The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Tower Academy Special Auction  (Read 680 times)

Anamnesis

Tower Academy Special Auction
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:17:25 pm »

Special Note:

If your bid falls before or after the times listed above the bid becomes invalid.

There are to be no exceptions, no gripping and no complaining.

This is a generous donation and there will be only one winner of the auction.
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

The following users thanked this post: Lance Stargazer

Anamnesis

Re: Tower Academy Special Auction
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 05:12:49 pm »
//Also all times are central time based for my own sanity
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Nom

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 07:19:41 pm »
*a note is scribbled up on the various pub notice boards*

eer oi hear some outfit called the Tower sumik is auctioning an emerald ...well wot dids oi tell ya ...it aint the emerald thats woef anyfink it wot they do wif it that thats worf the dosh...so keep that in mind ...dont be a dobber ...cam ta me The Wee man fer yer emeralds...or even better oi got a stall called "Emerads fer Gold" wif a guarantee that oil give ya the best price ...just pop yer emeralds in a bag and mail them ta me ouse on Krandor and by return a post oil send ya wot its worf Plus 10 per cent...now ah cahnt say fairer...but wot oi can say is that this TOWER MOB ARE WELL DOGEY...If ya gets me drift

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 07:28:55 pm »
Shiff, noticing no one's bidding, sends a letter to Elohanna.

I'll bid 5000 for the Emerald.  I know it ain't near worth it but if no one else wants to give money, I will.

EDIT:  Did not notice the start time >.<

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 09:01:59 pm »
*A not is tacked under the the one left about the 10% up*

If you are so desperate to get emeralds. Get up of your fat arse and go down the deep for two weeks. If you survive and get some good for you. Leave the honest people that knows what the value of that previous rock is, and knows the dangers of getting it, which is why it gives it that price, do their business alone and without interference of your trolling their auction posters.

Fehriel Cailomel

Nom

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:49:19 am »
* anote is pinned under the above*

eer oil ave you know that oi ave a very tidy arse...its been comented on...bleedin cheek! an the reason oi aint been dahn the deep is oi got a bad chest....oi aint a well man ya know..any ways wot is it ta you anyways..are you the Emerald Police or sumik? or are ya wan of this Tower mob ...eh?

Yours cordially
The Wee Man

*the note is signed with a print of a very tidy bum*

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 01:07:58 pm »
Shiff posts his bid again with a sigh.

Ellis

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 03:53:27 pm »
Tower Academy,

For the emerald I will bid the fair market rate of 7,500 coins plus an additional 2,500 coins for your cause, making my total bid 10,000 to the Tower Academy.

So as not to offend, my bid is due to the following.  Based on the recent increase in emerald circulation and amount of jewelry gifted to people as of late, I find it unreasonable to expect more.  By my estimation, emeralds are worth no more than one hundred and fifty percent of the recent selling prices of a diamond, 5000 true.  The days of my youth during the era of Bloodstone, where emeralds were selling for 50,000, 75,000, 100,000 or more are completely gone to the winds and will hopefully never return.

Please let me know when I may pick up the stone.

Lady Muse bless you,
~-~ Ellis Kyudo ~-~
~-~ Archer of Ilsare ~-~

Pibemanden

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 04:11:35 pm »
20.000 true

*Signed*Storold Doesscha

Hellblazer

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 04:48:19 pm »
I will bid 50 thousand trues.

Fehriel Cailomel

Ravemore

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 11:26:21 pm »
55,000 True.

-Stygian Achnuman

Nom

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 11:10:44 am »
A note is pinned to the side of this notice*

Eer wot did oi tell ya...eer we are alf way froo this sham and we aint ad an offer above the cost of makin the bleedin jewlery...oi ask ya....which says ta me that emeralds are nearly worfless...mind you oil give 5 fousand ta the first ten sellers...cant say fairer..know wot oi mean?
The Wee Man
Krandor

Hellblazer

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 11:22:41 am »
*A not is attached under the last one*

You are a despicable man aren't you eh? I mean I see you have your own adds over the market hall, but since no one is replying, you are standing around the posters of others just waiting to see who comes and pin their offers to other people, even if they are paying more than you ask? That must have a rotten feeling to see you have alienated a few people eh?

Like I said earlier, get your atrophied legs moving, find yourself a group and go down the deep for two weeks. Then I'm sure dawn of realization will come to you, and you will see why emeralds are not worth simple diamonds.

Fehriel Cailomel

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 11:24:16 am »
Tyra taps Fehriel on the shoulder after he pins the notice...

Why do you bother...  yer just doing what he wants you to do, react...

Hellblazer

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 11:25:06 am »
*Looks at Tyra*

I know.. just need to vent some frustrations on something sometimes, and he does the trick.

Nom

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 12:29:10 pm »
*a reply *

EEr oil ave you know oive ad more replies than youve ad hot dinners me old china!...oi see your game you dont want anyone ta bid ...so you can ave it cheap...so thats yer game is it well you aint gettin it...and eers ow..Oi bid 60 fousand awight...and oil keep goin till ya shut it!

Hellblazer

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 12:35:15 pm »
So you bid 60 000 trues right?

Nom

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 01:25:54 pm »
*a note*
Wots the matter me old china...cant ya read of course I ave.

// not sure the last message is in character

Grid Blader

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 06:30:29 pm »
*A Man walks up, and pins his note up.  He is an older man, hair is trimed short no face hair.  The lettering is in blue ink, very nice hand writting*

You come and see me Hanna and I will just donate 50,000 to the tower.  You have always been a good friend and it is the least I can do for you noble cause.  I will want that tour you promised me a long time ago though.

Singed,

One of the only Toranite's you trust......

Nom

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 07:31:55 pm »
*SCRIBBLED ON THE ABOVE NOTE*
Oi Toranite at least oi signed me bid...and hey on that note ..why dontcha actually make a bid..instead ah tryin ta look good because of yer charity donation...bleedin makes ya puke that does!

Yours cordially

The Wee Man

Krandor