The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: In need of saving  (Read 129 times)

Hellblazer

In need of saving
« on: December 11, 2009, 09:22:23 am »
After a power outage a few days ago, Sil got stuck all alone, in this very big dangerous and dark place.. oh boy poor Sil.

Can any one of you good Gms, please save her? :)

LordCove

Re: In need of saving
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 09:34:38 am »

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 09:35:35 am »
logged in

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:36:11 am »
well that was one way to go.... good thing she saved her ss... Thanks for trying to catch her though :)

LordCove

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 09:53:13 am »
Yeah, sorry about that.  :(

Often enough logging in to NWN ... half way through loading, it jumps back to my desktop.
Try to jump back to NWN and it freezes and I have to sit and wait for it to crash before I can load it back up.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 10:38:55 am »
are you using vista?

LordCove

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 10:40:14 am »
Nope.. just usual Windows.
Had it on different versions of Windows.

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 11:05:40 am »
kk cause my bro (phobo) had that kind of problem too, but with Vista. Disabling the movies did the trick for him.

SteveMaurer

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 06:31:49 pm »
Quote from: LordCove
Nope.. just usual Windows.
Had it on different versions of Windows.

Happens to me as well.   NWN is laughably buggy.

But I know, more or less, what's going on.   They don't hook the the mouse before getting to the load screen, so if you click to move past the splash title screens, you can end up switching to explorer.   And as there is no error checking, this causes all sorts of problems with NPE (that's Null Pointer Exceptions), because they don't properly restore when they switch back.

I know a little about this because I have DevStudio loaded on my gaming box, and get it up asking if I want to debug every time NWN crashes.

OK, so here is a little something that can fix it: if, before you click to speed past the title screens, you move your mouse a little to the upper right, you generally won't hit anything in explorer.

There are other errors in the game as well, having to do with networking, and some tilesets appear to trigger a memory corruption bug, but the "move the mouse before you click" thing generally works.

Of course, dealing with any buggy software, YMMV