The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Graceful Plea Usage For Ability Reallocation  (Read 178 times)

Script Wrecked

Graceful Plea Usage For Ability Reallocation
« on: October 29, 2009, 05:55:28 pm »
Are Graceful Pleas now(1) available for ability point reallocation?

Quote from: Carillon
Your other request, to move two ability points from Strength into Intelligence, is approved with the use of a Graceful Plea, as these points were added after character creation and we can edit your character files to make this change. This requires some database edits and changes, and will likely take some time to take effect, so your patience during this time is appreciated.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

[SIZE=10](1) I say "now" because I have not been able to find mention of this in the Combined Disputes, Grievances And Reimbursements Policies. This is something I had wanted to do for my character a few weeks prior to the release of the updated policy, and could have pursued it under the new policy had I been aware of the possibility.[/SIZE]

The following users thanked this post: jrizz

Dorganath

Re: Graceful Plea Usage For Ability Reallocation
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 06:52:42 pm »
The breadth of things for which Graceful Pleas may be used was purposefully left rather open.
Graceful Pleas can be used for things such as (but not limited to):
  • Soul Strand reimbursements
  • Item replacement due to loss from inventory mis-management, accidental discards or the like
  • Name, description or appearance changes with no IC justification
  • Relevel beyond the normally-allowed thresholds
  • Fulfillment of any other Dispute, Grievance or Request that has been denied (excluding denial by lore reasons)
  • Returning of a previously permed character that has not been deleted from our server vault (see special note below)
  • Any other request denied for any reason
So it's more a matter of asking rather than whether or not it's on "the list."

EDIT: Please note that not all attribute allocations are the same, and attributes taken at character creation are rather more complex, due to the point buy, and that would steer things toward "rebuild" territory.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 07:07:50 pm »
I was after this one:

Quote from: Script Wrecked
Unfortunately, I chose one point of Strength when I should have taken one point of Constitution.

She has just turned level 23, the ability increase occurred at level 20.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 12:25:56 am »
That would seem to fit.  While not saying "approved" on the spot, it's worthwhile to post the request in the proper forum.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:43:19 am »
[INDENT]"But, wait, there's more..."[/INDENT]

The initial relevel request was to reallocate ability increases in order to meet a feat requirement.

Subsequent to the the relevel request denial, I took an ability increasing feat to meet the desired feat's ability score requirement.

Would it be possible to reallocate that feat as part of the ability score reallocation request?

Also, as a point of accuracy, in the initial thread post, I said:

Quote from: Script Wrecked
This is something I had wanted to do for my character a few weeks prior to the release of the updated policy, and could have pursued it under the new policy had I been aware of the possibility.

I thought the relevel request was made the same month as the Policies were updated, in April. This isn't correct, the relevel request was made in January.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 07:39:28 am »
Make the request. :)

Include all relevant details.

anything