The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Tower Academy Seal Competition  (Read 522 times)

Anamnesis

Tower Academy Seal Competition
« on: July 15, 2009, 03:07:02 pm »
Fliers start going up all over in the various market halls, taverns and shops across the land, inviting all to participate in an event sponsored by the Tower Academy.

[SIZE=24][/SIZE]
[SIZE=24]Tower Academy Seal Contest[/SIZE]
[SIZE=24][/SIZE][/I]

The Tower Academy would like to invite all those of with any artistic skill and those who may not be that artistically inclined, to participate in a contest to design the Tower Academy's Seal.

All are invited to join in this fun competition!

Earn Fame, Recognition and 50,000 True
should your design be the one chosen as the winner.

We will accept all entries up until

Mulnari, Mai 2, 1453, 22:59:30
(August 15,2009 23:59:59 GMT)
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

The following users thanked this post: Link092, geloooo

Link092

Re: Tower Academy Seal Competition
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 04:05:15 pm »
*Idoran leaves note at the academy for registration.*

ycleption

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:08:22 pm »
First of all, is there a limit to the number of designs one person is to make?

Second, how would you like designs to be presented? Do you wish simple sketches submitted of the design, or do you wish molds sculpted to cast signet rings (or fully cast ones), or perhaps the design woven into a banner, or maybe something else?

Third, if this is to be something more that a signet ring, are there colors that are associated with the academy that you wish used in the design?

Finally, do you want designs given to you in person, or sent to the Academy, or if you just want sketches, should they simply be attached to this sheet?

~Drexia

//this is a clumsy IC attempt at asking what you are asking for in terms of an image... just a simple design that you can adapt to other uses later, or are you looking for something like Drexia's seal that is ready to be stuck into the forums as is. And do you want any particular file format? The more information you can give us as to how you will be using this, the better we can make it.

Anamnesis

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 08:53:16 am »
To address the questions asked, in order, and hopefully to alleviate any confusion, posted below are the answers to the questions I have received so far. Thank you for asking!

Elohanna Dawnstar
 Councilor of Student Affairs, Tower Academy

First of all, is there a limit to the number of designs one person is to make?

No There is not but ultimately there will be only one winner, one design, unless the designs are kept within the same theme and can used for multiple purposes from signets to letterheads

Second, how would you like designs to be presented? Do you wish simple sketches submitted of the design, or do you wish molds sculpted to cast signet rings (or fully cast ones), or perhaps the design woven into a banner, or maybe something else?

Simple Sketches are fine, but it is at the descretion of the creator. We may commission the artist to make banners and signet rings, so if it is something you feel you would like to invest your time ahead of the announcement of who is chosen as the winner, we will not stop you, but you will also not be reimbursed for your time if you are not chosen.

Third, if this is to be something more that a signet ring, are there colors that are associated with the academy that you wish used in the design?

As there are no limits to the Al'noth beyond what can be imagined by the mind, there are no limits on colors. Though if you are to put this into a ring,  a limit of no more than three colors.

Finally, do you want designs given to you in person, or sent to the Academy, or if you just want sketches, should they simply be attached to this sheet?

As I am the one who is overseeing this competition, I would like the designs sent to the Tower Academy, Councilor of Student Affairs Elohanna Dawnstar

//I would like to use this seal on parchments and signet rings, also signatures for the Staff. JPG or GIF file formats would be ideal. IF you can keep the background of the image white or black that would be helpful so that they can be adapted and placed on parchments put out for the School. Thank you for asking the questions.
Cord, Bard of Ilsare

ycleption

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 05:38:36 pm »
*A courier delivers a package to "Tower Academy, Councilor of Student Affairs Elohanna Dawnstar" Inside is a letter written in a neat hand, and another sheet of bleached doeskin parchment, with sketches in a dark ink, and wax seals*

Elohanna,

I have enclosed here my initial submissions for the Tower Academy Seal Competition. These are of course, samples - I had some signet rings cast, just to see how they would look in wax, but I will make a nicer ones if one of my designs is chosen. I do wish to emphasize, these are samples, and, assuming the competition rules allow, I would be happy to combine elements from more than one sample, if for instance, you would like a gold border around the narrower tower, and the labyrinth design inside. Also, I assumed that "TA" would the appropriate letters - for Tower Academy, but I've also heard people refer to it as "the magic school" or the like, so is there is a different set of initials I should use, please let me know.

