The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A gathering of the new  (Read 204 times)

jrizz

A gathering of the new
« on: September 22, 2005, 04:50:00 pm »
*A weathered looking man in blue robes walks in and places a note on the board*

*In bold script*

To all who are new to this place, being freshly called here by the Dragon, I would like to gather a group in order in handle some matters that have been plaguing this town and the surrounding area (goblins, rats, missing amulet, and more). Also to work together to gather raw materials and craft needed supplies as a group. Each person choosing a craft or small set of crafts and focusing on that to supply the group (arrows, weapons, potions, and others). We will work together to gather the needed raw materials for each crafts person. Together we can grow in our skills and tackle the challenges that are put to us. I know it is tempting to attach yourself to stronger more experienced people in order to complete tasks that are asked of you. But I feel that if we form a well rounded group and learn to work together we can help ourselves grow. Anyone interested please post a note to me here. If the response is good then I will set a time for a meeting.

Sincerely,
Shale Wavebreaker servant of Mist

//I am PST and can be on in the evenings after 9PM. I think it would be good to try to work as newbies to complete the quests together.

ZeroVega

RE: A gathering of the new
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 06:25:00 pm »
 Sel walks through Hlint, being careful not to be 'flanked' by breathless that may want to harm him. The various scrolls, posters, and notice boards filled with common script become annoying after a while, and the frustration of not being able to understand anyone or anything saddens him.
   Picking up a small piece of charcoal from the ground he draws a wave on the notice, hoping that someone will understand what it is, and that he hasn't writen it on the wrong one.

jrizz

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 09:03:00 pm »
*Shale checking the post looks at the mark on the bottom of the scroll*

*He say to himself* If I understand this right, I will find you, and welcome you as my comrade

Ioskeha

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 11:24:00 pm »
*Tcho reads the note and attaches his own*

"Tcho doesn't know of dragons that you speak of, maybe you seeing things?  Tcho hopes you seeing thing, he hears of dragons in stories, know they be dangerous, strong.

Tcho is new to Hlint, maybe you and him meet up.  Tcho will help for a price, what the price is you and him talk, decide on price for services.

//Starting next Monday I'll only be able to play sometime after 8PM PST to around 12AM PST.

Seluna

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 07:49:00 pm »
    *scowls at tcho's writing*

I do believe he was referring to communal help without an exchange of gold for another's services...

*mutters to herself about people nowadays*

Ioskeha

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 09:37:00 pm »
    *Tcho attaches another note*

There is more to pay then just exchange shiny golds, maybe we agree on share of golds, maybe we agree to help when help might be needed.  Maybe you not just assume things about Tcho.