The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Epic damage reduction  (Read 558 times)

Gunther

Epic damage reduction
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:00:21 am »
I'm afraid to get the answer to this question......

With the halfgiant skin, Gunther has a 20 constitution.  He just leveled to 24, giving an ability point.

I place that in Con, making his constitution 21, hence fitting the requirement for epic damage reduction.

However it doesnt show up in the list of available feats.

Without the giant skin, his constitution is 15 (I think), 16 with the level jump to 24th level.

The game only factors off the base number  (no skin taken into account)?  So epic damage reduction cant be taken unless Gunther's base number somehow jumps to 21?

lonnarin

Re: Epic damage reduction
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:12:17 am »
Sadly, feats go by the pre-skin amount.  So you need that extra 4 con to take the feat.

Gunther

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 12:19:12 am »
Ouch, I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight, but thanks for the speedy response.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:23:30 am »
[LORE]Great Constitution[/LORE] and a few more ability points should get you access to the epic DR.

Gunther

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 10:08:42 am »
Yeah, I considered that, but had to weigh the likelihood of Gunther surviving to 32nd level to get enough points to get to 21.  Thanks for thinking about it.

While the additional hit points would be nice, I think I'll just throw the points into strength and terrifying rage.  I'm curious to see what terrifying rage actually does.

jadewillow

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 07:59:04 pm »
Terrifying rage is nice. Go for it :)

Gunther

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 08:35:17 pm »
I am having a lot of fun with terrifying rage.  I thought the description sounded a bit lame, but its one of the best abilities I've seen.

Not sure if epic damage reduction would have been better or not, but I dont regret terrifying rage at all.  Though the npcs screaming for help while they lay dead on the ground is a bit disconcerting.