~Drexia

Anamnesis

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:33:10 am »
*she posts a reminder of the competition taking down those that have been left and placing them carefully into a parchment folder to be returned to the Tower Academy, and making sure that her notice is not forgotten under all the others that have been posted since.*

Tower Academy Seal Contest

The Tower Academy would like to invite all those of with any artistic skill and those
who may not be that artistically inclined, to participate in a contest to design the
Tower Academy's Seal.

[/COLOR][/FONT]

Cord, Bard of Ilsare

cbnicholson

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 02:24:12 pm »

Ben Poetr.

//apologies and credit to Ycleption.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..besides..I suck at photoshop.  I did however learn a lot in the 3 hours it took me to make these.:) ;)
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Zoogmunch

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 08:53:48 am »
Ms Dawnstar,

he is my effort, its a wax image from a stamp but a handswidth across, I can do the central image on a signet if this will help.

Isherwood Smithson, Squire,

http://forums.layonara.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13712&stc=1&d=1248699189

darkstorme

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 09:58:10 am »
// Just a small note to Zoogmunch; the Tower Academy is in Hempstead.  Not Spellgard.  (Though the seal is nicely done.)

Zoogmunch

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 10:46:42 am »
oops,   damnation!!!! I can do one for anywhere, wait till i find that halfling who said spellgaurd!
  Isherwood

Rowana

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 12:06:40 pm »
A scroll case is delivered to Elohanna, Councilor of Student Affairs, at the Tower in Hempstead. The contents are several sheets of rice paper that curl slightly when laid out.

Elohanna,

I hope this delivery finds you well and hale. I hoped to make a contribution to your search and so sent these sketches. Each is an interpretation of what I have understood the Tower Academy to stand for. If the coloring is displeasing they can be quickly altered to another that is more representative of your organization, you have only to request it. These are sketches only, though I am able to fashion most of what you'll wish to use of them if you desire.  

Regards,
 ~lee

A tower of magic..

Knowledge bearers who bring light into dark places...

Magic knowledge for all...

Black Cat

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 06:20:53 pm »
*An empty bottle of whiskey containing a piece of parchment is sent to the councilor. The parchment has a drawing of a shield on it, and a piece of fabric is secured to the parchment with a wax seal.*

*on the back of the parchment is written*

For the bookworms, Oma.

//Original pictures can be found Here for the shield (pink = background color for easy changing) and Here for the Wax Seal

Anamnesis

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 12:18:28 pm »
Tower Academy Seal Competition Reminder, deadline to enter ends soon.

Quote from: Anamnesis
Fliers start going up all over in the various market halls, taverns and shops across the land, inviting all to participate in an event sponsored by the Tower Academy.

Tower Academy Seal Contest

The Tower Academy would like to invite all those of with any artistic skill and those who may not be that artistically inclined, to participate in a contest to design the Tower Academy's Seal.

Cord, Bard of Ilsare

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 05:25:42 pm »
From Tyra Dragonheart

Hellblazer

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 11:08:22 pm »
//I just got to say shif, that is a very impressive one. I really like the details on both of them, my favorite is the bigger one. Extremely well done.

Zoogmunch

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 09:44:10 am »
Isherwood remembers his promise to get it right and drops of a new seal for review

Link092

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 10:53:27 am »
*Idoran attempts to deliver his drawing*

// been busy, heh, and will likely post it tonight, if they are still being taken.

SteveMaurer

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 03:09:04 pm »
A bird arrives at the tower, bearing the letters of DarthirĂ¢e Zhalberen.  Upon opening it, the staff sees the following:

To the judging committee,

I certainly hope this bird reaches you in time.   My apologies, and I shall withdraw, if it does not.   An impression made with the seal I have constructed is contained herein.

DarthirĂ¢e Zhalberen,
a.k.a.  Lady Z.

Anamnesis

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 11:18:55 pm »
Tower Academy Submissions for the Seal Competition are now closed!
Any submissions posted before this notice are considered valid.
If you have missed the deadline I apologize but any new postings will be invalid.
Sincerely
Tower Academy
Councilor of Student Affairs
Elohanna Min A'Litae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare