!

Your apology is accepted! Thank you for understanding.

Aerimor

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 04:16:23 pm »
If I did owe and apology, it would be made.  I am honorable.

You are a coward that hides behind words and swords apparently.  I will not be bullied because you have a name for yourself.

~Aerimor

Blackguy

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 04:27:49 pm »
* she sighs and writes a full post *

Lets get a few things straight here. My name have nothing to do with anything I write here, not before, not now, or in the future. I hold no position or power to sway people and I do not try to use whatever influence you think I may have to "bully" you.

Now at the raffle, Kyle told Katrien, not me, that he wanted to exchange the item, because he could not use the item, not because he could not sell it. You asked me if you could change yours, 10 minutes AFTER that kyle had traded his, and at around the time I announced that no items could be sold. I made that call during the raffle, because I thought it would be honest hardworking adventures that were supporting a raffle to build more homes, and not adventures with a mind to profit on item won at the raffle. But as I suspected i was right when you asked me to change it to something you could actually use. I also later found out that after I left, you asked Katrien to have the item exchange, as if she would say yes, when I said no. Do you think I make these decisions on my own?

I then told you no, to exchanging the item. If that no does not satisfy you, you are welcome to deliver the 3 items you won back at the foundation raffle, and I'll happily deliver your 18,000 true back aswell, and compensate the foundation out of my own pocket.

Yes its true that no rules were made about selling or trading items, but as I said, I didnt expect people to come for the raffle to profit on it.
I guess no raffles will be held again now, since its simply a unmoral playground for people to use as a place to gain more true to buy items they didnt win.

If you have any questions, your welcome to contact me personally. This post have been cluttered enough by mine and yours remarks.

* Lin'da walks away, signing her name and leaves a address for Aerimor to contact her on *

Aerimor

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 04:51:56 pm »
I will meet you, but I must reply to yet another slanderous statement you just made, I can not with respect to myself allow it to stand.

I did not ask Kat to exchange the item after you left.  You are either mis-informed or once again trying to slant things to make me look less than honest.  So please get your facts together and correct, because I will call you on them every time.  I do not put up with being lied to or slandered.

I do not appreciate any rules being changed after an agreement is made.  And I do not accept double standards.  I am sorry the person you choose to try to make an example of has a backbone, concept of fairness and the the desire to have his name cleared and shown to be true and just.

I have represented myself through the whole ordeal with public statements, and the willingness to come to an equitable solution.  I accepted your belated restrictions on my scroll, in an attempt to just let things go and move on with life.  What I do not accept is the slander and lies.  If you have an axe to grind, do not try to make me the grind-stone.

For our readers, I'd liek to point out how silly your post fact rules are.  If john doe was a mage, did not make the auction and then was awarded mithral full plate. The according to your rules that he did not know about when he bought his tickets, he would not be allowed to sell or trade that item, that you picked for him.  How does that benifiet anyone?  If you will not listen to whatever morals you have, then let sense speak.  

I will be visiting you in person as I am curious to your failed memory and your justification for the lack of common sense as well as what burning self imposed 'rights' give you the power to make up rules as you go along.

~Aerimor

Blackguy

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 05:29:48 pm »
The rules apply for all, its not only you, even if they were made during the raffle. No person would be given an item they could not use, if they had provided me with lists for which items they wanted.

And there is no agreement made between any people, there is no binding contract for you or for us to uphold. We follow a moral line instead, but it seems you are determined to break it.

Seeing from all the happy people that attended the raffle, you are the only one acting out like this, because you believe we are slandering you, which is not correct. As if your life would not go on if you could not sell the scroll, thats silly. If you had been given the scroll from us in the raffle, you could have said, look I cant use the scroll cause I dont know how the Arcane works. Then we could have said, thats fair, he wants something he cant use, we'll give him that. But instead you kept the scroll in hopes that you could profit on it, seeing as you only payed 6,000 for it, and then sell it or trade it for alot more than that. Yes you chose to get more true instead of actually taking an item you could benifit from.

