The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Children of the Earth, a future for us in a place our own.  (Read 347 times)

AbnerMojo

• View Profile
    Children of the Earth, a future for us in a place our own.
    « on: November 27, 2006, 02:11:45 pm »
    Written out neatly in common on parchment. The posting goes on to read after its title.

~ Brownies, Dwarves, Gnomes, and especially my beloved fellow Halflings,

A sage once said,

“Home -- that blessed word, which opens to the heart the most perfect glimpse of a Heaven, and helps to carry it thither, as on an celestials wings.”

For many of us there are proud heritages, that which we have inherited through a line of our peoples. Things an customs which are as much a part of us, given to us by ancestors just as much as stature, eye and hair color.

However these have not been the kindest of times to the Children of the Earth. A good many of us having been forced to migrate into the Tall Folk cities and towns due to famine and war. Where now we reside under governments and populations with little understanding for our people and ways.

How often have I sat day dreaming and pining of a town that was for and by us Sensible Height folk outside of Liken or the few Dwarven Strongholds. A place where we lived not under cold written law, or a tyrants whim, but the truest spirit of mutual respect and family love that we all have inherit within.

I even set about for a time looking for a place where such a city may be founded. Investigating the cold and mostly abandoned site of Camp Wolverine on the Barbarian Isle outside of Raven Watch. And wishing that enough of us would settle their to revive it, and call it our own.

Now though, during my thinking, wishing, and traveling I have seen that many of us Halflings have wished for the same. I've also heard of the Brownies and their hopes to establish a new homeland. Come across spirited and proud Dwarfs eager to establish new strongholds to grow industry. And shared the company of Gnomes who wish a place where they can pool their knowledge and establish schools of it to further gain knowledge. And I came to see that we the Children of the Earth were not a lost peoples, we just have never had a mutual hub of our own. The Elves have theirs, the Humans have theirs, why not us, and why not on Mistone?

It was with these thoughts that I sought out and spoke with Miss Triba Gues of Spellguard, most prominent of Halflings. And learned that she to also had such ideas, but more so, that she had a plan to achieve it. For some time now she has had a place in mind, far warmer then the frozen north of the Barbarian Isle. A place that with our mutual and cooperative effort could become that great long needed hub of Children of the Earth culture on Mistone.

So as she plans, and works quite hard for us, she asked me if I could set out to bring the many of us together for a meeting where she could discuss it with us, and lay out her ideas. From us I can tell you it will cost much, in raising funds, resources, and skills along with labor. It will be a struggle to be sure, and many may wish to dissuade us. But think of it, the idea alone is powerful enough in my mind that no amount of effort, no amount of True, no amount of time could be too much not to see it one day. To walk out a door of a home my own, made for someone like me and my family, and look over my Children of the Earth brethren neighbors and be able to honestly say, this is what home was supposed to be.

So I would like to call for, and invite, every Brownie, Dwarf, Gnome, and Halfling who wishes to hear, and help to a meeting within the Hlint courthouse. I promise all can come, listen, and be heard. I feel the best day for such would be this coming or next weeks end at around dusk. And please, bring drink, and pie, and anything else to make merry with. For what is a Children of the Earth meeting if but a festive occasion where some important work manages to get done.

Until then, your friend and brother.

-Signed, Uilliam SeeksPeace. ~

(// I'm hoping for a Friday night, Saturday morning U.S. Central time meeting here. But am open to feedback on that and work out a good time for everyone who wishes to come. Oh and by the way, the quote above is actually a paraphrasing from Lydia M. Child 1802 to 1880, American Abolitionist, Writer, an Editor. Gotta give credit where credit is due you know.)

Pankoki

RE: Children of the Earth, a future for us in a place our own.
    « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 03:06:59 pm »
    *Written below in neat script*
      Let us hope that these are the first steps into building a place we can all call home. Simply let me know the time that is most convenient to all and I will be there.
      - Triba

((Anytime works for me with sufficient notice))

pejsaboy

• View Profile
      Re: Children of the Earth, a future for us in a place our own.
      « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:18:22 pm »
      I'm glad the idea of the Barbarian Isles has been passed on, it's much to cold there! I will plan to be at such a meeting when it happens as well.

