The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Shadows  (Read 354 times)

Thunder Pants

Shadows
« on: June 12, 2009, 04:19:46 am »
I was curious about the various shadow creatures on Layonara.  I am aware that normal shadows and normal summoned shadows (such as a summon from a shadowdancer).

However, i know that in the past shadow fiends, as well summoned ones (such as from a level 7 shadow dancer) have something screwy with their AI (not much can be done about this as i recall from the past) and don't tend to attack even when commanded.

my question was if the Shadow Lord which is summoned by level 9 or 10 shadow dancer (can't remember at what level the shadow dancer summons the lord) is effected by the same AI issues that the shadow fiend has.

Dorganath

Re: Shadows
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 08:24:04 am »
I've never had problems with the Summoned Shadow Lord not attacking.

Alatriel

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 10:31:07 am »
I don't have problems with the Summoned Shadow Lord not attacking.  I did however have problems with the Summoned Shadow Fiend not attacking.

Thunder Pants

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 06:47:45 pm »
Thanks for the replies that answers my question

And as i stated in the OP i know about the shadow fiends, and i'm aware that it isn't just the summoned ones.  It's something that was done to the AI that effected them, but as i recall nobody has any idea what that something was, so nobody has any idea how to go about fixing them heh.

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 06:42:07 pm »
Yeah, even monster shadow fiends, like the ones in Storan's Crypt sometimes tend to lock up and practically do nothing.

Doesn't hurt me! *grins*