Oh but your right in one thing, you did not tell Katrien to change an item after the raffle. You and your twin brother are easy to mistake. For that I will give you an apoligy.

But lets put it simply, I am telling you no, and its no.

Lin'da Sul'Kolindo

Alatriel

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 09:26:03 pm »
*a note is tacked up, but surprisingly no one seemed to notice when it was posted or who left it*

Just because no one else had the nerve to speak up, does not mean that everyone was happy with the way the raffle was held.  Charity is charity, but restrictions on people's property, regardless of how it was recieved or accumulated is wrong.  Let people do what they want with the items they have, and take the money you received and do the best you can.  And then, get over it.

Aerimor

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 09:35:24 pm »
Thank you for admitting you were wrong in that regard then.  That is what I ask.  For you to admit your mistakes.  I still have called you a lier, to which you have not defended yourself.  So I guess that means you did realise you told me one thing when I clarified it with you so there coudl be no mistake and then waited until I made a post to slander me.

I also see you have to have the last word, in some hopes of making those easily swayed believe you are on the up and up.

I also am not the only person that has a problem with laws, and rules being changed.  I am not the only person that has a problem with others trying to put their morals on me as a yoke.  I am not the only person that has a problem with a a person thats makes a deal, contract or agreement and then attempts to recant it or change it later.  I do not know what god you follow, but I am sure he or she is proud to have you as a follower.

You do not have to try to control the world.  If at any point you would of worked with me this would of been a non issue.  That and you slandering me after giving me your bond is what I have a problem with.  I have only the minimal insterest in 6,000 gold.  It is a tool, it is what you do with it.  So stop trying to make this about money.  This is about being abused by those that think they can get away with it.  As I said, I will not be bullied by your power, your name, your morals or your agenda.

Thank you for your time,
~Aerimor

P.S.: You have plenty of time to tack notices, but you were not at the location you provided any of the three times I stopped by.

Blackguy

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 02:07:14 am »
This is the last I'll say in this.

Your wrong, this is all about money. You specifly said to me that you wanted to sell the item, and seeing as I prevented you from doing so, you wanted to change to another item you could actually use. You chose your item, because of its high value and only because of that. So please dont say that it is not about money, and lecture me about morals, because clearly you have none.

And I have to admit this whole ordeal, have left me sad and annoyed, that there is still people not understanding why we dont hold these raffles so often, and we try to make them with as little rules anymore, and then they try to use that against us, when we see it nessecary to change them abit.

I'll look-away from all the name calling you have used on me, coward, liar, power-abuser and so on, as i believe you were aggitated because you felt wronged, and that I was after the little man. I was not, I was merely trying to make people have fun and I guess i failed in that. Thank you for destroying my confidence in that there is still decent people out there. If that was your goal, you have succeded.

Reply if you must, but I will not.

Lastly

Lin'da Sul'kolindo

Lynn1020

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 02:42:43 am »
*Emie stops when she sees the long stack of posted parchments and shakes her head*

Aerimor I will get the belt and meet you soon near Hempstead.

~Emie

*then she quickly scribbles at the bottom of one of  Lin'da's notes*

Lin'da what is the big deal if he can exchange the item he got for something he can actually use.  He isn't trying to make coin off of it.  Just trying to get things he needs.  What are the others people going to do with the things they were given but can't use?  Do you really thing they are just going to throw it away or stick it in a chest?

~Emie

Aerimor

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 10:34:41 am »
I stick by my posts Lin'da, it is I who lost faith in you.  I mistakenly thought because you had a big name and were part of a charity event, a hero of the lands, that you were something special.  But I see that it was my naivity showing.  

You are as I called you: a liar, a power abuser, and coward.  

1 A liar: I asked you specifically about the trading of the scroll.  You specifically told me it was acceptable to you as long as I did not sell it.  You now state otherwise.

2 A power Abuser: You wait until the last minute to change rules to an event you had months to plan.  You state changes in those rules hours AFTER the event has started, not before, so everyone can know your rules before hand.  You attempt to inflict your codes of belief and morals on others instead of leading by example.

