The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Through the Forest...  (Read 4014 times)

Acacea

Through the Forest...
« on: March 01, 2015, 12:53:01 pm »
Acacea is distracted and at times fretful, looking back the way they came as if she could tell with a glance if any souls were freed. Woven into a few of her songs for the road are what sound, for speakers of elven, like a sort of prayer for a goddess to be on the watch for another soul. When given the opportunity she scribbles on a rumpled parchment, seemingly in half swirlies and stick figures and the rest some sort of notes. For any glancing over her shoulder they are barely decipherable not because of mystic arcane runes or the like, but because her handwriting is atrocious. She is apparently making notes on the portal and the wards in the room they returned from, though off to one side there are a few different spellings of the name "Aedan" originally gave, as if she tried to connect some significance to the choice.When the choice of who carries the package comes out, she lingers around Daniella whether welcome or no, trying to listen for any traces of magic that may not have been present around the woman before. If asked she seems to be of the opinion that for all she knows it could be radioactive itself, and is just attempting to listen for leakage. What riddle did you mean, Brisbear? she asks abruptly at one point, without context.

The following users thanked this post: Dorax Windsmith

Alatriel

Daniella does not seem
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 02:15:49 pm »

Daniella does not seem disturbed by Acacea's closeness, though she also keeps the book hidden and close to her at all times tucked away inside her pack.

Acacea

It's very loud, she says
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 07:06:43 pm »

It's very loud, she says helpfully to Daniella at one point. You may as well be carrying a banner. A loud and sneezy banner.

ShiffDrgnhrt

While travelling with the
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 07:07:09 pm »

While travelling with the group after the ordeal in the Athenaeum, the woman in black keeps to herself, observing the others.  She maintains a passive curiousity regarding Daniella, knowing she possesses the "book," but also a compassionate concern for Acacea, confounded by he sullen nature during this journey.  She bides her time, not wanting to disturb either of them, and is content to practice her sword work and exercise when the party is not on the move or sleeping.

Alatriel

She looks down at Acacea.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 07:36:19 pm »

She looks down at Acacea.  "What's loud?"

Acacea

The thing in your pack, she
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 07:56:19 pm »

The thing in your pack, she answers conversationally. It's loud like dwarves locking shields, like doors slamming. It's less loud like other things, too.

Her brow furrows as her thoughts bounce from one thing to the other. Was there a significance in him standing next to the other thing behind Milsy? We've killed a lot of those other things. I'VE killed a lot of those. Ish. Some. A few. Is he not unique? Was he a goal? Were they ALL people? Is he... turning elves or something? Her thoughts trail back to silence, though the path they take does not seem a pleasant one.

Alatriel

Daniella nods with the first
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 08:30:00 pm »

Daniella nods with the first part of Acacea's reply.  "I can feel its power.  It's uncomfortable.  The sooner it's somewhere safe, the better."  She gives Acacea a confused look as she continues on.  "Are you talking about Milara, or just random jibberish?"

//Edit:  Sorry, misunderstood something.  Fixed now.

Acacea

Her feet pause in their steps
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 08:42:14 pm »

Her feet pause in their steps at the question, her dark eyes refocusing. She blinks and then continues onward with a smile. I'm sure it was random gibberish - I'm clearly transparent. Clearly transparent, get it? Right? I try to throw it in there, y'know. Keeps people on their toes. By Milsy I meant Milara, yes!

Meandering more over to the druids, she asks, So, are we tree-walking out are taking the long way and where exactly is this being taken in either case...?

mixafix

Forests picks up on the
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 08:34:31 am »

Forests picks up on the question to the Druids. "I cannot speak on the others behalf, indeed I would not. However I have to say I don't imagine the book will be going anywhere near tree travel. Indeed such a thing may not even be possible. I certainly don't consider it wise. The Bird Lord has committed to returning the book to Milara so I suppose that is where it is going.

She continues to scan the woods seeking signs of danger and what reaction there is to the passing of the 'loud book'.

Anyway who was standing behind Milara ?

cbnicholson

Daniel takes up a guard
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 08:35:46 am »

Daniel takes up a guard position near to Daniella, moving in and out of earshot as she deems, but keeping a sharp eye on her surroundings.  At the mention of the book's evil, he asks those present, "Is there a chance of that the book itself is aware of us?"

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Acacea

She nods agreeably with
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 09:45:30 am »

She nods agreeably with Foresta's comment about attempt to treewalk with the book, and then rubs her cheek at Daniel's question, considering. I don't think so, at least not in the way I think you are thinking, Moustache, though nothing is impossible! But in the sense that a bajillion wards might sense intruders, very probably! It's hard to say, are the paladin alarms going off because of where it was kept and what it was used for, or something intrinsic to its very being? Does knowledge alone trigger them? Doubtful! Plus, it's so loud it could be the things around it, too. Couldn't tell ya, 'specially not from here.

