The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The jolly halfling in Port Hampshire  (Read 213 times)

Ar7

The jolly halfling in Port Hampshire
« on: May 29, 2005, 01:54:00 am »
*In the market area of this bustling merchant town a halfling stands behind his booth offering various items. He is very active, attracting customers without taking a breath between his shouting. A couple of feet behind you notice a dwarf standing silently and looking anooyed by the fact that he has to listen to the halfling all day long. That is probably the guard as the halfling wouldn't be able to protect the valuable goods he offers*

*The halfling has one of each of the following items on his booth, but he quickly explains that these are just samples and that the rest is somewhere more safe. As he says the last words he smiles and quickly begins to go through all the items to see if something cathces the eye of the customer*

Enchantments

Cold, Fire, Electrical I   ///+2 damage
Cold, Fire, Electrical II   ///+ 1d4
Cold, Fire, Electrical III   ///+1d6
Cold, Fire, Electrical IV   ///+1d8

Elemental resistanses

Cold, Fire, Electrical I   /// absorbs the first 5 points of damage 5/-
Cold, Fire, Electrical II   /// absorbs the first 10 points of damage 10/-

Silver

Silver enchantments I   ///+2 damage against undead and shapeshifters, stacks with elementals enchantments
Silver enchantments II   ///+ 1d4 against undead and shapeshifters, stacks with elementals enchantments
Silver enchantments III   ///+1d6 against undead and shapeshifters, stacks with elementals enchantments
Silver enchantments IV   ///+1d8 against undead and shapeshifters, stacks with elementals enchantments

Jewelry

*As the customer asks for jewelry the halfling looks at him and sighs. We have all sorts of jewelry one can imagine, although diamonds and emeralds are limited or not available at all. Besides those we have any gem set almost in any metal, but he specially notes the following rings*

Alexandtrites set in Gold  ( +1 either strenght, dexterity, intelligence, wisdom, constitution or charisma )
Ring of Wizardy I   /// 3 extra level 1 spellslots
Ring of Wizardy II   /// 3 extra level 2 spellslots
Ring of Wizardy III   /// 3 extra level 3 spellslots

Infused items

*As the halfling talks about wands he also brings quick examples of each

Arcane wands of the I level
Arcane wands of the II level ( e.g. melf's acid arrow, ghostly visage, bull's strenght )
Arcane wands of the III level (e.g fireball, lightning )
Arcane wands of the IV level ( e.g stoneskin )
Arcane wands of the V level ( firebrand )

Scrolls

*The halfling says that there is a large number of scrolls available, though he notes, that one has to ask for the scroll he is looking for as there is now known list of them all*

Tailored goods

*The halfling says that almost any leather armor or other leather product  is possible, but he specially notes the following*

Malar Bags
Lion Bags
Gloves of Fury
Belts of Cunning

*The halfling shouts the following* Leave your order here and recieve the finished item, every customer is unique and a special deal will be worked out with him!

Cp_Winddancer

RE: The jolly halfling in Port Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 05:38:00 pm »
*Marcus smiles as he hears where to send the note and hands the halfling a note*
  I am interested in those lion bags.  I have a freinds and she has been wanting one.  Send word with the price and Ill tell you to whom to deliver.  I'm sure you wont mind.
    -Marcus Perrin-

Ar7

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 09:15:00 am »
///I remember one person contacted me and said he wished to purchase something. Now because I recieved a tell during my ECDQ and was a bit busy getting another heart attack, I forgot to write down the character name of the said person. If he is still interested, he should send me a PM.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 09:32:00 am »
* Kobal nods to the dwarf and looks over the items the halfling is selling. He asks where he can buy one of the rings, but frowns when hearing the address... *

Rufus Coldfinger? * He looks to the dwarf and asks... * Tur our' grurzh our' azha zhurhgark waurh az ponururto razihurlazrziah?

* Kobal waits for the answer. *

// The question was: "Do you know you are working for a bloody necromancer?"

Ar7

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 10:07:00 am »
*The dwarf looks back with an emotionless face*

I work for the halfling, he is the one paying me....if the gold comes from a wizard *shrugs* be so. He makes an honest living *motions to the booth with the crafted items*

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 10:11:00 am »
It is not how he makes his money, cousin. It is what he does when he is not crafting...

* Kobal sighs and walks off. *

Ar7

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 08:22:00 am »
*the halfling shouts in the middle of the square* Step right up, make a purchase that will save your life more than once, you will thank the day you became my customer!

SeaWraith

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 09:00:00 am »
    *Alanna glances sourly at the dwarf as he leaves the area*

Don't mind him, good sir... folks just don't seem to understand that *all* magic comes from the same Weave. Necromancy isn't evil, it's just another application of the same energies. Anyway, I like the look of those Rings of Wizardry; do you have any for the more imaginative spellcasters? And if so, what is your price?