Gilli Overdale

//Friday evening or saturday mornings are generally ok for me too. Sometimes, especially this weekend, I work saturdays. That said, Friday evenings would be best for me.

Zelda1

• Followers of Folian S'pae
        • Followers of Lucinda
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:45:03 pm »
      Good job with the notice, Uilliam. I'll be there... obviously.
        Never under-estimate the power of halfling friendship and wisdom.
        Larissa
        (Anytime of the weekend after about 6 EST.)

Praylor Falcus

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 08:07:33 am »
      I seconds da thought on that colds place.....what good it to sets a pie in da winder an have it's freezes insted's of cool's. looking fowards to the meeting

Canius Hearthgard

DeadHead Fred

• View Profile
        « Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 09:24:35 am »
        *Berilu reads through Uilliam's post*
        "A-ha!  Pie!" *A smile tugs at the corners of her mouth*

I'll be there.  I agree about warmer better than cold also.

Berilu Fiercerock

deagle

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 09:27:33 pm »
        *Kori stops and whips about*

Did someone say pie.... count me in....mmmm pie....

AbnerMojo

• View Profile
          « Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 08:23:07 am »
          Fellow Children of the Earth,

A time is now set for a meeting at the Hlint court house. It will be Seventy Five Days from now, at dusk. (RL time, Friday at Midnight, U.S. Central time.) I hope this will give you all ample time to make the trip and arrive safely.

Thanks.

-Signed, Uilliam SeeksPeace.

osxmallard

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 12:40:47 pm »
          I shall attend your meeting.

- Lillian Dartforth

Pseudonym

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 01:52:40 pm »

*Arkolio de'Averlain walks up and reads the notice. Looking around to ensure no-one is watching, he writes at the bottom of the notice...*

But if all the vertically-challenged people move out, who is going to provide the comedy relief?

AbnerMojo

• View Profile
            « Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 02:31:32 pm »
            *Naving stayed to the Shadows as he entered the Inn, Uilliam sees the 'humerous' reply left. So taking out his quill and ink he goes to give a response.*  'Wow, your right. With all us gone things may get a little boring for you Tall Folk. I guess people will just have to pass time by going to see your Mother more often.
              -Signed, Uilliam SeeksPeace.

pejsaboy

• View Profile
              « Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 03:54:39 pm »
              *passing by to check on new notices, Gilli nearly spits out a mouthful of iron hammer bock as he tries to stifle his laughter from the last two posts*

Dorganath

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 04:22:05 pm »
              AbnerMojo:
                That comment was entirely inappropriate for this forum and for Layonara. I've deleted the offending text and I am giving you a warning to refrain from such types of comments in the future.
                Remember that this is a family-oriented server. Let's keep that in mind when posting and while in-game.

AbnerMojo

• View Profile
                « Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 05:43:09 pm »
                // Warning acknowledged, no excuses, sorry.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 06:02:17 pm »
                On a brief break from his experiments with the Creatures game, Pyyran reads over the posts, smiling, and leaves a small note of his own.

There are plenty of friends to the smaller-statured races who would be glad to help - I'm one of them. Let me know what I can do. ~ Pyyran Rahth

AbnerMojo

• View Profile
                  « Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 07:06:15 pm »
                  *Seeing Pyyran's message, Uilliam takes a seat at the inn. Taking down the notice for a bit, he goes to write out his reply.*

Dear Mister Pyyran,

Thank you for the offer of assistance. Until the meeting, and a formal plan is laid down, I don't wish to start anyone off in a direction that may not be needed. However, I would be more then happy if you would except an invitation to attend our meeting, listen in, and offer whatever advice you can give from your expierience. Also, even though we are looking to establish a new place for and by the Children of the Earth races, there will no doubt be a place for Tall Folks who have, and will continue to have a, good relations with us. And part of that is by allowing them to see what we are looking to do, and be a part of what they feel they can help with. So thank you.

-Signed. Uilliam SeeksPeace.

anything