The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Reclaiming Ruins/Dungeons/Forts  (Read 663 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Reclaiming Ruins/Dungeons/Forts
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 01:19:43 pm »
OH!  There is also at least 1 Fort like structure in the Middle of a Swamp...  I think the Swamp near Hlint, but that one has a NPC Quest associated with it...

s0ulz

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 01:37:33 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
The general Idea seems some sort of CDQ/GCDQ is needed, and likely more then one.  Stort is a successful port town created by the efforts of the Raven's Guild (Storold, Angela Swann, Alantha, Fenrir, etc.) so it's possible.  I don't know if the Raven's have anything advantageous in Stort, like interiors, or any sort of revenue or the like, but they built that city out of a Swamp...

Stort was and still is a rather big project. It involved multiple GCDQ-s to first get the permission to build there, then find the means to do it and open the city for business. It's still in a building phase, far from complete, but the IG representation shows more than was there initially to save time by not having to add content every once in a while.

We don't get any tangible revenue from the town, the area itself is the best reward there is, Chongo really went nuts with Stort, it's gorgeous. I definitely recommend anyone try and do something similar that we did, even if it is in a smaller scale. It's worth it, but don't expect it to be easy ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 01:56:22 pm »
Well I'm thinking of Trying something Small  :)  I just hope it turns out have as nice as Stort, even if it's nothing like that...

EdTheKet

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 02:20:37 pm »
Quote from: s0ulz
Stort was and still is a rather big project. It involved multiple GCDQ-s to first get the permission to build there, then find the means to do it and open the city for business. It's still in a building phase, far from complete, but the IG representation shows more than was there initially to save time by not having to add content every once in a while.

We don't get any tangible revenue from the town, the area itself is the best reward there is, Chongo really went nuts with Stort, it's gorgeous. I definitely recommend anyone try and do something similar that we did, even if it is in a smaller scale. It's worth it, but don't expect it to be easy ;)

And it also cost boatloads of building materials and True :)

The playerbase itself got a new shiproutes to use for travel.

Hellblazer

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 02:35:12 pm »
There are some others that you haven't seen yet (one is an awesome Druid Grove that was the result of a WLDQ in the middle of a fetid Swamp of Death) so it's doable... But CNR being included? I doubt it, unless you want to try skinning the animals in that Grove... (Hint: REALLY BAD IDEA! AKA Do you WANT all hell to follow you around forever?)

well stort does have cnr's but as I know it, it is open to every one to get.

Link092

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 02:44:04 pm »
well, I know (at least I think) The team isn't adding any areas... I guess I'll find some other little hovel to invade.... *grins*

Dorganath

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 07:02:14 pm »
There is the Gnoll Watch Tower (you can find where that is) and there was the Tower in Port Hempstead which is now a School for Magic (or it will be one of these days).  And there is the Dark Tower near Krandor, but it and the Gnoll Watch Tower are Points of Interest, and I don't think the Team is going to change that.  You could feasible run ask for a CDQ to find out whats inside them and go from there, but as far as I know, they are staying as is.

The tower outside of Krandor is plot-relevant. Beyond that...well...you don't want to go messing about with it.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 07:04:45 pm »
Wel maybe we do! I bet a lot of people would like to know what the tower is there for, and why...

Chongo

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 09:58:48 pm »
Quote from: Link092
well, I know (at least I think) The team isn't adding any areas...

WRONG!!!!

Yeah, I lied.  I'm still building.  You're about to see how awesome it is when there's someone like ScriptWrecked working the crazy mumbojumbo that makes things move, flash, and bang that aren't preplaced.

But yeah, that's pretty large scale stuff.  Houses, restructures... I'm not going to be the person for that.  Not anymore at least.  And to be quite honest, I'll fight tooth and nail to make sure additional housing-style structures don't go in.  It takes up too much space, and when there's no guaranteed traffic, we're too thinly stretched as it is.  Might convince Dorg to though.

geloooo

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 10:13:07 pm »
The one near Dapplegreen could be a nice guildhall for those who cant enter Port Hempstead :D Just have to tidy the place a bit, kill the bandits, and redecorate :D

Link092

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 10:24:11 pm »
you make it sound pleasant... :\

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 10:26:18 pm »
You know...  There is Fort Vehl for you Undesirable Types...  Go infest that city...  At least then Tyra can stalk you all  ;)

geloooo

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 10:44:29 pm »
Yeah, but I have my eyes set on that outpost :P

Dorganath

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 11:16:19 pm »
Wel maybe we do! I bet a lot of people would like to know what the tower is there for, and why...

Make sure your will is in order.

And no, I'm not kidding.

Or, if you just want information, ask one of the veterans of the last war.

Quote from: Chongo
But yeah, that's pretty large scale stuff.  Houses, restructures... I'm not going to be the person for that.  Not anymore at least.  And to be quite honest, I'll fight tooth and nail to make sure additional housing-style structures don't go in.  It takes up too much space, and when there's no guaranteed traffic, we're too thinly stretched as it is.  Might convince Dorg to though.

Guild halls maybe.  A new structure-just-to-have-a-structure area? No.  General player housing? No, most likely not.

Keep in mind, even with a successful CDQ/GCDQ to take control of some place like that, you'd still be subject to the requirements and costs of establishing a guild.