She glances to Daniella's pack and then sighs. Definitely loud like slamming shut, not rattling to be opened, though.

Alatriel

She looks at Daniel.  "No, I
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 09:32:59 am »

She looks at Daniel.  "No, I don't think the book is aware of us.  However, I do think it is a powerful tool for the wrong sort of person.  I will take it somewhere for safekeeping until a more permanent solution can be sought.  I'll take it there straight away."

Acacea

Of course she will, Acacea
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 09:45:19 am »

Of course she will, Acacea mutters dryly.

Foresta's question seems to register belatedly, and for a short time it seems like she may not answer. Out of order she finally says, I don't know. A thing. A thing that used to be a barmy elf. Sin'dolin died during the assault on Milsy's bloodpool and though they tried to get his body out they were forced to leave it behind. What's left of him is... that. Thing.

Another pause, and then she laughs. He was so crazy. An absolute addlecove. Threw a golem at the Long Storm. Hit his head on doorways because he forgot he was riding his horse on his way in. Heh heh.

cbnicholson

"I would expect nothing less,
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 10:51:01 am »

"I would expect nothing less, Commander.  I was merely concerned about the possibility of possession or corruption." He glances at Acacea worriedly. "How loud is this book precisely to your fine senses?  Also, I am fairly certain many of you felt it, but I wonder if Milara did not attempt some form of compulsion upon us as a group, a geas, to complete this quest?  I sensed some divine force flow out whilst we spoke to him.  You, specifically, Commander, may find your free will suspect at the point of disagreeing with returning the book to Milara, should you consider it."

Oscar Wilde

ShiffDrgnhrt

"Whatever you do, don't read
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 11:13:12 am »

"Whatever you do, don't read it," the woman says, suddenly standing beside Daniel.  She throws back her eerily black hood, revealing herself.  Her face is plain, no make up or disguise, and her violet eyes seem locked on Daniella's pack momentarily, before looking away from it, glancing between Dan, Dani, and Chimes.  "I've heard too many stories at my mother's knee about the madness associated with such cryptic texts.  I half expect tentacles to jump from it's pages and dragging the reader into the madness of its pages, or some gaping maw."

Acacea

It is loud going in, not
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 11:13:42 am »

It is loud going in, not going out. Mostly. It's loud like Rofi's vault shouting "here I am, thou shalt not open." Lock-loud. I mean... like Rofi's vault did until it got cracked. There's other stuff but I couldn't tell ya if it's leftovers or part of it. Mostly sneezy. She rolls her eyes a little at the warning. I'm sure we are all keeping tentacles in mind.

She shifts uncomfortably at the mention of divine force and doesn't comment, though she appears to be listening.

Alatriel

"I too felt a Divine force
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 11:14:00 am »

"I too felt a Divine force during the meeting, Captain, but it was centered on the Lady Acacea.  And, no, I have not felt my free will or judgment impaired in any way due to anything that Milara did."  She looks over at Tyra.  "No one is going to even open the book, let alone read it.  And please, Tyra, back up.  I have no intention of you trying to steal it either."

Acacea

Yeah, you better back up. The
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 11:30:35 am »

Yeah, you better back up. The white charger gives them authority over anyone and everyone they please, regardless of what enables their actions, and discussion is a compromise that simply cannot be born! Even wiping their arses is a holy cleansing. She winks to Tyra.

cbnicholson

"Duly noted, Commander." 
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 12:18:42 pm »

"Duly noted, Commander."  Daniel's sword is half out its sheath before he hrrmphs and sheathes again at the sudden appearance of Tyra.  He interposes himself bodily between Daniella and Tyra, turning to Daniella, "With your permission, Commander, I will pray for the All Seeings sight and blessing upon you?"  He appears to be fighting back a slight grin at Acacea's comment.

Oscar Wilde

ShiffDrgnhrt

She scoffs, visibly insulted
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 12:18:45 pm »

She scoffs, visibly insulted by the insinuation of her commiting a theft of the book.  "You two seriously need to relax.  I have no intention of doing anything to or with that book, except perhaps destroy it if allowed."  She rolls her eyes but does not move from where she was standing,  "If after all these years you seriously think I'm up to no good, just stick your swords in me already and send me home."  She pulls down on her collar, exposing the ring of thin scar tissue around her neck.  "Remember when I got this one, Daniel?  The scars would go well with together."