The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Reconstruction of the Ovdear site.  (Read 226 times)

Aerimor

Reconstruction of the Ovdear site.
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:10:16 am »
As most Elves know, as well as those well informed.

The old Ovdear site is being cleared and set for construction.  This project is of great importance to Voltrex.  It heals old wounds and allows focus on the future.  It can be of greater success with our help.  

I realize that we have a war effort on our hands.  And that those in need will not have those needs cease due to other projects arrising.  But I do ask that those that can, dig deeper and contribute. That those that wish to contribute, to make a differance, contribute what they can to this huge undertaking.  Continue to send gold and weapons to the war effort.  Continue to send food and gold to those in need.  But for those of us that can, please take the time to make a lasting differance in a constructive area.

I believe all things happen in balance and their is cycle to life and Layonora.  Let this building for the future balance the war and destrution that is on our doorstep.  Let the new arrise from the ashes of the old and the cycle turn once again.

For anyone wishing to make a contribution, please send it to the comittee in charge of rebuilding the Ovdear sight. Or contact myself and I will see it to the proper representatives as I have already contacted them about contributions.

Specifically seeking materials for construction and true to purchase such materials.  But any and all constructive contributions will be accepted.

~Aerimor
151 Port Hempstead Fields

EdTheKet

Re: Reconstruction of the Ovdear site.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:05:08 am »
//you can ask a GM to relieve you of any donations made and we'll keep track.

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:51:14 am »
Only when dwarves are allowed in Voltrex, will dwarven aid arrive in Voltrex.  Until I get a passport and vacation rights, they get nothing.

-Bjorn

EdTheKet

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 12:03:12 pm »
//Err, dwarves are allowed on Voltrex :) Heavy customs procedures, sure, but if they promise to keep the peace and do not have any track record of hostility against the continent, they can go there.

Eyvind

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 12:16:09 pm »
Gog walks by on his way back to the pile. He sees some people reading a poster and approaches. He can't read any of it, so he asks a terrified half-elf "wut eet sez." The half-elf explains that they are fixing things in elf-country and that they need money and such. Gog asks if he "wud get sumfing fer 'elp to build," but the half-elf ran away.

//[LORE]Voltrex[/LORE] needs updating, perhaps: "Little is known about Voltrex, for the continent is off limits to all but noble elves, a rule which is policed vigilantly."

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 01:41:31 pm »
Contribution can come in ways other then material goods.  What else is required?

~Goggles

Aerimor

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 07:13:58 pm »
Dear Mr. Bjorn

I will be glad to meet you on Voltrex to recieve your sizable contribution.  Thank you in advance for your generousity, Master Dwarf.  I hope you can bring some of your brethren along with you.  Dwarven metal work is without peer and will be greatly appreciated in this construction.

~Aerimor

Dear Goggles,

I am uncertain if they are accepting additional laborers, but please feel free to contact the commitee in charge.  Time is a valuable resource.  If you'd like to work on a more Mistonian front.  Please spread the word among you and yours and direct the results to myself and I will see that it is sent post haste.

~Aerimor

Aerimor

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 12:05:27 pm »
I am still collecting contirbutions for the reconstruction.  Donations to present are greatly appreciated as will all future contributions.

Thank you in advance for your support,

~Aerimor Lightbringer

Thief Of Navarre

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:07:21 pm »
    I hope my meager contribution helps towards your goal; I wish I could help in some other way than offering a donation!

~ Khalith

Lynn1020

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 10:34:11 pm »
    Aerimor

If you will supply me with a list of supplies that is needed I will help where I am able to.

~Amanda

Aerimor

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 11:29:50 pm »
    Dear Miss Amanda,

Message sent.

~Aerimor

Pseudonym

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 11:35:52 pm »
    *tacked onto the bottom of this notice*

Construction stalled because you were short on payroll by just a few (thousand) true??

The Vault Guild of Fort Vehl is currently offering loans at competitive interest rates. Please forward enquiries to our offices where a qualified loans officer will be only too happy to assist with your needs.

While you're there, make sure you ask about our attractive investment options for your idle true.

The Vault Guild
    Competitive Banking since 1435

twidget658

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 12:39:39 am »
    Aerimor,

I am willing to donate an emerald and four portions emerald dust (separate auctions of course) to aid you in raising the funds for the rebuild of such an icon. In addition, I doubt many people understand what this city stood for and the significance of the Ovdear. I recommend a bit of history to the public to educate them and possibly draw more donations.

Good luck with this worthy cause.

Rodlin Serim
     Captain, Wolfswood Ranger Corps

Aerimor

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 02:15:05 pm »
    Mister Serim,

Thank you for this contribution.  I will work on a history of Ovdear and make it available soon.  Also keep an eye out for an auction with proceeds going to the Ovdear reconstruction.

~Aerimor

P.S.: Anyone wishing to contribute items to an auction, please contact me and I will gladly meet with you.

anything