3 A coward: Instead of stating to me in a private forum that you had a change of heart and that you now wished for the items not to be sold or traded you choose to jump on my posting in a public forum with your wrath and venom.  You had four opportunities to keep this from becoming what it has and you choose not to act on any of them and to instead attempt to blame me for your short comings.

I stand by my words and my beliefs, they do not change on whim, or at a later date to appease me.  I have always been straight forward and honest in this and all things.  I am not two-faced nor duplicit.  I do not rely on others to be bullied and back down because I have a title, a reputation or the ability to smite things into the ground.  I was raised to have respect and to treat all people fairly.  I have given you numerous opportunities to work with me and at each juncture you have decided to ridicule me, slander my reputation and attempt to shift blame to the victim.  I will not and have not stood for these injustices and I will debate you in any forum you wish.  Truth will win out over falacious logic.  Truth is in details.

From the begining I have used strong emotional words to force you to show your true colors.  In the begining I still hoped it was an oversight and you'd retract your poison, but as things played out, it worked all the same.  In all of your ramblings and posts you never once attempted to clear your name as a liar, a coward or a power abuser.  All debaters will tell you that if an opponent chooses to not defend a point in contention, that it is because they feel it is one they have already lost.  I commend you for not falling to petty words, but I did choose mine with purpose.  As I said they tend to show the true character of a person.  For if I was called a liar, or a coward I would react with outrage as I have clearly shown by this whole debate.  You will find that those who are rightfully wronged show emotions and react strongly. While those who only attempt to pretend they are wronged look for other avenues of escape, such as the classic blame shift.

I thank you for your time.  I thank you for your efforts to help those unfortunate victims in the two cities.  And I thank you for debating me on such open forums, I have not had an opponent as untrained in classical debate as yourself since I was in swaddling clothes.

With all that has been said, I still wish you luck in your relief efforts, charities and personal growth.  If you are smart you may use this as a learning experience.  While being a bully may be the easiest avenue for you, there are other options open to those who seek them.  If you ever find yourself in need of assistance in the area of personal growth or debate, I offer you my time and knowledge, be it what it is. I still do not yet have bad blood for you, I just view you with sympathy.

In recant to your sole actual point of response to an actual topic.  In the begining it was about getting items to increase my ability to stay alive and champion my beliefs and my causes.  It obvious you'd like us to believe that your cause is the only just one. But there are others of us out there working to better the world.  And somehow we manage to make a differance without the light that calls herself Lin'da by our side.  

The world has a system of economics, where people trade items to the benefit of both parties.  Some how this free will system has seen us through until now.  I am sorry that it escaped your notice until now, and you have now decided it is unjust and strive to expunge it.  I know you might not rememeber what it was like to not have everything you wanted on a silver platter, but most of the world still have to fight for what they want.  We have had enough of those with the power, with the money and with all the magic they desire trying to keep us down and under heel.  So when those mighty beacons of light decide to help us, that we will know no better than to be blindly grateful.  I am sure there are many families that will be calling you and the foundation saints.  But do not let it go to your head, you still can not walk on water....unless you own that magic item too.  

With regards,
~Aerimor

Aerimor

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 10:36:13 am »
Ms. Meadows,

I will look for you, and you are much appreciated.

~Aerimor

minerva

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 11:57:28 am »
*the exchange of views makes it way to Katrien's ears and she stops to read the exchange. A look of extreme disappointment crosses her face the more she reads with it turning red with indignation as she reaches the bottom.  A hand reaches to tear the notice from it's hanger but she stops short. Those close by might hear her mutter to herself as she purchases a bit of parchment and pays for a falcon messenger*   Why is it the actions of one must ruin things for others...must we be forced to legislate morality and live a Rael regime .... common sense and common decency are lost it would seem.  I will not stand by and let a dear friend silently take such abuse, but neither will I wallow in the mud...
 **she makes her purchases and with care gives the falcon a bit of corn as she takes it home until she can write her letter**

anything