The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Mineral Diamond For Sale  (Read 252 times)

egoober

Mineral Diamond For Sale
« on: July 27, 2007, 04:44:47 pm »
//Posted in his usual golden script on bleached white parchment
[SIZE=18]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18]Offered for Auction: One Diamond

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18] Exactly as it was when mined, and of a suitable quality for enchantment.

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18] Offers over five thousand True accepted

Elladan Peters
Servant of Aeridin
[/SIZE]

Interia_Discordius

Re: Mineral Diamond For Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 04:47:34 pm »
Kinai Ancalime

DMOE

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 05:04:36 pm »

Muireann

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 05:20:46 pm »
Kinai Ancalime

DMOE

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 05:41:12 pm »

Muireann

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 06:03:01 pm »
K.a.

DMOE

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:07:22 pm »

Muireann

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 06:22:31 pm »
Kinai A.

Pseudonym

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 07:50:08 pm »
9,000 true ... but only because of Elladan's beautiful penmanship.

Arkolio de'Averlain

Exodus Stonecutter

• Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 11:57:38 pm »
**Mylindra walks up noticing the Auction*

10,000 true ..*she smiles seemingly excited at her bid*

Pseudonym

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 07:34:44 pm »
Elladan, I'm not making any accusations here ... but you could accept my bid of 9,000 true being from a person with NO association with those of the Corath and Pyrtechon faiths or you could, if such were of no importance to you, accept higher from someone else.

Not making accusations ... just ... I've heard rumours.

May Aeridin's blessing fall upon you and yours,
Arkolio de'Averlain

Pseudonym

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 10:25:07 pm »
Elladan,

It has come to my attention that you were best man at Mylindra's wedding. As such, would you believe a less inflammatory rumour that I have heard where it is whispered that she was witnessed spitting on the cobblestones in Hempstead? She undertipped a waiter one evening at the Scamp's Mug?

*Arkolio sighs heavily, muttering to himself, as he walks off*

merlin34baseball

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 02:01:19 am »
*Tyrian walks by, adjusting her notices, and reads the replies and tacks up a note near the discussion on diamonds*

Mister or Miss
Arkolio,

Be careful what ye say about Miss Mylindra.  Ye might end up having an unfortunate accident.  I would hate to see that happen.

Signed,
Tyrian Baldu'muur
Firestarter

egoober

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 03:34:45 pm »
*Elladan stops by to check on the noticeboard, frowns as he reads down the missives, and finally gives a soft chuckle before scribing...*

Ark, you should know that I would no more judge Mylindra, or anyone,  on the basis of rumours than I would judge you for a mild attempted scam!

The threat of unfortunate "accidents"  is uncalled for. Know that my sword, staff, and the law of the land exist to prevent such things, by the Lifegiver's grace.

I will call this auction to a close tomorrow, in case anyone chooses to change their bids!

Elladan Peters
Servant of Aeridin

Pseudonym

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 12:18:42 am »
*inked at the bottom of the second-to-last message, that of Tyrian Baldu'muur*

You know you got a problem when the paladin of Aeridin has a better sense of humour than you do.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 12:22:32 am »
Kinai Ancalime

Pibemanden

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 12:38:10 am »
11.000 trues

*Signed*Storold Doesccha

egoober

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 04:14:33 pm »
Given the sudden flurry of interest, I almost wish I could leave this running a little longer! Hawever, I said I would end the auction today, so that is what I now do.

Congratulations Storold, old friend, I will deliver it to you as soon as possible.

lonnarin

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 04:51:17 pm »
Arkolio,

Some of my best friends are Pyrtechites and Corathites!  Czukay, Az-ptol, Alice, Nethro, that guy named Massana -something who talked funny... all honored war-heroes!  I resent this blatant religious intolerance, especially since it was the goodly zealots who stood by submissivley when Prantz fell and who granted divine mandate to the deep dwarf's despicable actions when he publicly executed Waylend's innocent daughter at the Rofirienite-sanctioned "trial", or rather, witch-hunt.  

Being somewhat of a scholar of history, I cannot recall any major events within my lifetime wherein Pyrtechon's legions have attempted to conquer our Alliance lands, nor any direct invasions from the Black Sun.  Truly, is it not we who invade his mountain for our adamantium and cobalt, slaying his wee little kobold children in droves?  

Give these guys a break!  You people need to stop making scapegoats of those who have left you in relative peace, especially since nobody among the goodly alliances seem all that willing to stand up against the tyranny in Prantz or the looming threat of Milara... with whom priests of said goodly gods decided to draw up a peacable ceasefire, granting the obsidian demon his precious illusion of legitimate authority.

In particular, Mylinda is known to me from many long and dangerous journies to be of a good heart and honorable disposition.  Never has she cheated any of us in dividing the earnings of our adventures, nor has she ever laid undue claim to any recourses mined on our trips, even the diamonds.  I have never discussed religion with her in depth, which is indeed a good sign as most people who constantly speak of their gods do so to alienate and annoy those not of their faiths with their intolerance.  She is a good woman, and more than capable of defending herself singlehandedly should this intolerance lead to violence.  Nay-sayers of her character, beware!

As for your other accusations of unseemly hygiene and avarice, I'll have you know that she was doing Hempsteed a community service in the spit-shining of those dirty cobblestones, and that the last time I visited the Scamps Mug, my drinks were surely watered-down!

-Farros Galdor

PS: sorry to interrupt this auction by my battle against prejudice.  Congratulations to Storold though!