The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: two silly questions  (Read 115 times)

merlin34baseball

two silly questions
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:52:37 pm »
Ok here's my silly question... actually two of them...

Fighters get bonus feats every two levels. Does this mean they get a feat at 3rd, 5th, 7th etc, since they got one at 1st? Or do they get them on even numbered levels, 2nd, 4th, 6th etc. I can't remember when I got my last feat and need to decide which class to level in soon.

Second do the effects of the spell flame weapon stack with the permanent elemental effects in game, such as say a blade permanently enchanted with lightning would you also get the flame damage if you cast flame weapon on it? And if you had a blade that was enchanted with fire permanently would the two flames stack?

Thanks!
Merlin34

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: two silly questions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 03:54:44 pm »
Odds, and yes, they stack. Rather than being added damage for the weapon, it's an on-hit property. You'll notice that the fire damage is done in a separate line.

Pibemanden

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 04:00:34 pm »
Quote from: merlin34baseball
Ok here's my silly question... actually two of them...

Fighters get bonus feats every two levels. Does this mean they get a feat at 3rd, 5th, 7th etc, since they got one at 1st? Or do they get them on even numbered levels, 2nd, 4th, 6th etc. I can't remember when I got my last feat and need to decide which class to level in soon.

It is level 2, 4, 6... At least that is the way I think it is

Second do the effects of the spell flame weapon stack with the permanent elemental effects in game, such as say a blade permanently enchanted with lightning would you also get the flame damage if you cast flame weapon on it? And if you had a blade that was enchanted with fire permanently would the two flames stack?

Thanks!
Merlin34

Yes the flame weapon and the enchantment are two different things, however... The flame weapon effect is applied before you do damage with the weapon and the enchant. So it wont help you with beating DR against fire since you will first get x damage from flame weapon and then y damage from the weapon. So the Dr vs fire will firs take off the x damage then the y damage.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 04:44:36 pm »
eh so... even or odd levels?... anyone positive? It makes a huge difference in how I go about choosing levels.

Filatus

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 04:55:49 pm »
Even levels.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 05:00:40 pm »
Perfect, thank you!

s0ulz

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 05:27:36 pm »
eh so... even or odd levels?... anyone positive? It makes a huge difference in how I go about choosing levels.

Even fighter levels to be exact and save you any trouble.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 01:31:05 am »
Yeah, even fighter levels. Sorry about that. I went in to check and discovered my error... Long after these folks gave the right answer. ;)

anything