///I'm looking for Rings of Sorcery, if there is such a thing?

Ar7

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 09:21:00 am »
    *The halfling quickly focuses on the new customer*

Oh I do not mind the dwarf, there are plenty of them who understand the value of my goods, this one just happened to be a bit silly *during the entire phrase the halfling looked happy and giggled often* But of course of course, such rings exist, but...there is always a but *he smiles* The ring itself is the same for all types of such jewelry, but the final enchanting touch must be given by a sorceror, is you want a ring of sorcery. Thus, my master can provide you with the base ring of power of your choice, but you will have to find an enchanter yourself.

//unfortunatly a wizard can not make a ring of sorcery

Ar7

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 06:50:00 am »
    *If the halfling sees a well-built man or woman on the streets he tries to grab their attention by shouting the following*

I do not know much about armor, but I believe this fullplate armor should really fit any knight out there. If you are more interested, then please contact me later on and I shall show you the armor, it is a bit crowded here.

// Send a PM if interested

*There is also a small notice hanging on the booth, it says*

Buying eggs, paying 2500 for a box

steverimmer

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 07:14:00 am »
    *Bil walks up to the halfling after examining his wares with mild interest*

Bil wonders....Bil wonders if you might have two scrolls Bil would like yes he does.  Bil wonders if yous have flesh to stone and stone to flesh scrolls for sale yes he does. Bil also would like to know what sorts of price you'd be asking for scrolls yes he would.

*Bil looks at the halfling hopefully awaiting his reply*

Ar7

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 07:29:00 am »
    *The halfling quickly comes very close to the goblin, puts his hand on Bil's shoulder and begins to speak as though he is a very good friend*

You are a lucky man, those scrolls are a possibility and I can sell you each for 8000 gold pieces. You see, I would gladly make you a discount, but those bloody wizards have agreed on set prices and anybody charging less....well I don't even want to know what they do with them.

So what do you say?

steverimmer

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 12:49:00 pm »
    *grins* Bil is happy to buy them for that price yes he is.....will yous let Bil know when they be ready Bil has gold yes he has

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 02:12:00 pm »
    *Sin'Dolin walks up to the halfling*
    Hello sir I am Intrested in scrolls.
    I would like to know if you can get the following scrolls?
    Vampiric touch 3rd
    Remove Curse 4th
    Dissmissal 5th
    Globe 6th
    True seeing 6th

*waits for halfling's answer*

Ar7

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 12:42:00 pm »
    Force_of_Will_ - 7/29/2005  2:12 PM

*Sin'Dolin walks up to the halfling*
    Hello sir I am Intrested in scrolls.
    I would like to know if you can get the following scrolls?
    Vampiric touch 3rd
    Remove Curse 4th
    Dissmissal 5th
    Globe 6th
    True seeing 6th

*waits for halfling's answer*

// I am very sorry, completly missed this post //

*The halfling quickly comes to the buyer, apologising along the way for his meaningless chatter with his halfling friends. After begging not no tell his master about this incident he begins to speak on topic*

I believe you are asking very very rare spells, I think I can only supply you with Banishment, others are unavailable for various reasons. My master has forbidden me to sell any necromancy scrolls, he got very angry when I asked him why....do not make me ask one for time *the halfling looks around*

NEXUS7

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 04:19:00 am »
    Spugly looks at the stall then takes a large black Garte Sword out the runes PIANBRINGER down each side it looks small in his gaints hands
    How much you put Lecticity on sword all time Mr halfling?

Ar7

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 05:17:00 am »
    *The halfling runs to the new customer and takes out some rods, each glowing with different power. He puts the rods infront of him*

Enchantments

Electrical I ///+2 damage
    Electrical II ///+ 1d4
    Electrical III ///+1d6
    Electrical IV ///+1d8

*Choose one kind Sir and you shall soon have a weapon worthy of a Titan*

NEXUS7

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005, 07:31:00 am »
    Spugly points at

Cold, Fire, Electrical I ///+2 damage

and then
    Cold, Fire, Electrical IV ///+1d8

Ar7

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2005, 10:23:00 am »
    *The halfling answers the following*

Very good choices, very good indeed. *he holds the first rod on his hands* This lesser rod will cost you 2500 if you decide to purchase it *he places it back and takes the next one* As for this one, this is a great rod that will honor any seasoned adventurer. Of course it greater rod comes with much a higher price, you will be able to apply it to your weapon for 25 000 gold pieces. These are the market prices for these rods *he places the second rod back*

So what do you say Sir?

steverimmer

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 04:33:00 am »
    *grins at the halfling*

Bil was very impressed by your scrolls last time yes he was...Bil wants to buy some more yes he does.  Bil is interested in Knock and in continual flame spells yes he is.  Bil would like to know if they be available and what they cost poor little Bil yes he is.

*smiles hopefully*

anything