The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: * A notice for those with an interest in helping to maintain a balance and study a phenomena with th  (Read 100 times)

AbnerMojo

• View Profile
    ~ A carefully written posting is left on the board in the Wild Surge Inn. It has a place set aside at the bottom of the parchment for people to leave their responses as well.~

Dear Colleagues, and friends.

Recently you might have heard or read here of my efforts to organize an attempt to take down a Gloom in the Silent Watch Mountains. As you also might know that effort never got past the very early planning stages due to some resistance, and misunderstanding of the intentions behind it.

Since then I have tried to research all I could about the Silent Watch. I still had the hope of one day carrying out my plan, even if only by myself. But I found very little of which could be called fact. Just many legends, speculations, and what not where all I could learn. Until I came to meet a much wiser and more learned individual by chance while in Hlint recently.

They shared with me a good deal of knowledge in regard to what exactly happened in the Silent Watch that lead it to become how it is now. In no small amount of irony, it was a good deal like the idea that I had proposed which had caused the catastrophe that altered the region so horrifically only on a scale of much larger magnitude.

To this person I am much indebted, instead of hiding behind a polish of wisdom, and condescending talk, they explained it to me like any rational person would to another. And in doing so lifted my ignorance, and armed me with useful knowledge. While I can not claim to be an expert now on the Silent Watch and it's unique condition with the weave. I do now understand that there is a problem.

I also know that it is a problem that I myself could do extremely little to solve, more likely nothing I could contribute would go any meaningful distance toward fixing it. However there is one thing I can do, which is stop being apart of the problem, and help others to not as well.

So it is with this in mind that I would like to propose a meeting to discuss the forming of an order to carry out and lobby for the following.

1.To lobby the officials of Fort Hope, and anyone else in the kingdom with the power to do so, to establish a 'toll tax' on any path that leads into the Silent Watch or Far Reach Forest. This will help to dissuade the merely curious and unprepared from venturing into the region and risking their lives or aggravating the problem. Also the revenue from such could go toward much needed funding for other public interest.

While I am no great lover of law or government. I feel a monetary deterrent would serve the    public interest here far better then establishing a more costly and militant method that could    only lead to conflict and violence.

2.To promote an agenda that would preserve the Satyr of Far Reach Forest isolation. I know this may sound a bit odd, given how quickly the Satyr are to attack any traveler who enters into the Far Reach. However I believe that if you were to learn of what is truly happened and happening in the Silent Watch Mountains you too would agree that this is a beneficial idea.

3.To help support any serious and earnest expedition that has the sole purpose of studying the odd phenomena of wild magic that happens with the Weave in the region. If the problem is to be understood, learned people of magic must have a way to study it up close. To do so in the region would require that they be aided with avoiding the hostile residents, or native wildlife. And to equally guide them, and help lessen their impact on the region as they pass through it.

This objective can be done in many ways. From casters using their spells to make travelers    invisible, so they do not disturb the Satyr of Far Reach as they move through it. From those    with the Scouting abilities of stealth delivering supplies to camped study groups and leading    rescue parties in the event of a mishap.

As I said before, I am not an expert on the region, and it's history. Which is why I choose to refrain from sharing what I have learned here. As I would not want to be apart of or cause for the spreading of misinformation. But I would be sincerely grateful for and to anyone who is to take the time to put up a informative notice that would explain such things in a down to ground, straight forward manner, that would leave the individual who reads it with just the facts, free to make up their mind on where they stand on the problem. I'd further invite them to attend any meeting, so they can explain such things first hand to those in attendance.

I would also like to point out, this is not a call for a crusade, not a battle against good or evil. If anything, I would say this is a project of preservation. If your inner motive for interest in it is anything other then to help maintain a balance in the region and study it, then I feel you are not truly understanding the issue at hand. And while I would not say you should be excluded from such an effort, I would ask that you think long and hard about your motives before committing to it.

Thank you.

-Signed, Uilliam SeeksPeace.