The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Number of character and storage of unused character  (Read 168 times)

Hellblazer

Number of character and storage of unused character
« on: January 08, 2009, 03:46:03 pm »
I think I saw somewhere the maximum amount of character one player can have, independent of how many bioware account that person has, is six character. is this right?

If so, is there a way for the team to make a backup of a char but not delete it. That way if in the future someone would want to start playing that character again he could, and in this way freeying up a slot in the 6 char per player?

Dezza

Re: Number of character and storage of unused character
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:35:46 pm »
I believe the limit is six active characters, you may have others in the accounts who are inactive. Ones that are never going to be used again should be listed for deletion.

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:46:30 pm »
You know if there was a donation drive in which another slot was granted per 25-50 dollars donated... heheh.  I think the 25-50 bucks would totally offset the couple kb of data in the vault.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 07:42:53 am »
I think that would fall under the heading of violating the EULA, as indirect as it may seem.

EdTheKet

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 09:35:15 am »
I believe the limit is six active characters, you may have others in the accounts who are inactive.

The sum of active and inactive characters per account is not allowed to be higher than six.
So you can't have 11 inactive ones and 1 you play. If you want to submit a 7th character, you will have to get one deleted.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 10:45:10 am »
Can someone then export the char, and if ever has the urge to play him back, ask the team to import it in the db?

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 12:40:54 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
Can someone then export the char, and if ever has the urge to play him back, ask the team to import it in the db?
No.

Exported characters can be edited. The potential for cheating is too great.

You're free to export them, we just won't put them back on the server at some later time.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 12:54:13 pm »
Im gonna assume setting up a "Back up" Character DB on your side would just be a waste of resources?

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 01:31:14 pm »
It would kind of defeat the purpose of a character limit, and it would add administrative overhead.

anything